Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated

Umm you do have a reading comprehensioin problem.
From the article:
"

They do not want a third party and say they usually or almost always vote Republican. The percentage holding a favorable opinion of former President George W. Bush, at 57 percent, almost exactly matches the percentage in the general public that holds an unfavorable view of him.

"

I should have included the rest of the quote " 18 percent of the Tea Partiers who identify themselves as Republicans are white males over 45." Which would make the rest of the white males over 45 democrats or independents.

Your defective assumption assumes that no non whites are Republicans? Or some republicans are under 45?

You could never write code.

Is it time for you to call me a libtard now?
A liberal, yes, I for one wouldn't call you or anyone else a libtard.

I should have included the rest of the quote " 18 percent of the Tea Partiers who identify themselves as Republicans are white males over 45." Which would make the rest of the white males over 45 democrats or independents.

Your defective assumption assumes that no non whites are Republicans? Or some republicans are under 45?

But you are not Lonestar Logic. Irony in that moniker for sure.

And yes I am pretty much a fiscal conservative realistic Liberal I suppose.
My humanitarianism pushes me in the liberal direction.

Last edited:
Some defended being on Social Security while fighting big government by saying that since they had paid into the system, they deserved the benefits.
Others could not explain the contradiction.

“That’s a conundrum, isn’t it?” asked Jodine White, 62, of Rocklin, Calif. “I don’t know what to say. Maybe I don’t want smaller government. I guess I want smaller government and my Social Security.” She added, “I didn’t look at it from the perspective of losing things I need. I think I’ve changed my mind.”
:lol:

This kind of comparison keeps popping up. I don't think that Tea partiers, nor republicans have an issue with the socialized policies we have in place. I think everyone realizes that we do need safety nets in place for the needy. But to expand on on socialized programs and the cost, and increase in debt is the issue.
I know that the left wants to use what's in place and belittle conservatives over the policies, but it just goes to show how the left really doesn't understand the conservatives. Or, they just want to try to use a "gotchya" moment.
The Republicans, until they found out how unpopular it was, often campaigned on doing away with Social Security and Medicare. You can't have it both ways...makes you look like a hypocrite.

Hey stupid, it says that 18 percent of the Tea Partiers identify themselves as Republicans. That would mean the rest of them are either Democrats or Independents.

From the article:
"

They do not want a third party and say they usually or almost always vote Republican. The percentage holding a favorable opinion of former President George W. Bush, at 57 percent, almost exactly matches the percentage in the general public that holds an unfavorable view of him.

"

The quote actually says: The 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.

But keep fooling yourself.

Call it what you want, UScitizen. I'm stating a fact from my point of view. Your projecting on what Lonestar may say. One might interpret irony from your post.

This kind of comparison keeps popping up. I don't think that Tea partiers, nor republicans have an issue with the socialized policies we have in place. I think everyone realizes that we do need safety nets in place for the needy. But to expand on on socialized programs and the cost, and increase in debt is the issue.
I know that the left wants to use what's in place and belittle conservatives over the policies, but it just goes to show how the left really doesn't understand the conservatives. Or, they just want to try to use a "gotchya" moment.
The Republicans, until they found out how unpopular it was, often campaigned on doing away with Social Security and Medicare. You can't have it both ways...makes you look like a hypocrite.

Yeah they still want to do it but got smart enough not to campaign on it.

Except for maybe some extreme "republican wannabe's", would you be more precise on who your talking about? Maybe a link?

Tea Party supporters are wealthier and more well-educated than the general public, and are no more or less afraid of falling into a lower socioeconomic class, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.
Video Why I Joined the Tea Party
.Related
How the Poll Was Conducted (April 15, 2010)
The 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.

They hold more conservative views on a range of issues than Republicans generally. They are also more likely to describe themselves as “very conservative” and President Obama as “very liberal.”

And while most Republicans say they are “dissatisfied” with Washington, Tea Party supporters are more likely to classify themselves as “angry.”

Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated - NYTimes.com

Teabags.jpg

teabaggers.png

tl_headlines_tea_party.jpg

Oh yeah. Good point. Best thread ever!

take your little photoshopped signs and place them where your proctologists goes.

So...you've made the clear accusation that those two photos are "photoshopped". Prove that they are by providing the original, un-doctored photos.

When the cost of your humanitarianism overrides your fiscal conservatism would that not lend one to believe that you too are a hypocrit?

I've read all of this back and forth, but the bottom line is that the tea Party movement has and will have an effect on elections. Right at this time it doesn't bode well for the democrats. Stay tuned.....

Since the Teabaggers are such a force in America today, they need to field their own candidates....

I've read all of this back and forth, but the bottom line is that the tea Party movement has and will have an effect on elections. Right at this time it doesn't bode well for the democrats. Stay tuned.....

Since the Teabaggers are such a force in America today, they need to field their own candidates....

Says who? bodecea? :cuckoo:

When the cost of your humanitarianism overrides your fiscal conservatism would that not lend one to believe that you too are a hypocrit?

Nope, I realize that everything is not black and white. Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

but? They are supposedly leaderless?
How would that work?

Converting existing Democrats and Republicans in office already makes for more power and influence quicker.

Nope, I realize that everything is not black and white. Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

By using your exact words, and I do agree with them, that republicans and tea partiers can have the same right as you with SS and Medicare.
So they aren't hypocrites just as your not a hypocrit.

So Teabaggers are angry Republicans?
Heck I have known that all along, I didn't need no stinkin poll to figure that out.
Angry seems to cover most republicans.
They like life that way it seems.

Hey stupid, it says that 18 percent of the Tea Partiers identify themselves as Republicans. That would mean the rest of them are either Democrats or Independents.

the poll claims 54%, not 18%.

the poll

By using your exact words, and I do agree with them, that republicans and tea partiers can have the same right as you with SS and Medicare.
So they aren't hypocrites just as your not a hypocrit.
hypocrisy implies wit. i think ignorance is behind folks who want to tear down SS and medicare in an effort to 'improve' the economy or america. the article does claim that many tp's are above this bar.

they are 14% more likely to be damn fools from this perspective than other americans according to the poll, however.:doubt:

Polling the Tea Party - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

Told you they were nothing but sore-loser bush-ites. :lol:
No dear, it has nothing to do with Bush, who is not liked by the movement.

You see, these are the silly attempts to discredit it that help it grow.

The movement isn't about the Gop, bush or neocons or any other silly halfassed reason you keep trying to assign it.

Its about EXACTLY what it says it is, protests agianst out of control and unresponsive government.

From the article:
"

"

Is it time for you to call me a libtard now?[/QUOTE]

No, your actions speak for itself.

Forum List

Back