Police killed by gunfire up 50% in 2014; And its only September

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Search for a Fallen Officer

What is our nation crumbling into. Senseless killings of our police officers. Just disgusting.

33 have been killed by gunfire.
77 total have been killed on-duty.
And its only September.

Just for context, the total US service members killed in Afghanistant operations at the start of first few years of the war: 2001 (12), 2002 (49), 2003 (48), 2004 (52). Sadly, that soared when the occupation phase began.

God Bless our men and women in uniform, foreign and domestic.

How dare you compare mere police officers to our military.

What an indoctrinated bafoon.

What is our nation crumbling into. Senseless killings of our police officers. Just disgusting.

And its only September.

Just for context, the total US service members killed in Afghanistant operations at the start of first few years of the war: 2001 (12), 2002 (49), 2003 (48), 2004 (52). Sadly, that soared when the occupation phase began.

When I lived in California, several of us tried to drum up support for an initiative for a state ballot called "The Next Safe Exit" initiative. It would have established a law preventing police from making traffic stops on Interstate highways and on state highways as well. That's where most cops die in this country: making stupid, dangerous, unecessary traffic stops on busy highways. The law would have required both parties (the cop and the person seeing blue lights in their rear view mirror) to drive to the next safe exit off the highway. Furthermore, I don't want to search the web for statistics regarding the number of cops who are shot with their own guns, but it's very high. Bottom line, most cop deaths are preventable.

The only ticket I've gotten in my life was on the highway (broken speedometer and was doing 67 with the rest of the traffic in a 55 - the roads actually now 65 lol) Anyway I didn't see the officer until I went to change lanes cause the rearview mirror was missing (was a 78' Chevy step side we were rebuilding and it needed to go to the paint shop) Anyway, the officer said he'd flipped on his lights some four exits back >.< He just mentioned it though, and the missing rearview mirror, and wasn't too upset about how long it took me to pull over. (I should mention that exits in Alaska are not very close together either heh)

So maybe folks should just go to the next exit, and tell the officer that's why they did it. Hell it might even get you off with a warning if you throw out a "Didn't want us to be in danger with all the traffic flying by" and yap about the initiative :p

And its only September.

I am a bit surprised that as little as 33 offiers were killed by gunfire. Thugs and criminals do read the newspapers or listen to the news, just as you do. When they hear that cops are shooting first and asking questions later, the criminal elements aren't cowed by that. NO, they realize that they had better be prepared to shoot first in any confrontation with cops. Can you really blame them?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back