Poll: What should we do with guns?

What should we do with guns?

• Total voters
I don't foresee a complete ban on weapons or supplies, but I think the days of the assault weapon etc and big-clip capacity will be gone within a year. And I am not sure that the purchases of such will be grandfather. I suspect a mandatory buy back program will be implemented at the states' levels.

I don't foresee a complete ban on weapons or supplies, but I think the days of the assault weapon etc and big-clip capacity will be gone within a year. And I am not sure that the purchases of such will be grandfather. I suspect a mandatory buy back program will be implemented at the states' levels.

So what's an "assault weapon" all that is, is the looks of the weapon. Full auto weapons are already illegal and there will never be any mandatory confiscation of guns in this country Jake lets be real, won't happen. The people will never tolerate such a thing, and politicians from both parties would be against it

So what's an "assault weapon" all that is, is the looks of the weapon. Full auto weapons are already illegal and there will never be any mandatory confiscation of guns in this country Jake lets be real, won't happen. The people will never tolerate such a thing, and politicians from both parties would be against it

Not one of my firearms are for sale

80 MMM (million mads moms) will bend us all over and make us cry, Jroc, if they wan't to do so. The people will do what their mothers want them to do, enough of them. They will make NRA look like a weakly Kiwanis club in a town of 50.

You better grow up and think about this.

You gun nuts have to deal with facts. Death by autos will be surpassed with death by guns within several years.

Josh Sugarmann: Gun Deaths Exceed Motor Vehicle Deaths in 10 States

Gun deaths set to outstrip car fatalities for first time in 2015 - Democratic Underground

And how many of those are attributed to suicide?

I know, at least in Alaska, suicide was the #6 leading cause of death in that state in 2009 (the top state in the blog referenced source that you posted) and the majority of those 'gun' deaths were suicides. The problem with using this as something to support gun control or lower clip sizes is that statistic has nothing to do with these laws whatsoever. The cited statistics you are using are meaningless in this discussion. This is not to mention that suicide rates are not going to be changes based on the availability of suicide. Other mans are simpler (and less painful tbh).

I don't really care what the 'gun' death rate is, it is meaningless. Homicide, crime and other rates are important when we go into gun control and whether or not they have any positive effects. I also highly doubt there are any 'assault' weapon bans coming as they are simply not constitutional as per the latest SC ruling on the subject.

There is no such thing as an assault weapon.

Hey, there's a good slogan. Print that on a bumper sticker and drive around Newtown, Connectitcut. Or Aurora. Or Columbine.
This is the rhetorical step just before "There is no such thing as assault". "Guns don't kill' has worn off.

Plot spoiler: it sets up next month's meme, 'there is no such thing as guns".

382075_466796846691796_281778117_n_zps221135f7.jpg

"First of all, it's NOT an assault weapon" (not elaborated)

OK, what does it do then? Make a pizza?

You're actually going to try to get out of this by changing definitions of words?

I gotta see this ... :popcorn:

Hey, there's a good slogan. Print that on a bumper sticker and drive around Newtown, Connectitcut. Or Aurora. Or Columbine.
This is the rhetorical step just before "There is no such thing as assault". "Guns don't kill' has worn off.

Plot spoiler: it sets up next month's meme, 'there is no such thing as guns".

OK genius, define assault weapon.

The far right will engage in the "But, John, we can change that by changing what happened and changing definitions." Yes, there are assault weapons that do not belong in our civilian society.

You need to support that statement, GuyPinestra, because we can't take only your word for it. You need to show the homicide rate is similar to whatever standard you are implying.

I already sourced it. It is where this conversation began. Read the thread.

Fake Malarkey doesn't read these threads with any comprehension, he's only here to emote.

Every time I take him off ignore I end up regretting it, but it's like driving past a bad accident, you can't help but slow down and look.

Son, ignore me or don't ignore me. You read me anyway because you get mad because I have no trouble booting your butt when you lie or post falsely. I have no trouble commending you when you are right. But if you believe you add significance to the Board either way, then you are being a silly GP.

80 MMM (million mads moms) will bend us all over and make us cry, Jroc, if they wan't to do so. The people will do what their mothers want them to do, enough of them. They will make NRA look like a weakly Kiwanis club in a town of 50.

You better grow up and think about this.

More proof that you don't live in the real world. There will never be a mandatory confiscation of a person’s legally bought fire arms, it'll never happen notwithstanding your apparent hostility toward the NRA

My hostility, you clown? I wasn't hostile at all until I listened to the that dweeb on TV.

If the Moms of America say Jroc can't have certain firearms, son, you will give them up or go to jail.

Forum List

Back