Politicians as news casters?

Great segment. I hope you all saw it.
It was a great segment. They could have spent three hours providing examples.

They'd get more mileage out of an introspective approach, I believe.
I am sure they would not and they know it as well.

They are not getting billions of dollars because they don't know what sells. They do. A more introspective approach might have been of better quality but people don't really want that quality anymore - they want affirmation.

They are not getting billions of dollars because they don't know what sells. They do. A more introspective approach might have been of better quality but people don't really want that quality anymore - they want affirmation.

Yeah, Fox isn't going to go broke telling people who were wrong that they are right. Fox has the most loyal viewers which is why they consistently get the highest ratings. The same people are staying in the bubble while the rest of us cast a wider net.

Is he on there as an anchor/interviewer or a "pundit"?

Because, goodness knows, we need more "pundits".

So far all I have seen him do is actual news. Granted I haven't paid a lot of attention but still.

And he's terrible at it
He is not on as a newscaster. He is a guest host on Fox and Friends. They do not report the news. They discuss the news and offer their opinions on it. At the beginning of every half hour on Fox and Friends, a news caster gives a recap of the overnight breaking news without offering an opinion....and then the morning show hosts discuss the news....
Sort of way ALL morning shows are.

Okay, in other words he is trying out for a new job.

Get some damn journalists for Christ's sake.
. Why are you so angry? He lost his job. Do you want him on welfare?
I'm confident he's doing quite well.
He is not a journalist. I would like to see some journalists practicing journalism....
Hew is not acting as a journalist. He is an opinionist; a morning show host. He does not investigate news reports and offer his findings. He is simply a host on a morning show.
Is Imus a journalist in your eyes? Stern? Is Rachel Maddow? Sean Hannity?
You should know the difference. There is one. A BIG one.

Yeah, Fox isn't going to go broke telling people who were wrong that they are right. Fox has the most loyal viewers which is why they consistently get the highest ratings. The same people are staying in the bubble while the rest of us cast a wider net.
lol.

Sure.

Forum List

Back