Poll** Do you like the Bee Gees **

Do you like the Bee Gees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Their old stuff was pretty damned good. They started Disco but then it went somewhere else into the Great Maw of Capitalism in the Entertainment Industry.

Barry wrote good songs and Robyn had the full voice, and it was a good voice. Maurice's harmonies and production of the harmonies was smooth and mellow. He created most of the bridge transitions in the melodies as well and was a serious co-writer who always liked to stay in the background.

Bee Gees - I Started A Joke and First Of May

Yep, I listened to their old stuff a lot and I still do because now I can see a lot of what I once had only heard. I love harmony and melody. My family all played instruments.

My family is musical also. I play the guitar (acoustic) and keyboard. Don't play the keyboard as well as my guitar, which is my baby.. My cousins and I all jam together every family reunion out on the beach, Myrtle Beach.. It's a blast..

Their old stuff was pretty damned good. They started Disco but then it went somewhere else into the Great Maw of Capitalism in the Entertainment Industry.

Barry wrote good songs and Robyn had the full voice, and it was a good voice. Maurice's harmonies and production of the harmonies was smooth and mellow. He created most of the bridge transitions in the melodies as well and was a serious co-writer who always liked to stay in the background.

Yep, I listened to their old stuff a lot and I still do because now I can see a lot of what I once had only heard. I love harmony and melody. My family all played instruments.

My family is musical also. I play the guitar (acoustic) and keyboard. Don't play the keyboard as well as my guitar, which is my baby.. My cousins and I all jam together every family reunion out on the beach, Myrtle Beach.. It's a blast..

Sweet!

My brother and I are the only ones left and we play around now and then. He's the coronet and fiddle/violin/bass while I favor the piano and guitar.

But I do have friends that I jam with now and then. More then than now though.

Sweet!

My brother and I are the only ones left and we play around now and then. He's the coronet and fiddle/violin/bass while I favor the piano and guitar.

But I do have friends that I jam with now and then. More then than now though.

Wow...that's pretty cool Ropey.. something we have in common "-)

[ame=http://youtu.be/-ihs-vT9T3Q]Bee Gees - Night Fever (1977) - YouTube[/ame]

Their Disco lost the harmonies sadly and turned Barry's falsetto into the theme of the (now dancing) band.

It was catchy stuff and great to dance to as well. But I wouldn't pick their disco up and listen to it much, if at all.

Last edited:
The love songs produced by the Bee Gee's are truly beautiful.

Too Much Heaven..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! They make me feel like DANCIN'.

My current favorite radio station plays old school R&B/Soul, disco, and 80s music. It's a bizzarro combination that suits moi perfectly

Yeah , I do like the BGs, actually there was a long period of time where I could have cared less but over time I started to appreciate some things about their vocals for one thing ... they are not an easy band to cover vocaly and from what I understand they were one of the few bands who sang in perfect pitch in their live performances. I used to be a little more into heavier rock music but when you actually listen to their vocal quality in range and control
they are pretty awesome or were until most of them died off

Forum List

Back