Political Correctness Gone Amok!

If a team name is demeaning to a group of people, it's unacceptable.

In Illinois, the town of Pekin Illinois had a team name of the "Chinks". Because they thought this was perfectly acceptable. (They called their town "Pekin" because they thought it was on the opposite side of the world from Beijing, commonly called Peking at the time. They didn't change the name until 1981

Um, yes, team names demeaning a people who have been subjected to centuries of genocide is unacceptable.

Teaching kids not to be transphobic bigots is just fine. No one is going to be gay because they saw a drag queen once.
Who determines if it is demeaning? Some silly examples (although I'm sure this level of stupidity exists):
  • What if one is very tall and doesn't like the New York Giants?
  • What if one had an unfavorable military career and does not like the Washington Commanders?
  • How about a reformed Black Panther not liking the Carolina Panthers?
  • What if one were a habitual thief and doesn't like the Pittsburg Steelers because it sound like the crime?

So tell me .. who determines if something is demeaning as I've demonstrated with these examples? You? Does America need to respond because individuals get butt hurt or "offended?"

So you don't think adult men dressing as female caricatures is offensive and demeaning to women? Or do you think the oppression women have faced is justified?

If someone is dressing up like a woman for comedic effect, then that would be wrong.

1670073921177.png

Long before he was Trump's Bitch, Rudy was Trump's bitch.

Also what does drag have to do with trans? Drag queens are men who dress up as women, not transgenders. Drag Queens becoming the mascots for trans is why they're all called groomers.

Well, that's what you call them, because you are intellectually limited. And you believe whatever you hear on Fox News and Hate Radio.

Who determines if it is demeaning? Some silly examples (although I'm sure this level of stupidity exists):
  • What if one is very tall and doesn't like the New York Giants?
  • What if one had an unfavorable military career and does not like the Washington Commanders?
  • How about a reformed Black Panther not liking the Carolina Panthers?
  • What if one were a habitual thief and doesn't like the Pittsburg Steelers because it sound like the crime?

On that last one, you'd be Stupid, because "Steelers" is a reference to the Steel industry, not "Stealing".

The other three are just silly.

So tell me .. who determines if something is demeaning as I've demonstrated with these examples? You? Does America need to respond because individuals get butt hurt or "offended?"

Or you can just review them on a case by case basis. If you come up to me and say, "I'm a reformed criminal and am upset by "Steelers"", I'd probably laugh at you. Hey, maybe gays are upset by the Green Bay Packers.

If someone is dressing up like a woman for comedic effect, then that would be wrong.

View attachment 734038
Long before he was Trump's Bitch, Rudy was Trump's bitch.

Well, that's what you call them, because you are intellectually limited. And you believe whatever you hear on Fox News and Hate Radio.
Who determines it is wrong? You? If a man dresses like a woman, and has story book hour with elementary school kids ... is that wrong? How about if a male dresses like a woman and changes in your daughter's school locker room?

On that last one, you'd be Stupid, because "Steelers" is a reference to the Steel industry, not "Stealing".

The other three are just silly.

Or you can just review them on a case by case basis. If you come up to me and say, "I'm a reformed criminal and am upset by "Steelers"", I'd probably laugh at you. Hey, maybe gays are upset by the Green Bay Packers.

You're justifying it based on your perception on what is offensive or not. Silly examples .. yes .. and that's the point. You feel they are silly, and other may not because of the plethora of reasons to get offended. Many find team / mascot names such as Kansas City Chiefs, the Cleveland Indians and other references to be silly. What's the difference?

Wow, because something unacceptable has been done for decades, that makes it okay, then?

These sport team names were NEVER acceptable.

Never acceptable to white leftist vermin.

That's like the blue of the sky never being acceptable to the fish at the bottom of the ocean.

Who determines it is wrong? You? If a man dresses like a woman, and has story book hour with elementary school kids ... is that wrong? How about if a male dresses like a woman and changes in your daughter's school locker room?

It's be worried about ANY adult who didn't belong in a girl's locker room changing clothes in there.

Let’s not forget Mrs. Doubtfire, Too Wong Foo, Tootsie, and The Wild Wild West.
And maybe we need to reconsider those movies the way we've reconsidered all those Bugs Bunny Cartoons that were a little racist.

1670079870278.png

This is from a cartoon entitled "All That and Rabbit Stew", a Bugs Bunny short from 1941. Essentially, it includes all the kinds of Gags Bush would normally play on Elmer Fudd. Except it was an unnamed black hunter who was all manner of bad stereotypes. It was added to the list of the Censored 11 as being too racist to show.

You're justifying it based on your perception on what is offensive or not. Silly examples .. yes .. and that's the point. You feel they are silly, and other may not because of the plethora of reasons to get offended. Many find team / mascot names such as Kansas City Chiefs, the Cleveland Indians and other references to be silly. What's the difference?

Those are specifically offensive to Native Americans. Which is why the Redskins and the Indians changed their names to the Commanders and the Guardians.

Forum List

Back