Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated

See willow, Diamond Dave understands that the poll is not exactly complimentary to right wingers.
Perhaps posting it was not such a good idea, your fellow ex bushies are trying to decide what to post on it right now, but having trouble figuring out how to support you.

No... I did not say that at all.. nice attempt to try and put words in my mouth.... not gonna work though

I said nothing in particular about the poll at all.. and I will not as I do not really wish to discuss this

What I have said numerous times is that I find it comical that one time people will praise the use of a poll, and other times they will bash the use of polls by saying they are nothing but gobblty gook

I say using snapshot polls to support anything is really gobblty gook.. and that only one poll really counts.. that is until they start polling lots more numbers of registered voters with questions better worded to the situation instead of questions skewed to obtain a predetermined answer

See willow he does not really wish to talk about it,
Poor Willow...

If I need a puppet master to try and twist words while talking for me.. I will contact my ex wife... so shut the fuck up

So Teabaggers are angry Republicans?
Heck I have known that all along, I didn't need no stinkin poll to figure that out.
Angry seems to cover most republicans.
They like life that way it seems.

Hey stupid, it says that 18 percent of the Tea Partiers identify themselves as Republicans. That would mean the rest of them are either Democrats or Independents.

Heck I have known that all along, I didn't need no stinkin poll to figure that out.

No kidding. I was just saying this yesterday. This is just a wing of the GOP throwing a tantrum, and nowadays, all the media we have encourages tantrum throwers.

Tea Party supporters are wealthier and more well-educated than the general public, and are no more or less afraid of falling into a lower socioeconomic class, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.
Video Why I Joined the Tea Party
.Related
How the Poll Was Conducted (April 15, 2010)
The 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.

They hold more conservative views on a range of issues than Republicans generally. They are also more likely to describe themselves as “very conservative” and President Obama as “very liberal.”

And while most Republicans say they are “dissatisfied” with Washington, Tea Party supporters are more likely to classify themselves as “angry.”

Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated - NYTimes.com

From your article:

But in follow-up interviews, Tea Party supporters said they did not want to cut Medicare or Social Security — the biggest domestic programs, suggesting instead a focus on “waste.”

Some defended being on Social Security while fighting big government by saying that since they had paid into the system, they deserved the benefits.

Others could not explain the contradiction.

“That’s a conundrum, isn’t it?” asked Jodine White, 62, of Rocklin, Calif. “I don’t know what to say. Maybe I don’t want smaller government. I guess I want smaller government and my Social Security.” She added, “I didn’t look at it from the perspective of losing things I need. I think I’ve changed my mind.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTHNBKjMBU]YouTube - Merrie Melodies & Looney Tunes - Opening themes.[/ame]

Tea Party supporters are wealthier and more well-educated than the general public, and are no more or less afraid of falling into a lower socioeconomic class, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.
.Related
The 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.

They hold more conservative views on a range of issues than Republicans generally. They are also more likely to describe themselves as “very conservative” and President Obama as “very liberal.”

And while most Republicans say they are “dissatisfied” with Washington, Tea Party supporters are more likely to classify themselves as “angry.”

Teabags.jpg

teabaggers.png

tl_headlines_tea_party.jpg

Oh yeah. Good point. Best thread ever!

take your little photoshopped signs and place them where your proctologists goes.

The funny part is, you really believe those shots are photo shopped. You really dont believe those tea baggers exist.

Here is a hint, I have been to a rally, THEY DO EXIST.

.Related

From your article:

But in follow-up interviews, Tea Party supporters said they did not want to cut Medicare or Social Security — the biggest domestic programs, suggesting instead a focus on “waste.”

Some defended being on Social Security while fighting big government by saying that since they had paid into the system, they deserved the benefits.

“That’s a conundrum, isn’t it?” asked Jodine White, 62, of Rocklin, Calif. “I don’t know what to say. Maybe I don’t want smaller government. I guess I want smaller government and my Social Security.” She added, “I didn’t look at it from the perspective of losing things I need. I think I’ve changed my mind.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTHNBKjMBU]YouTube - Merrie Melodies & Looney Tunes - Opening themes.[/ame]

keep-your-government-hands-off-my-medicare-700x437.jpg

See willow, Diamond Dave understands that the poll is not exactly complimentary to right wingers.
Perhaps posting it was not such a good idea, your fellow ex bushies are trying to decide what to post on it right now, but having trouble figuring out how to support you.

hey,, obie wan ass kisser, I don't just post stuff favorable to Republicans,, the story interested me so I posted it.. don't like it? tough shit.

I see the loons have roosted. Here's the thing. Social Security and Medicare are basically mandated insurance programs. As such there are several problems with how liberals are looking at it:

1. You should be able to choose your insurance source.
2. No one finds being denied your benefits exceptable. If you paid for life insurance on time and in full payment all your life and upon death the company didn't pay, how fair is that?

Aren't you the same bunch of folks who have been painting Tea Party members as hillbillies, uneducated and obese? So you admit your portrayal was wrong? I guess You'll have to use the fall back position that they are racist. But wait, we find that there is an actual effort by your side to get into the Tea Party rallies and yell racial slurs and/or carry offensive signs. Hating a group is racist liberals. You are doing the hating.

Hey stupid, it says that 18 percent of the Tea Partiers identify themselves as Republicans. That would mean the rest of them are either Democrats or Independents.

Umm you do have a reading comprehensioin problem.
From the article:
"

They do not want a third party and say they usually or almost always vote Republican. The percentage holding a favorable opinion of former President George W. Bush, at 57 percent, almost exactly matches the percentage in the general public that holds an unfavorable view of him.

"

You read that wrong, pardner (so did I the first time). Read it again, carefully, and then you can take this opportunity to show some class and apologize to citizen.

hey,, obie wan ass kisser, I don't just post stuff favorable to Republicans,, the story interested me so I posted it.. don't like it? tough shit.

Ohh I like it, and a good face save attempt on your part.
Thanks for the thread.

Ohh I like it, and a good face save attempt on your part.
Thanks for the thread.

yeah obie wan ass kisser,, we all know articles from the NYT show Republicans in a favorable light,, just as they do the Tea Party.. I posted one earlier that wasn't kind to Israel either.. so go figure.. I adore the NYT and it Unfuckingbiased reporting.. nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooot!

You obamabots are in the minority.. even the moderates (the ones that actually put that idiot in power) are backing away from Obama now that they see he wants to turn America into a cradle-to-grave (Greece) state.

Thanks for playin along... we'll see what movement YOU come up with in November when Obama's nuetered. It oughtta be funny...

Last edited:
Perhaps libs need to start the "Tax you into oblivion and spend your great-great-great grandchildren's money" party!

Oh, wait, that would be the Democrat party.

From the article:
"

They do not want a third party and say they usually or almost always vote Republican. The percentage holding a favorable opinion of former President George W. Bush, at 57 percent, almost exactly matches the percentage in the general public that holds an unfavorable view of him.

"

I should have included the rest of the quote " 18 percent of the Tea Partiers who identify themselves as Republicans are white males over 45." Which would make the rest of the white males over 45 democrats or independents.

No kidding. I was just saying this yesterday. This is just a wing of the GOP throwing a tantrum, and nowadays, all the media we have encourages tantrum throwers.

Boy, remember how you guys acted when Bush was president? That was a hoot to watch. :lol:

Things are so much different now with the opposing party, huh? :lol:

Last edited:

:lol:

From the article:
"

"

I should have included the rest of the quote " 18 percent of the Tea Partiers who identify themselves as Republicans are white males over 45." Which would make the rest of the white males over 45 democrats or independents.

Your defective assumption assumes that no non whites are Republicans? Or some republicans are under 45?

You could never write code.

Is it time for you to call me a libtard now?

Last edited:

:lol:

This kind of comparison keeps popping up. I don't think that Tea partiers, nor republicans have an issue with the socialized policies we have in place. I think everyone realizes that we do need safety nets in place for the needy. But to expand on on socialized programs and the cost, and increase in debt is the issue.
I know that the left wants to use what's in place and belittle conservatives over the policies, but it just goes to show how the left really doesn't understand the conservatives. Or, they just want to try to use a "gotchya" moment.

Forum List

Back