Poll; Should Congresscritters Get Pay CUT During the Schumer Shutdown?

Should we cut the pay of Congresscritters during all government shutdowns?

• Yes

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • no show

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Now, lets not discuss whether these incompetent bastages should be paid at all.

IF they cant do their fucking jobs, why should they be paid for it?

"Members of Congress should not be paid unless they pass a budget, said Caddell, advising Trump to publicly advocate for such a policy: “If Congress cannot produce a budget on time – which is September, not next January – they ought not to be paid. That would go over like hell-fire. That would go over fantastically with the voters. They are tired of this … The Democrats have shut this down solely on the basis of DACA and immigration.” - Pat Caddell, Democrat pollster

Pat Caddell: Democrats Have 'Lost Control of Their Base'

They are doing their job. They are making sure a problem gets fixed.
lol, no wonder you Regressives are such idiots; you cant tell the difference between getting something done vrs grandstanding bullshit.

roflmao

"Members of Congress should not be paid unless they pass a budget, said Caddell, advising Trump to publicly advocate for such a policy: “If Congress cannot produce a budget on time – which is September, not next January – they ought not to be paid. That would go over like hell-fire. That would go over fantastically with the voters. They are tired of this … The Democrats have shut this down solely on the basis of DACA and immigration.” - Pat Caddell, Democrat pollster

. Trump isn't taking a paycheck for being President, so I don't think it would be to much for the people to ask that the people not doing their jobs be deducted from their pay until they get their grandstanding aces to work for all of America.

No pay cut, just withhold their checks until they make the government liquid again. Perhaps suspend their health benefits as well.

Why are they always the exception to the rules everyone else must live by? Only until they are held accountable will things ever change.

Actually its Trump shutdown, and Cons in the 2013 were all for a shutdown, most of them. Trump himself said we may need a government shutdown.

. Trump isn't taking a paycheck for being President, so I don't think it would be to much for the people to ask that the people not doing their jobs be deducted from their pay until they get their grandstanding aces to work for all of America.

No he is just giving it to charity, a tax write off. I mean my God we even support his shit paper , he is actually living off the US citizens.

Seems right to me. The shutdown means that government employees are not being paid, and they're government employees, are they not? The exception to the shutdown is "essential employees", and if they can't keep the government funded and running, then they certainly aren't essential.

I'm over their drama. The nation is held hostage over their crap. These people have no idea how ignorant they look.

No pay cut, just withhold their checks until they make the government liquid again. Perhaps suspend their health benefits as well.

I say the exact same situation that applies to other government workers right now should apply to them. Make it very clear that there's a lot more on the line in their jobs than simply waving their hands around, squawking in faux outrage at whatever they've decided to pretend to be upset about, and holding American workers hostage to their demands.

A deal was brokered to keep the government open, then the treasonous fat senile old orange clown changed his mind. And the GOP doesn't have the guts to go against the senile old bastard. This rests squarely on Trump and the GOP.

A deal was brokered to keep the government open, then the treasonous fat senile old orange clown changed his mind. And the GOP doesn't have the guts to go against the senile old bastard. This rests squarely on Trump and the GOP.

Why? Because Trump and the Republicans will not bend to illegals? Because Democrats put illegals before Americans? That Democrats are willing to see the military go without pay to benefit those who defied the law? Trump does not vote in Congress, Schumer prevented that.

Do you realize how looney that sounds?
You do know he wanted to take nothing, right, but law doesn’t allow it, yet you still complain.
And every other president has taken their salary and kept it. The write off is nothing compared to how much he would have been benefited had he kept it. It is still reported and taxed just as any other salary is.

No he is just giving it to charity, a tax write off. I mean my God we even support his shit paper , he is actually living off the US citizens.

Forum List

Back