Political Compass Test - TAKE IT!!!

I wonder how they came up with those scores :doubt:

My guess would be that Obama would be slightly right, and slightly above the authoritarian line, and that Romney would be significantly right and somewhat authoritarian (and this last, on mostly different issues than Obama)

And holy crap, Hitler was a lot more right-wing (o_0)

then again, after scoring a couple of our Founders according to the bodies of their writings, I'm inclined to believe that the test is a bit skewed:

madison.png

jefferson.png

Indeed.

Whose charts did you do there? On the whole, I would expect the Founders to be in that general area...

my bad, I thought it was on there. Madison, top. Jefferson, bottom.

I guess they're a bit closer to the center than we should expect. They should prolly land more to the southwest, you think? More west, or more south?

Well, I am a "moderate" (1.75) "libertarian" (-3.42) according to this test.
Note that there are no "middle" answers and the questions are asked in such a way that you may disagree with the premise proposed yet might agree with a way to handle the unrealistic proposal.

All multinational corps...... ????? That is much too general a statement for me to even hazzard a response to.

I noticed several 'qualifiers' I didn't like
Words like 'always', 'never', 'all', etc....

Odd that the only ones plotted in the purple quadrant are posters of this board and one guy(?) I never heard of.....
No political leaders associated with that area?

Odd that the only ones plotted in the purple quadrant are posters of this board and one guy(?) I never heard of.....

That's Milton Friedman, the economist.
I'd guess political leaders tend to end up in the north quadrant, whether left or right, because that's where the power is. The south end is where the antipower is.

Well, I am a "moderate" (1.75) "libertarian" (-3.42) according to this test.
Note that there are no "middle" answers and the questions are asked in such a way that you may disagree with the premise proposed yet might agree with a way to handle the unrealistic proposal.

All multinational corps...... ????? That is much too general a statement for me to even hazzard a response to.

I noticed several 'qualifiers' I didn't like
Words like 'always', 'never', 'all', etc....

I noticed that too -- it seemed to either be using vague terms that could mean different things to different people, or else be looking for polarized answers. I wondered if it was really measuring how black and white (rather than nuanced) the subject sees his world.

Because the scale for the most part goes on a diagonal with the more left leaning you are, is usually more libertarian, where the more right you are, the more authoritative.

It's very uncommon to see someone who is far right, but also values freedom.

I've been giving, and taking, versions of that test for decades now, and I have to say the questions on this one were some of the worst.

I've been giving, and taking, versions of that test for decades now, and I have to say the questions on this one were some of the worst.

I thought the test was rather accurate. Some questions you may not like because it forces your Desires and Conscious to conflict.

For instance:

"You cannot be morally virtuous if you are not religious." Although I DESIRED to say Strongly Agree, when I took time and reflected on it, I had to put STRONG DISAGREE. A true Libertarian chooses against even his own desires.

I thought the test was rather accurate. Some questions you may not like because it forces your Desires and Conscious to conflict.

For instance:

"You cannot be morally virtuous if you are not religious." Although I DESIRED to say Strongly Agree, when I took time and reflected on it, I had to put STRONG DISAGREE. A true Libertarian chooses against even his own desires.

What a weird way to take a test.

The idea is not to second-guess the answer you want to give just to make it come out where you want it to. That's test abuse. I think you're a little obsessed with this new word you've discovered (I notice you can't stop capitalizing it). It's just possible you're not a libertarian after all. Maybe you're a ... dare I say it.... a liberal.

You're supposed to just give your gut answer and let the test do the analysis.

To me the problem with that particular question is that it fails to define what it means by "religious".

For instance:

The idea is not to second-guess the answer you want to give just to make it come out where you want it to. That's test abuse. I think you're a little obsessed with this new word you've discovered (I notice you can't stop capitalizing it). It's just possible you're not a libertarian after all. Maybe you're a ... dare I say it.... a liberal.

To me the problem with that particular question is that it fails to define what it means by "religious".

My gut belief is in the First Amendment, separation of Church and State. When in doubt, consult the Constitution. A truly religious Christian learns to consult the Bible when being tempted. By answering "Strongly Disagree" I didn't give into temptation, and in doing so I remained morally virtuous, and passed the test of Libertarianism.

Libertarianism recognizes that all men can be corrupted and make evil decisions that harm others, including Libertarians themselves.

The very question itself was a test of moral virtue. Answering anything other than Strongly Disagree is being a hypocrite. There's a reason I cited this particular question. My entire virtue depended on it.

Last edited:

For instance:

My gut belief is in the First Amendment, separation of Church and State. When in doubt, consult the Constitution. A truly religious Christian learns to consult the Bible when being tempted. By answering "Strongly Disagree" I didn't give into temptation, and in doing so I remained morally virtuous, and passed the test of Libertarianism.

Libertarianism recognizes that all men can be corrupted and make evil decisions that harm others, including Libertarians themselves.

The very question itself was a test of moral virtue. Answering anything other than Strongly Disagree is being a hypocrite. There's a reason I cited this particular question. My entire virtue depended on it.

That may be the most bizarre line of reasoning I've ever read on this board outside of Special Ed.

Kid, you're obsessed with this new word of yours. Get over it already. It's like watching somebody return from a revival. Or a crack pipe.

i thought the test was rather accurate. Some questions you may not like because it forces your desires and conscious to conflict.

For instance:

"you cannot be morally virtuous if you are not religious." although i desired to say strongly agree, when i took time and reflected on it, i had to put strong disagree. A true libertarian chooses against even his own desires.

what a weird way to take a test.

The idea is not to second-guess the answer you want to give just to make it come out where you want it to. That's test abuse. I think you're a little obsessed with this new word you've discovered (i notice you can't stop capitalizing it). It's just possible you're not a libertarian after all. Maybe you're a ... Dare i say it.... A liberal.

my gut belief is in the first amendment, separation of church and state. When in doubt, consult the constitution. A truly religious christian learns to consult the bible when being tempted. By answering "strongly disagree" i didn't give into temptation, and in doing so i remained morally virtuous, and passed the test of libertarianism.

Libertarianism recognizes that all men can be corrupted and make evil decisions that harm others, including libertarians themselves.

The very question itself was a test of moral virtue. Answering anything other than strongly disagree is being a hypocrite. There's a reason i cited this particular question. My entire virtue depended on it.

wtf??

what a weird way to take a test.

The idea is not to second-guess the answer you want to give just to make it come out where you want it to. That's test abuse. I think you're a little obsessed with this new word you've discovered (i notice you can't stop capitalizing it). It's just possible you're not a libertarian after all. Maybe you're a ... Dare i say it.... A liberal.

my gut belief is in the first amendment, separation of church and state. When in doubt, consult the constitution. A truly religious christian learns to consult the bible when being tempted. By answering "strongly disagree" i didn't give into temptation, and in doing so i remained morally virtuous, and passed the test of libertarianism.

Libertarianism recognizes that all men can be corrupted and make evil decisions that harm others, including libertarians themselves.

The very question itself was a test of moral virtue. Answering anything other than strongly disagree is being a hypocrite. There's a reason i cited this particular question. My entire virtue depended on it.

wtf??

I know, right? :dunno: -- as I said, bizarre.

I think 2A has discovered this new word "libertarian" and now he's obsessed, declaring everything he touches to be turned to libertarian gold and everyone who's not himself an "authoritarian" --- even when the test here clearly shows a result well south of center. It's a kind of manic blindness swimming in the river of deNial.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of a test like this... hell his own score put the lie to the fantasy, so he's denying that too, and still he goes on.

Hard to watch.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back