police union defends cop in lyoya killing

It can't explain anything since there's no reason to believe he was even aware of the warrant issued just 3 days prior.

None of this is relevant to whether or not the shooting was justified. We know the guy fought the cop, that's established by the video evidence.
it was justified because the3 black man was trying to grab his tazer. the cop isnt not going to let that hood do that and incompasitate him.cop was fighinting for his life,

Unless you could show the officer was aware of his prior history it would not be relevant to the shooting.

So far there's not even any evidence to suggest either of them was aware of a warrant being issued for his arrest so again irrelevant as to whether or not the shooting is justified.

That really doesnt matter.
The officer acted appropriately regardless Lyoya's past history.
Lyoya's reaction to being stopped is just clearer now that we know his past.

Are you really this stupid?

Who wrote the above?

Are you saying the cop wasnt fighting for his life?
If Lyoya had gotten control of the taser the officer would be helpless to stop him from taking his handgun.
Would Lyoya have shot him if given the chance? We obviously dont know but I sure as hell wouldnt want to find out the hard way.

Are you saying the cop wasnt fighting for his life?
If Lyoya had gotten control of the taser the officer would be helpless to stop him from taking his handgun.
Would Lyoya have shot him if given the chance? We obviously dont know but I sure as hell wouldnt want to find out the hard way.
You should really learn to read what's already been written.

Looking at the known facts and video however this looks like a justifiable homicide.

Who wrote that and where?

I asked you a question.
A simple yes or no would be sufficient.
As yet we have no basis for conversation so again, who wrote this and where?

Looking at the known facts and video however this looks like a justifiable homicide.

You're the kid who shows up for the first day of Algebra no knowing how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.

This needs heavy investigation. I'm not sold either wa
It's been investigated at the local and state levels already, who else should be involved?

It's not like there's any indications of a violation of federal law that would justify bringing in the Fed's.

All I'm saying is ensuring all the facts are included and studied. I find it hypicritic that anyone here on this forum backs a union. Most here abhorr unions. They are of course against American public service workers having a decent standard of living. And I worked private sector my whole life. I have zero issues with unions.

All I'm saying is ensuring all the facts are included and studied. I find it hypicritic that anyone here on this forum backs a union. Most here abhorr unions. They are of course against American public service workers having a decent standard of living. And I worked private sector my whole life. I have zero issues with unions.
You failed to answer, it's been investigated at both the state and local levels so who else should jump in?

As yet we have no basis for conversation so again, who wrote this and where?

You're the kid who shows up for the first day of Algebra no knowing how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.

LOL...I'm pretty good with math.
I helped build the first prototype F-22 Raptor.
I also made flight hardware for the NASA Shuttle program.
Trust me,you are most certainly not smarter than me.

LOL...I'm pretty good with math.
I helped build the first prototype F-22 Raptor.
I also made flight hardware for the NASA Shuttle program.
Trust me,you are most certainly not smarter than me.
So far the indications are that I am.

From the OP's link:

"Earlier Tuesday, Winstrom told a community forum that he wants to put more emphasis on officers knowing how to turn down the heat during tense situations. Some experts believe Schurr should have stopped trying to subdue Lyoya when he resisted.
“I guarantee that we can do more,” said Winstrom, who has been chief for less than two months. “Actually, that’s one of the things I’ve already reached out to my colleagues to say, ‘Hey, I need some curriculum, because we are going to beef it up.’"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As has been mentioned previously, there likely is NOT an American police protocol, curriculum, training, demonstration, or instructional video that advises American police officers to shoot a perp in the the back of the head as he was on his belly on the ground.

Betcha.

And without that advisement or training to do exactly that, well, the GR police department, the City of GR, and maybe the officer will be....already are.....on the hook for a shooting that was not prescribed by the extensive training that our police officers are required to undertake given their tremendous responsibilities. Not to mention the trust we offer them in carrying a lethality semi-auto firearm amongst us.

Betcha.

Forum List

Back