Poll to condemn or condone "the violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6"

Do you support the "violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6"?

• I'm a GOP voter and NO I do NOT support the attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I'm a GOP voter and YES I do support the attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • I'm a democrat and I condemn the 1/6 attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other, see my post

Votes: 37 35.2%

• Total voters
I want to know why an unarmed petite woman can be shot dead, and the shooter isn't made public, not to mention stand trial for murder.
Agreed. At about 6' from the target anyone competent to use a pistol should have been able to put one in her shoulder instead of her heart.
At the very least that was manslaughter.
She was shot in the shoulder from what I have read on it?

Babbitt was shot once in the shoulder by an unidentified Capitol police lieutenant while attempting to crawl through a broken window leading to the Speaker's Lobby outside the US House of Representatives' chamber. The shooting was captured on video and went viral for the world to see. The lieutenant has been cleared of criminal wrongdoing.
Some posters say she was shot in the neck. The medical examiner said she was shot in the "left anterior shoulder". But she died pretty fast. The video I saw showed a black guy in a suit wearing a mask shot her. What a waste. Her kids will miss her.

To prove a point, we need to clarify how many GOP posters support the "violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6/21".
As opposed to the many of us who supported the 1/6 protest, but NOT the attack on the Capital Building and the threats to Mike Pence and the injuries and deaths and property damage.

Please vote in the poll honestly.
You’re not asking the right question.

my vote….

Not a democrat. Oppose the attack
The right question is?

I want to know why an unarmed petite woman can be shot dead, and the shooter isn't made public, not to mention stand trial for murder.
Agreed. At about 6' from the target anyone competent to use a pistol should have been able to put one in her shoulder instead of her heart.

Babbitt was shot once in the shoulder by an unidentified Capitol police lieutenant while attempting to crawl through a broken window leading to the Speaker's Lobby outside the US House of Representatives' chamber. The shooting was captured on video and went viral for the world to see. The lieutenant has been cleared of criminal wrongdoing.
Some posters say she was shot in the neck. The medical examiner said she was shot in the "left anterior shoulder". But she died pretty fast. The video I saw showed a black guy in a suit wearing a mask shot her. What a waste. Her kids will miss her.
What a waste is correct.

To prove a point, we need to clarify how many GOP posters support the "violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6/21".

Your poll is flawed. Why do you give two choices yes or no to the GOP but not to democrats? You certain that 100% of the democrats condemn it?

The capitol attack was wrong. It never should have happened. It never should have gone that way. I personally never would have broken doors and windows or damaged or stolen property there. Maybe they should have stood outside demanding officials come out and debate with them or something, I don't know, but whatever the true answer, having said all that, I still SUPPORT the protest at the capitol because

• IF the election was stolen,

• IF the democrats have lied and are covering up.

• IF there was a concerted effort to clandestinely remove Trump against the will of the people by a deep state looking to reestablish its attack on a sovereign republic like the USA,
then what those people did was absolutely right and necessary, they acted as patriots as the Founders and Constitution would prescribe, and the Congress is only lucky those people didn't show up armed to the teeth and let not a single thing walk out of there alive.

When good governments go very wrong, it is time to hit the reset and clean house.

Very interesting that the democrats apparently have a lot more to lose than do republicans.

It's not a party lined topic 'in the real world'.
Hate to break it to you but you have no idea what the real world is. You are satisfied with what fascists and Communists say it is.
Just like the 9-11 attacks, patriotic Americans are appalled at the fascist tactics the Neo-GOP are now embracing. The repetition of the Biglie. Violent coercion by unruly mobs invading government buildings seeking to disrupt the Congress while it was carrying out it's Constitutional obligation.

Armed means with guns
So, prevent I'm coming at you with a baseball bat.

Am I unarmed?
View attachment 503691

Unarmed people according to kyzr.
The 1/6 protesters were unarmed, i.e. no guns.
Ashli Babbitt was unarmed when she was shot in the neck by a black guy wearing a mask.
They were armed. Bear spray, flag poles, knives and other hand held weapons. They also took tasers from the police and used them.

Stop lying.
Compare those "weapons" to guns. You are lying saying that they were armed.
As soon as the SWAT teams showed up with ARs the party was over. No contest. No insurrection.

What did I lie about?

Sure, the insurrectionists had only been ripping up and shitting (literally) in the Capital for hours and yeah, their courage came in crowd form and when finally challenged by a deadly force they left.

Why are you defending them?
I'm not defending the rioters. I'm defending the insurrection charge.

You claimed they weren't armed. They were, you just don't like the definition. You're downplaying how dangerous a mob they were.
It was NOT an insurrection, which by definition requires the insurrectionists to be armed.

Nope, that's not true. The definition of an insurrection has nothing to do with being armed or not.
The lie I'm saying you made is saying that the rioters were "armed".

They were. Carrying weapons is called being armed. bear mace, knives, clubs, flagpoles, stolen tasers. They were armed.

They did not all have guns. as would be needed to have a real insurrection.

Some did, they were caught outside but being armed simply means carrying weapons. That's more than just firearms.

They trespassed, they got arrested, they were NOT charged with insurrection, QED.

Almost no one in our history has ever been charged with insurrection, even during insurrections.
ok, looks like we're going to agree to disagree.
1. The rioters had no intention of overthrowing the US government and taking over, i.e. an insurrection. They were unarmed, protesting voter fraud, and a stolen election.

What are you talking about? Of course they did. They were trying to delay and/or stop the peaceful transition of power by force. They threatened to hang Pence because his role was to oversee the certification of electoral votes.

2. I showed you a definition that had the word armed. You showed me one that had "open revolt", I like mine better.
I showed you one that didn't, so what? They were armed anyway so I'm not sure exactly what point you're trying to make other than demonstrate you also aren't familiar with the definition of 'armed'.

3. A few having primitive weapons when the SWAT teams had ARs and the Capital Police had pistols is not apples to apples viz weapons needed for an insurrection.
So, according to you each side has to have an equal amount of force in order for an insurrection to be called an insurrection? Again, why are you making shit up to defend these idiots?

4. I disagree that it was an armed insurrection. If it was, why weren't the trespassers charged with insurrection? Got you there. QED.

Already answered, rarely has anybody in our history been charged with insurrection, even during an insurrection.

5. Bullshit by any other name. It was not an insurrection because there were no insurrection charges, period. The FBI were the ones who instigated the Capital riot anyway.

That's made up.

I don't have time for this today, but I had to respond.
1. As soon as the SWAT teams showed up with their ARs, the riot was over. It was not a serious attempt to overthrow the government. The rioters had chants and grievances, but in the end they left peacefully. Remember in Russia when the commies had guns and took over their capital (Dumas)?
Here is what an insurrection that fails looks like.

2. Forget the armed/unarmed debate. No one was charged with "insurrection" so it was NOT an insurrection, period.

3. See #2

4. If you aren't charged with insurrection, it wasn't an insurrection, by definition.

5. See #2 and #4.

Armed means with guns

Am I unarmed?
View attachment 503691

Ashli Babbitt was unarmed when she was shot in the neck by a black guy wearing a mask.
They were armed. Bear spray, flag poles, knives and other hand held weapons. They also took tasers from the police and used them.

Stop lying.
As soon as the SWAT teams showed up with ARs the party was over. No contest. No insurrection.

What did I lie about?

Sure, the insurrectionists had only been ripping up and shitting (literally) in the Capital for hours and yeah, their courage came in crowd form and when finally challenged by a deadly force they left.

It was NOT an insurrection, which by definition requires the insurrectionists to be armed.
They trespassed, they damaged US property, they got arrested, they were NOT charged with insurrection, QED.
History will record it as a failed insurrection. You must be able to see that writing on the wall.
What I saw were rioters, no one was charged with "insurrection".
So the dems continual whining about an insurrection are bullshit.
Yes...I understand that is how you feel. I'm stating facts. This will be recorded in history as a failed insurrection.
Maybe the Marxists who write and publish books will re-write history, but since not one of the rioters was charged with "insurrection" that is PROOF that it was NOT an insurrection. The "insurrection" is just a lie, just a democrat talking point. It's not a "feel" its a fact, no charges of insurrection, QED. Maybe we can charge the FBI with fomenting an "insurrection"?
Sure, you can get all ridiculous about it but I’m still just stating a fact.
The fact is that no one was charged with "insurrection".

Armed means with guns

Am I unarmed?
View attachment 503691

Stop lying.

What did I lie about?

They trespassed, they damaged US property, they got arrested, they were NOT charged with insurrection, QED.
History will record it as a failed insurrection. You must be able to see that writing on the wall.
Yes...I understand that is how you feel. I'm stating facts. This will be recorded in history as a failed insurrection.
Maybe the Marxists who write and publish books will re-write history, but since not one of the rioters was charged with "insurrection" that is PROOF that it was NOT an insurrection. The "insurrection" is just a lie, just a democrat talking point. It's not a "feel" its a fact, no charges of insurrection, QED. Maybe we can charge the FBI with fomenting an "insurrection"?
The fact is that no one was charged with "insurrection".
Yet

Your poll is flawed. Why do you give two choices yes or no to the GOP but not to democrats? You certain that 100% of the democrats condemn it?

The capitol attack was wrong. It never should have happened. It never should have gone that way. I personally never would have broken doors and windows or damaged or stolen property there. Maybe they should have stood outside demanding officials come out and debate with them or something, I don't know, but whatever the true answer, having said all that, I still SUPPORT the protest at the capitol because

• IF the election was stolen,

• IF the democrats have lied and are covering up.

• IF there was a concerted effort to clandestinely remove Trump against the will of the people by a deep state looking to reestablish its attack on a sovereign republic like the USA,
then what those people did was absolutely right and necessary, they acted as patriots as the Founders and Constitution would prescribe, and the Congress is only lucky those people didn't show up armed to the teeth and let not a single thing walk out of there alive.

When good governments go very wrong, it is time to hit the reset and clean house.

Very interesting that the democrats apparently have a lot more to lose than do republicans.
I think we agree.
The protest of voter fraud was fine.
The riot and damage to the Capital Building was a crime.
If Trump would have won and there was an attempt to overthrow the Trump government, that would have been bloody. Because whoever has the most guns and tanks wins.

This thread was started because "HappyJoy" and I were arguing that nearly all Republicans supported the capital building riot.
I thought that most Republicans opposed the capital riot, and I seem to be correct.
The poll realywasn't about democrats, we assume they opposed the GOP riot, but love their own riots.

A convenient time to have an identity hiding mask on.

Armed means with guns

Am I unarmed?
View attachment 503691

Stop lying.

What did I lie about?

kyzr has practically created his own dictionary to rewrite the definition of the words he uses in his own posts.

The attack on Jan 6 against the Capitol Building was WRONG, but it's just as wrong to attack federal buildings or state gov't buildings too. It has more significance, but it's still a crime. And in my view it was NOT an insurrection, that's just the democrats trying to make it look worse than it was. Were they armed? Did they set fire to the place? Were they throwing rocks and bottles? How many cops got blinded by lasers?

Trumps Jan 6th circus was more than an attack on a government building. It was an attack on the workings of of the Constitution. On that day, the process that was attacked, use to be the jewel in our crown. Our nonviolent transfer of power from one ruling party to the next. Where the Vice President presides over the ceremonial counting of the Electoral College votes for the next President in a joint session of Congress.

Seems those who want to continue the Biglie want to minimize, homogenize and pasteurize Trumpybears Jan 6th PinHead insurrection already.

Trumps Jan 6th circus was more than an attack on a government building. It was an attack on the workings of of the Constitution.
how so? we have had a civil war before you know? maybe you don't. There is that.

patriotic Americans are appalled at the fascist tactics the Neo-GOP are now embracing.
you have no idea what a patriot looks like. It certainly ain't you or anyone who is a demofk. Stealing elections, how anti american can you be. And you all scream every vote counts. You're all insane.

As opposed to the many of us who supported the 1/6 protest, but NOT the attack on the Capital Building and the threats to Mike Pence and the injuries and deaths and property damage.

Please vote in the poll honestly.
The problem with your poll is that if you condemn the law breaking at the capitol, then the leftwing drones will interpret that to mean you also oppose the protest.
The poll is only about the riot at the Capital Building.
The poll has nothing to do with the peaceful Trump rally/protest.
The leftwing drones keep droning about an "insurrection" when absolutely no one was charged with "insurrection".
Left wing loons are way more partisan than they are accurate. They'll find out in 2022 and 2024.
That may be true, but that's not how the progs will spin it.

patriotic Americans are appalled at the fascist tactics the Neo-GOP are now embracing.
you have no idea what a patriot looks like. It certainly ain't you or anyone who is a demofk. Stealing elections, how anti american can you be. And you all scream every vote counts. You're all insane.
Dude? Tell me how you really feel big boy! Need some more clutching pearls? I think I can still get you that special deal from last week if you want. Just let me know!

Forum List

Back