POLL: Should We Halt Immigration From Some Muslim Nations?...

Would You support Halting Immigration From Some Muslim Nations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The definition of Sharia Law is readily available online - let's avoid the Ramadan Rush and not quibble about definitions.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law is the canonical corpus juris of Islam, with variations in interpretation and application.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law is woven into the fabric of Secular Law in most countries and regions dominated by Islam.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law is actually substituted for Secular Law in a variety of areas or regions dominated by Islam.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law and its secular derivatives is substantively different than Secular Law in The West.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law remains operative in the internal governance of Muslim immigrant communities world-wide.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law is quietly and figuratively imposed upon members of those Muslim immigrant communities.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that as immigrant Muslim community populations increase, so does the demand for open practice of Sharia Law.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law is largely alien to Secular Law in The West and perpetuates the isolation of such communities.

It is enough for the Man on he Street to remember that Western Man spilled his blood and spent generations freeing himself from the slavish yoke of Canonical Law.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to recognize Sharia Law as representative of an older and more primitive mindset with an alien twist that is unwelcome in The West.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to realize that 'Creeping Sharia' is to be avoided and repulsed in our public life and not imposed upon Muslim immigrant communities.

Was there anything else?
Kondor3, thank you for a sensible and cogent comment on Sharia law. I wish I had said it as you have. But my question is, are Americans in fear that Sharia law will supersede our national secular law? And I ask because it seems a very remote possibility, actually and impossibility to me, yet some are driven to take action against Sharia law even though it is only a 'what if' in reality. I'd very much appreciate your opinion on this?
Unless you believe some women (Muslim women) are worth less than others in the US and unless you agree that some women (Muslim women) in your country deserve to be discriminated against and don't deserve to be treated on an equal footing with men, then you won't want any part of sharia law.

Last edited:
Nope. Let the market decide. If free suppliers choose not to employ them, and if free citizens choose not to integrate them at the social and institutional level, than the desire to come here will naturally dry up.
THey couldn't even get here if the Obama administration wasn't paying their way, so I'm kewl with that. However, immigration isn't a market function. It's a government function.

The definition of Sharia Law is readily available online - let's avoid the Ramadan Rush and not quibble about definitions.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law is the canonical corpus juris of Islam, with variations in interpretation and application.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law is woven into the fabric of Secular Law in most countries and regions dominated by Islam.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law is actually substituted for Secular Law in a variety of areas or regions dominated by Islam.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law and its secular derivatives is substantively different than Secular Law in The West.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law remains operative in the internal governance of Muslim immigrant communities world-wide.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law is quietly and figuratively imposed upon members of those Muslim immigrant communities.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that as immigrant Muslim community populations increase, so does the demand for open practice of Sharia Law.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to understand that Sharia Law is largely alien to Secular Law in The West and perpetuates the isolation of such communities.

It is enough for the Man on he Street to remember that Western Man spilled his blood and spent generations freeing himself from the slavish yoke of Canonical Law.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to recognize Sharia Law as representative of an older and more primitive mindset with an alien twist that is unwelcome in The West.

It is enough for the Man on the Street to realize that 'Creeping Sharia' is to be avoided and repulsed in our public life and not imposed upon Muslim immigrant communities.

Was there anything else?
Kondor3, thank you for a sensible and cogent comment on Sharia law. I wish I had said it as you have. But my question is, are Americans in fear that Sharia law will supersede our national secular law? And I ask because it seems a very remote possibility, actually and impossibility to me, yet some are driven to take action against Sharia law even though it is only a 'what if' in reality. I'd very much appreciate your opinion on this?
Unless you believe some women (Muslim women) are worth less than others in the US and unless you agree that some women (Muslim women) in your country deserve to be discriminated against and don't deserve to be treated on an equal footing with men, then you won't want any part of sharia law.

We have a Constitution. Religious law that is unconstitutional is not going to impose itself in America.

Just ask Kim Davis.

Trump never said "only some".

Irregardless of whether he said it or not....that should be the case....aka a muslim is a muslim no matter where they are from.....and their children will be muslims and as the statistics show it is the children who are or will be the most dangerous....most of the muslim terrorism in America has been done by radicalized children of muslim immigrants aka the second generation.

In a nutshell: Islam is not compatible with Western Society...it is a intolerant religion and the more religious a muslim is ...the greater danger he becomes to Western Societies.

All the deluded naive bleeding hearts should study up on Islam and they might be able to come to better conclusions about our immigration policy.

Nope. Let the market decide. If free suppliers choose not to employ them, and if free citizens choose not to integrate them at the social and institutional level, than the desire to come here will naturally dry up.
THey couldn't even get here if the Obama administration wasn't paying their way, so I'm kewl with that. However, immigration isn't a market function. It's a government function.

Of course....never heard the 'market function claim before' quite hillarious....someone who has not a clue thought that one up.

Was there anything else?

We have a Constitution. Religious law that is unconstitutional is not going to impose itself in America.

Just ask Kim Davis.

You need to study up on Islam.....wherever it goes it tends to subjugate the original populations culture, relgion etc. Islam is like cancer....a deadly cancer.

We have a Constitution. Religious law that is unconstitutional is not going to impose itself in America..

Utter drivel. And you don't even realize your second sentence nulls the Constitution, i.e. you're saying the Constitution is unconstitutional. lol

We have a Constitution. Religious law that is unconstitutional is not going to impose itself in America..

Utter drivel. And you don't even realize your second sentence nulls the Constitution, i.e. you're saying the Constitution is unconstitutional. lol

You are not going to get unconstitutional religious law in this country. It will be challenged and struck down.

Was there anything else?

Just ask Kim Davis.

You need to study up on Islam.....wherever it goes it tends to subjugate the original populations culture, relgion etc. Islam is like cancer....a deadly cancer.

Comical paranoia.

Donald Trump is currently being savaged by the Democrats and Communist/Progressive MSM, for suggesting halting all immigration from Muslim Nations. But what about halting immigration from some Muslim Nations?

Our Government is currently accepting thousands of Immigrants from known Terrorist-havens like Syria, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq. How do you feel about it? Thanks.

We should definitely take a harder look at Muslims in general. Are we asking the right questions when we interview the prospective immigrants? I don't think so.

A very naive view you have.....even the head of obama's FBI has said there is no way to properly vet most of the muslim immigrants....not even to mention their children and how easily the children are being radicalized.

Maybe we should just waterboard the applicants before we deny them any hearing at all. Just a sick trick. We should also renig on any we promised safety. Why just say no?

You are not going to get unconstitutional religious law in this country. It will be challenged and struck down.

bwaaaaa how naive! The constitution is just a piece of paper as several Presidents have demonstrated....none more so than the current one whose very existence as POTUS was unconstitutional as in according to the constitution he was inellgible for that office. Get Real.........

Donald Trump is currently being savaged by the Democrats and Communist/Progressive MSM, for suggesting halting all immigration from Muslim Nations. But what about halting immigration from some Muslim Nations?

Our Government is currently accepting thousands of Immigrants from known Terrorist-havens like Syria, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq. How do you feel about it? Thanks.

We should definitely take a harder look at Muslims in general. Are we asking the right questions when we interview the prospective immigrants? I don't think so.

A very naive view you have.....even the head of obama's FBI has said there is no way to properly vet most of the muslim immigrants....not even to mention their children and how easily the children are being radicalized.

Maybe we should just waterboard the applicants before we deny them any hearing at all. Just a sick trick. We should also renig on any we promised safety. Why just say no?

A little common sense would go a long way aka would you allow a rattlesnake to slither into your home?

Was there anything else?
Look at it as an exercise in premption, or, more metaphorically accurately, Preventive Medicine.

Swelling immigrant Muslim populations in various parts of Europe, over the past 50-70 years, and most especially the past 20-30 years, have resulted in the local recognition of Sharia Law by secular Western legal bodies in a number of jurisdictions. This is perceived to undermine Western culture and authority within its own domains.

Those not already infected feel the need to immunize themselves while there is still time.

============================================================================

Daniel: "Mister Myagi... what's the best way to defend against a front-kick?"

Myagi: "Ahhhhh... Daniel-san... best defense... no be there!"

9e29d78e186d2a261f984d647c6e019c.jpg

Daniel: "Mister Myagi... what's the best way to defend against Creeping Sharia?"

Myagi: "Ahhhhh... Daniel-san... best defense... no recognize on any level."

Last edited:

Was there anything else?
Look at it as an exercise in premption, or, more metaphorically accurately, Preventive Medicine.

Swelling immigrant Muslim populations in various parts of Europe, over the past 50-70 years, and most especially the past 20-30 years, have resulted in the local recognition of Sharia Law by secular Western legal bodies in a number of jurisdictions. This is perceived to undermine Western culture and authority within its own domains.

Those not already infected feel the need to immunize themselves while there is still time.

============================================================================

Daniel: "Mister Myagi... what's the best way to defend against a front-kick?"

Myagi: "Ahhhhh... Daniel-san... best defense... no be there!"

9e29d78e186d2a261f984d647c6e019c.jpg

Daniel: "Mister Myagi... what's the best way to defend against Creeping Sharia?"

Myagi: "Ahhhhh... Daniel-san... best defense... no recognize on any level."

CIA chief: ISIS working to send operatives to the West
CIA Director John Brennan will tell Congress on Thursday that Islamic State militants are training and attempting to deploy operatives for further attacks on the West and will rely more on guerrilla-style tactics to compensate for their territorial losses.

Read more here: CIA chief: IS working to send operatives to the West

Perhaps this is a good time to simply halt ALL immigration for a decade or two... we're full-up and don't need any more, anyway.

We did it once after WWI for 35 years and it worked just fine. We got several generations of immigrants who assimilated just fine into American society. They provided huge impetus to the advancement of this country.

I know Muslims that have assimilated into American culture quit well recently. For example, I know a hard working kid from Libyia that is chill as fuck and detests ISIS. He also loves America.

We don't need good law abiding American Muslims living in more fear of the US Government than ISIS.

I agree. What is your friend's position on Sharia?
Longknife, I've heard this sharia-based hysteria for so long now, I got off track. Oklahoma, I think, even legislated against it. So tell me again, what IS sharia law? I get the impression it is a fear that America will toss established law in favor of sharia law if there is a conflict. Is that what you mean?

Sharia, Islamic sharia or Islamic law is the religious legal system governing the members of the Islamic faith. It is derived from the religious precepts of Islam, particularly the Quran and the Hadith. The term sharia comes from the Arabic language term sharīʿah, which means a body of moral and religious law derived from religious prophecy, as opposed to human legislation.

From Sharia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A little common sense would go a long way aka would you allow a rattlesnake to slither into your home?

If I had a house in the boonies of Eastern Washington I would keep Diamond Backs in cages around the perimeter with trap doors that opened into the premises and had one of those smart phone door bell thing-a-ma-jigs and saw somebody going through my shit on the security screens I would release the rattlesnakes into the house. Then I would turn on the lasers. Then the remote control .22 cal machine guns.

It would be a blood bath. Sweet!

There is definitely a time and a place for rattlesnakes!

It's already embedded in our entire body of law, so you would have to throw out most of it to live up to your premise, which was my point.

Forum List

Back