Political news is NOT the news....

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
I watched 30 min. of FOX news on Saturday and 30 min. of MSNBC on Sunday. What a difference!

FOX News reported:

* How the Liberals "rigged" the 2020 midterms to deny republicans a clear victory
*. Crime in big city blue cities
* How wholesome and perfect it was to spend time with their families at Thanksgiving
* Joe Biden is letting hordes of immigrants walk across our southern border and commit crimes.
* Liberals never work - they lay around of sofas all day collecting "free stuff"

MSNBC Reported:

* Donald Trump hosting white supremist friends at Mara Lago.
* Kevin McCarthy's inability to secure enough votes to become speaker
* Conservatives refusal to ban assault weapons
* Republicans backing rampant oil drilling despite dwindling domestic demand.
* Trump's demands that Kari Lake be named the winner despite losing the vote count.

Neither side gave ideas on how they plan to solve the problems America faces. Neither side would admit
to any faults of their own. Neither side suggested working with the other side to solve anything. Neither side
could make a case as to why anyone should vote for them. But...each side knew how to sling mud at the other.

Now I can see why I rarely tune in anymore. They both suck! :banghead:

You have a point....I posted of a small airplane that hit a power line tower in MD that put 85K residents in the dark.....I'm talking a complicated vertical rescue, the whole ten yards....You know, real news, and I bet it did not get a good half page of posts.

That said I'm just as guilty as the rest here for keying on stuff that really does not matter.

FOX News reported:
* How the Liberals "rigged" the 2020 midterms to deny republicans a clear victory
* How wholesome and perfect it was to spend time with their families at Thanksgiving
* Joe Biden is letting hordes of immigrants walk across our southern border and commit crimes.
* Liberals never work - they lay around of sofas all day collecting "free stuff"
Pretty much all true, factual, and documented.

MSNBC Reported:
Let's hope so.

What doofus believes there is a dwindling demand for oil when it supplies 81% of our energy needs?

* Trump's demands that Kari Lake be named the winner despite losing the vote count.
She has? I thought that was all being reviewed due to the enormously suspicious circumstances of that "election."

Neither side gave ideas on how they plan to solve the problems America faces.
They are just a news outlet, not a policy thinktank, dummy.

Neither side suggested working with the other side
You can't be serious. The Left doesn't work with anyone. You capitulate to THEM or nothing.

I think everyone should just commit to vote on the conservative side for the next 4 cycles .. problems solved.. :eusa_dance:

I watched 30 min. of FOX news on Saturday and 30 min. of MSNBC on Sunday. What a difference!

FOX News reported:

MSNBC Reported:

Neither side gave ideas on how they plan to solve the problems America faces. Neither side would admit
to any faults of their own. Neither side suggested working with the other side to solve anything. Neither side
could make a case as to why anyone should vote for them. But...each side knew how to sling mud at the other.

I love polarization and division!!!

True story.

You have a point....I posted of a small airplane that hit a power line tower in MD that put 85K residents in the dark.....I'm talking a complicated vertical rescue, the whole ten yards....You know, real news, and I bet it did not get a good half page of posts.

That said I'm just as guilty as the rest here for keying on stuff that really does not matter.
I'm sure there weren't more than a handful of that 85k that were actually effected by the crash on this board. Conversely, everyone here is effected by national politics. You don't think that explains the difference of concern?

I'm sure there weren't more than a handful of that 85k that were actually effected by the crash on this board. Conversely, everyone here is effected by national politics. You don't think that explains the difference of concern?
Well Portland, OR may as well be on the dark side of the moon for all I really about it but there's been two well attended threads (at least) about some store owner leaving due to the crime there.

Now you tell me, is that really news?

FOX News reported:

MSNBC Reported:

Without Proportional Representation,the two party system will just get petrified within the US more and more. A lot of people think that what happens in the US is all there is, they don't understand that it doesn't need to be like this.

With more parties, sensible issues are what people end up voting for. Not this nonsense of negative voting.

Both parties telling people how bad the other party is, not running on their own sensible policies.

FOX News reported:

MSNBC Reported:

Yep in a lot of ways the two sides are talking past each other, but you may have noticed that only one side is peddling outright fantasies.

Well Portland, OR may as well be on the dark side of the moon for all I really about it but there's been two well attended threads (at least) about some store owner leaving due to the crime there.

Now you tell me, is that really news?
Discussion in those threads you mentioned quickly degenerated into which national party was responsible for rioting. At that point, it's not about a store owner anymore. It's back to national politics.

FOX News reported:

MSNBC Reported:

For the most part, FOX responds to what the Progs do. Progs rule much of America. And the media, entertainment, education, corporate advertising, corporate agendas, rich people, and others control a huge percentage of the propaganda narrative. Much of this needs to become benign. Force news again over news commentary.

For the most part, FOX responds to what the Progs do. Progs rule much of America. And the media, entertainment, education, corporate advertising, corporate agendas, rich people, and others control a huge percentage of the propaganda narrative. Much of this needs to become benign. Force news again over news commentary.
Have fun storming the castle given the 24/7 "cable news" cycle, not to mention it's social media driving half of "cable news".....Every other two-toother with a smart phone is making "content" for one of them now.

No, it will take some sort of a national/world cataclysm to stop it now and get back to the news people really need. ;)

FOX News reported:

MSNBC Reported:

And do not click on a link on Fox's website. If you do you will get inundated with calls (how they got my number I don't know) and you will get virus' on your computer.

Here's a novel idea.
Our Union is too corrupted to be redeemed by either party.
Not corrupted, as much as divided by the liberal/conservative philosophy of "values".

1. Liberal/woke philosophy of gays, trannys, drugs, racism, abortion, crime and lawlessness on the streets, cancel culture, the liberal world order, indoctrination in lieu of education.

2. Conservative/populist philosophy of a good education, going to church, traditional values, a color-blind society of equals, patriotism, respect for the laws and police, respect for all life.

Forum List

Back