pompeo Declines to Present Evidence of Imminent Threat From Iran

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This should be a huge red flag that pompeo and trump are lying about that imminent threat.

If there was evidence they would present it. Yet they refuse and try to change the subject to the general's past conduct.

What he did in the past isn't what trump and pompeo claimed is the reason for killing that general. They said imminent threat.

We're getting nothing but lies from trump and pompeo.

If they couldn't lie, they wouldn't have much of anything to say.

Pompeo again declines to present evidence of 'imminent' threat that led to strike against Iranian general

This should be a huge red flag that pompeo and trump are lying about that imminent threat.

If there was evidence they would present it. Yet they refuse and try to change the subject to the general's past conduct.

What he did in the past isn't what trump and pompeo claimed is the reason for killing that general. They said imminent threat.

Pompeo again declines to present evidence of 'imminent' threat that led to strike against Iranian general

It is none of your fucking business! By what right should anyone get briefed on intelligence and its source?

Joy Reid did

Donald Trump Jr. Obliterates Joy Reid For Calling Iraq Embassy Attack 'Trump's Benghazi'

It is none of your fucking business! By what right should anyone get briefed on intelligence and its source?

It's the excuse to start a war, and it's not our fucking business? You're a bigger idiot than I thought.

There was no imminent threat.
What makes you say that? Because you hate Trump?

I don't believe there was an imminent threat.

All trump does is lie. Pompeo has lied about the call trump made to Zelensky in July.

Both men are proven liars.

If trump had not spent the last 4 years lying through his teeth about everything, I wouldn't doubt his word.

When asked for proof of their claims, pompeo refuses to provide it. If there was proof he would have provided it when asked.

Finally it's being reported that the general was there on diplomatic business to discuss peace with Saudi Arabia.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. If it was just trump and his cohorts who had to deal with the consequences of this most people wouldn't care. But it's innocent people who are going to die or be harmed because of this.

And here I thought this was a government OF the people BY the people...that would be US the citizens...so yes we DO have a right to know. We know why they won't release it,because its a bunch of fucking lies.

All trump does is lie. Pompeo has lied about the call trump made to Zelensky in July.

If trump had not spent the last 4 years lying through his teeth about everything, I wouldn't doubt his word.

When asked for proof of their claims, pompeo refuses to provide it. If there was proof he would have provided it when asked.

Finally it's being reported that the general was there on diplomatic business to discuss peace with Saudi Arabia.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. If it was just trump and his cohorts who had to deal with the consequences of this most people wouldn't care. But it's innocent people who are going to die or be harmed because of this.
Trump is not so powerful yet that the Department of Defense is his puppet. I do not believe that. This is what was released. Trump and his henchmen can expound as they will, but this is what it was based on.

Interestingly, the wording doesn't actually pinpoint any specific future attack, or imminent threat, so you are technically right. However, I don't see that minor detail--of the latest plan not being quite ready--as a great reason to hold off blowing the bastard up.

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Statement by the Department of Defense
JAN. 2, 2020

At the direction of the President, the U.S. military has taken decisive defensive action to protect U.S. personnel abroad by killing Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Force, a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization.

General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region. General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more. He had orchestrated attacks on coalition bases in Iraq over the last several months – including the attack on December 27th – culminating in the death and wounding of additional American and Iraqi personnel. General Soleimani also approved the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad that took place this week.

This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world.

Wasn't it that dead fucks group who attacked out Iraqi embassy??

I'd call that an imminent threat.

How do YOU know?

CNN told him so
sheep cnn.jpg

Trump is not so powerful yet that the Department of Defense is his puppet. I do not believe that. This is what was released. Trump and his henchmen can expound as they will, but this is what it was based on.

Interestingly, the wording doesn't actually pinpoint any specific future attack, or imminent threat, so you are technically right. However, I don't see that minor detail--of the latest plan not being quite ready--as a great reason to hold off blowing the bastard up.

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JAN. 2, 2020

At the direction of the President, the U.S. military has taken decisive defensive action to protect U.S. personnel abroad by killing Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Force, a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization.

General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region. General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more. He had orchestrated attacks on coalition bases in Iraq over the last several months – including the attack on December 27th – culminating in the death and wounding of additional American and Iraqi personnel. General Soleimani also approved the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad that took place this week.

This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world.

How will killing that man deter future attacks? It won't do a damn thing to prevent any attacks. They've already replaced him and the new general is bent on revenge. So is the whole nation of Iran.

The killing of this general will do nothing to stop attacks. It will cause more attacks to happen. Anyone who doesn't believe that, I have some wonderful ocean beach front property in Kansas to sell them cheap.

I don't believe anything trump says and I don't believe that there was an imminent threat.

Even the letter from the DOD didn't say there was any attack or threat much less imminent.

This is a repeat of the bush boy years. We've been down this road before.

The only way I'm going to believe any of this is with honest, solid factual proof.

As I said, if trump had not spent the last 4 years lying through his teeth about everything, I wouldn't doubt his word.

Many Americans are like me. Once we've been lied too over and over again we don't believe much from the liars with out honest, solid factual proof.

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JAN. 2, 2020

How will killing that man deter future attacks? It won't do a damn thing to prevent any attacks. They've already replaced him and the new general is bent on revenge. So is the whole nation of Iran.

The killing of this general will do nothing to stop attacks. It will cause more attacks to happen. Anyone who doesn't believe that, I have some wonderful ocean beach front property in Kansas to sell them cheap.

I don't believe anything trump says and I don't believe that there was an imminent threat.

Even the letter from the DOD didn't say there was any attack or threat much less imminent.

This is a repeat of the bush boy years. We've been down this road before.

The only way I'm going to believe any of this is with honest, solid factual proof.

As I said, if trump had not spent the last 4 years lying through his teeth about everything, I wouldn't doubt his word.

Many Americans are like me. Once we've been lied too over and over again we don't believe much from the liars with out honest, solid factual proof.
Iran backs down when faced with force, unlike Obama trump is a man

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JAN. 2, 2020

IMHO, the attack and killing of Soleimani was, more than anything else, a direct message to Iran: DON'T FUCK WITH US. From here on out, it's going to be tit for tat, we're going hit you back if you hit us, and we can hit harder. I do not know what Iran's next move is, or what the US might do in response but Trump has shown the willingness to meet force with force, appeasement is over. I seriously doubt we'll get into a war with Iran over this, unless they do something really stupid. I don't think they're any more of a military threat than Iraq was, these guys couldn't beat Iraq 25 years ago and we wiped them out in 2 weeks. I think Iran knows that; they've already got enough trouble at home, and they ain't got the money or the ability to do more than pin-prick us with terrorist attacks somewhere.

Didn't you claim that right when it came to Mueller investigation?

The American people deserve to know if it is going to drag us into war. Even Bush provided more as his justification for invading Iraq.

Forum List

Back