police: i will light you up... Video shows how traffic stop escalated into confrontation

The video I saw the cop wanted her out after she answered his question, what makes cops think they need to dig personal info on a stop like this? Where are you going, not necessary, what's bothering you, not necessary...write the damn ticket and leave people be...

What was she arrested for?

Assault on a police officer.

She didnt assault a police officer from inside her car stupid
Did you see a video from a different vantage point? the one that I saw did make it look as if her arms were flailing around. Could have been assault. I certainly wouldn't put it past her type.

"Her type" huh?

Is that the noun for "uppity"?
No, its a term for rude, belligerent and ignorant.
Uppity would be the word that came to your mind when considering her disposition.
It's ok for your white guilt to slip now and again.
It's called freedom of expression..I guess the oppressive cop didn't like the answer...

Did you see a video from a different vantage point? the one that I saw did make it look as if her arms were flailing around. Could have been assault. I certainly wouldn't put it past her type.

There isnt video from a different vantage point. Now you're reduced to just outright lying
I never said there was, I had to assume you saw something different than the rest of us.
so, since you did not, but insist that she did not assault the officer, I would say that you are the one that is lying.

"Her type" huh?

Is that the noun for "uppity"?
No, its a term for rude, belligerent and ignorant.
Uppity would be the word that came to your mind when considering her disposition.
It's ok for your white guilt to slip now and again.
It's called freedom of expression..I guess the oppressive cop didn't like the answer...
Guess she learned.
At least she won't be around to train a new generation of entitled thugs.

There isnt video from a different vantage point. Now you're reduced to just outright lying
I never said there was, I had to assume you saw something different than the rest of us.
so, since you did not, but insist that she did not assault the officer, I would say that you are the one that is lying.

Well why'd you ask if I saw a video that doesnt exist then?

I don't know about you, but if some aggressive person with a gun threatened to light me up I would presume that it was a death threat.

I think that pig is a psychopath.

.....a psychopath that never killed anybody?

ok
Do you have any proof that he never killed anybody?

other than the fact he's still working and not in prison?

no

geesh what a bunch of idiots on the Left!! lol
Are you so fucking stupid that you think all psychopaths are in prison?

no; you appear to be free; unless you're posting from the prison day room
He is posting from the 'day room'.

Well why'd you ask if I saw a video that doesnt exist then?
Are you really this fucking stupid?
let me try to spell it out for you Corky.
You stated that she DID NOT assault the police officer.
The video does not show clear enough if she did or did not. But you know for a fact she did not.
You are either lying about knowing she did not assault the officer, or you saw something the rest of us did not.
So, are you lying or is there another video.

>> “Get out of the car”
Trooper Encinia asks Ms. Bland to put out a cigarette. When she refuses, he tells her to get out of the car. After Ms. Bland refuses to step out of the car, he threatens to remove her by force, saying, “I’m giving you a lawful order.”

In a traffic stop, is it legal for an officer to order a driver to put out a cigarette and exit the car?
Ms. Bland has a right to smoke in her car, but Trooper Encinia could argue that the cigarette was interfering with legitimate police business. Since he had already processed the papers, however, “I don’t see a good reason,” said Robert Weisberg, a criminal procedure expert and law professor at Stanford University. During a traffic stop, a police officer has the right to ask a driver to get out of the car even for a non-arrestable offense, as a way of securing his own safety. The officer has almost complete discretion and the driver is legally obligated to get out when asked. “He has control over the location of drivers,” Mr. Weisberg said. “It is equal to an officer patting you down to see if you have a gun.” In this case, Mr. Weisberg said, there is no evidence that Trooper Encinia feared for his safety. He would have to argue that Ms. Bland’s refusal to put the cigarette out gave him the impression that she was violent. If Trooper Encinia had feared for his safety, he would not have walked away from the car for five minutes, Mr. Weisberg said.

Escalating Force
Trooper Encinia reaches into the car to remove Ms. Bland. Ms. Bland refuses to cooperate. He repeats “You are under arrest” and requests backup. After a struggle, Trooper Encinia pulls out a taser and yells, “I will light you up.” Ms. Bland exits the car.

Is there a legal basis for arresting Ms. Bland at this point? Is it legal to pull a driver out of the car?
The only possible basis for telling Ms. Bland that she is under arrest is the crime of resisting a lawful order to get out of the car, unless Trooper Encinia had told her that he was arresting her for the traffic violation, Mr. Weisberg said. If there is clearly a lawful order to get the driver out of the car and if the officer has no other choice, he can pull the driver out. But he must have exhausted all of the alternatives first, and Trooper Encinia seems to escalate things very quickly, Mr. Weisberg said. “The motive for yanking her out seems to be her rude behavior,” he said.Steven McCraw, the director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, said at a news conference that Trooper Encinia had not complied with the department’s courtesy policy and procedures, including “letting the individual know what action is going to be taken.” << --- Assessing the Legality of Sandra Bland's Arrest

Clearly, police training in some places, certainly in this case, is a pathetic joke.

I don't think it has anything to do with police training. It's about a textbook psychopath.

The video does not show clear enough if she did or did not. But you know for a fact she did not.

Yeah, my bad I looked at a video and my eyes saw it then my brain made a decision on the evidence that I can see.

My bad, lets consider other stuff like invisible assaults. Maybe she grabbed his nuts through the car door using the Force!

Yeah, my bad I looked at a video and my eyes saw it then my brain made a decision on the evidence that I can see.

My bad, lets consider other stuff like invisible assaults. Maybe she grabbed his nuts through the car door using the Force!
No, your brain made a decision on the evidence that you wished you saw.

Thats not how video works

Then the question is, why would you lie and state that she did not assault the officer when you have no idea, the video does not show that while she is in the car, and there is no video that I am aware of once they moved off to the side.
Where did your information come from. I think thats a reasonable question.

no he threatened to light her up......if she didnt leave her car...then moved her off camera
I don't know about you, but if some aggressive person with a gun threatened to light me up I would presume that it was a death threat.

And this woman already knew what often happens to black women who get out of their cars, which makes them accessible.

Nothin' to see here folks, move along. Or I'll tase you.
again, why do you think that its mostly blacks that are treated this way?
has to be a reason. Needs to be some reason that police, both black and white seem to be on guard when they deal with blacks.
Anyone care to try and explain this?
Mean testosterone levels in blacks were 19% higher than in whites, and free testosterone levels were 21% higher. Both these differences were statistically significant.
Serum testosterone levels in healthy young black and white men. - PubMed - NCBI

no he threatened to light her up......if she didnt leave her car...then moved her off camera

And this woman already knew what often happens to black women who get out of their cars, which makes them accessible.

has to be a reason. Needs to be some reason that police, both black and white seem to be on guard when they deal with blacks.
Mean testosterone levels in blacks were 19% higher than in whites, and free testosterone levels were 21% higher. Both these differences were statistically significant.
That does have a good deal to do with it.

And of course elevated testosterone levels can lead to more violently aggressive behaviors. Ever hear of "roid rage"?

And when you combine that with the fact that most blacks have a very low IQ...

And of course elevated testosterone levels can lead to more violently aggressive behaviors. Ever hear of "roid rage"?

On average Im not sure blacks have that much less of an IQ than any other race, except Asians, those little bastards are smart.

Then the question is, why would you lie and state that she did not assault the officer when you have no idea, the video does not show that while she is in the car, and there is no video that I am aware of once they moved off to the side.

Because if we are all using the powers of our senses then no assault occurred. If we are using the powers of anything else then Sure, she could've been strangling him using the Dark Force and stuff. Except he didnt say anything about assault. Or am I not playing by the rules and using my ears now? He asked if she would put out the cig then said you can step out now.

Where would the assault take place? In the 7th dimension?

On average Im not sure blacks have that much less of an IQ than any other race, except Asians, those little bastards are smart.
To steer the thread back on topic, the propensity for violence and low IQ of blacks still doesn't change my opinion that the arresting officer is a fucking psychopath.

Because if we are all using the powers of our senses then no assault occurred. If we are using the powers of anything else then Sure, she could've been strangling him using the Dark Force and stuff. Except he didnt say anything about assault. Or am I not playing by the rules and using my ears now? He asked if she would put out the cig then said you can step out now.

Recover from the lie any way that makes you feel better about yourself.

Recover from the lie any way that makes you feel better about yourself.

What lie was that?

Forum List

Back