police: i will light you up... Video shows how traffic stop escalated into confrontation

Not only does her family have a case for the bogus arrest with no reason, they will now sue over her death while in the hands of the cops..I see them getting at least 2-5 million...

no he threatened to light her up......if she didnt leave her car...then moved her off camera
I don't know about you, but if some aggressive person with a gun threatened to light me up I would presume that it was a death threat.

I think that pig is a psychopath.

.....a psychopath that never killed anybody?

ok
Do you have any proof that he never killed anybody?

other than the fact he's still working and not in prison?

no

geesh what a bunch of idiots on the Left!! lol
Are you so fucking stupid that you think all psychopaths are in prison?

Every law enforcement agency in this country needs to instruct its officers to stop attempting to manhandle citizens – the incidents in Staten Island, Baltimore, and this occurrence near Houston all involved police attempting to compel detainees to comply through inappropriate, unnecessary physical force; and every incident involved some petty, insignificant infraction where attempting to take the citizen into custody was completely unwarranted.
The reality is simple: even with proper training, given the sheer numbers of interactions between police and citizens there will always be cases like these. Give people authority and there will be those who misuse and abuse that authority. Even machines don't operate perfectly all of the time.
Punish those who cross the line. But you'll never eliminate the problem. It's just the way it is--and always will be.
As far as people not obeying instructions given by an officer, it's probably best to obey at the time and pick up the battle later in court if need be. That's not a guarantee you'll escape abuse though. If the cop is a dick, chances are he'll still be a dick regardless of your behavior (even in the presence of cameras televising live to millions of viewers FBI probing videotaped beating by San Bernardino deputies - LA Times). Still, I'd err on the side of caution. That's just me. What do I know? :dunno:
You know never to fuck around with a cop. Good for you.

no he threatened to light her up......if she didnt leave her car...then moved her off camera
I don't know about you, but if some aggressive person with a gun threatened to light me up I would presume that it was a death threat.

ok

no

You are.
How about that baloney sandwich on your tray today. Something special right?

ok

no

no; you appear to be free; unless you're posting from the prison day room

Hey she hung herself with a black industrial trash bag. You know the type, the kind they have in all the jail cells /sarcasm
That is just it, they don't....
They did have a black trash hag in the cell in question.
Then it was against the protocol of the jails operation...
read again.
No thanks...
Then stay stupid.
Not my problem that you fail to understand what you read.

>> “Get out of the car”
Trooper Encinia asks Ms. Bland to put out a cigarette. When she refuses, he tells her to get out of the car. After Ms. Bland refuses to step out of the car, he threatens to remove her by force, saying, “I’m giving you a lawful order.”

In a traffic stop, is it legal for an officer to order a driver to put out a cigarette and exit the car?
Ms. Bland has a right to smoke in her car, but Trooper Encinia could argue that the cigarette was interfering with legitimate police business. Since he had already processed the papers, however, “I don’t see a good reason,” said Robert Weisberg, a criminal procedure expert and law professor at Stanford University. During a traffic stop, a police officer has the right to ask a driver to get out of the car even for a non-arrestable offense, as a way of securing his own safety. The officer has almost complete discretion and the driver is legally obligated to get out when asked. “He has control over the location of drivers,” Mr. Weisberg said. “It is equal to an officer patting you down to see if you have a gun.” In this case, Mr. Weisberg said, there is no evidence that Trooper Encinia feared for his safety. He would have to argue that Ms. Bland’s refusal to put the cigarette out gave him the impression that she was violent. If Trooper Encinia had feared for his safety, he would not have walked away from the car for five minutes, Mr. Weisberg said.

Escalating Force
Trooper Encinia reaches into the car to remove Ms. Bland. Ms. Bland refuses to cooperate. He repeats “You are under arrest” and requests backup. After a struggle, Trooper Encinia pulls out a taser and yells, “I will light you up.” Ms. Bland exits the car.

Is there a legal basis for arresting Ms. Bland at this point? Is it legal to pull a driver out of the car?
The only possible basis for telling Ms. Bland that she is under arrest is the crime of resisting a lawful order to get out of the car, unless Trooper Encinia had told her that he was arresting her for the traffic violation, Mr. Weisberg said. If there is clearly a lawful order to get the driver out of the car and if the officer has no other choice, he can pull the driver out. But he must have exhausted all of the alternatives first, and Trooper Encinia seems to escalate things very quickly, Mr. Weisberg said. “The motive for yanking her out seems to be her rude behavior,” he said.Steven McCraw, the director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, said at a news conference that Trooper Encinia had not complied with the department’s courtesy policy and procedures, including “letting the individual know what action is going to be taken.” << --- Assessing the Legality of Sandra Bland's Arrest

Clearly, police training in some places, certainly in this case, is a pathetic joke.

What was she arrested for?

Assault on a police officer.

She didnt assault a police officer from inside her car stupid
Did you see a video from a different vantage point? the one that I saw did make it look as if her arms were flailing around. Could have been assault. I certainly wouldn't put it past her type.

"Her type" huh?

Is that the noun for "uppity"?

she switched lanes without a signal...then refused to put her ciggie out...which i dont think you are bound by law to do..then refused to exit her car...which you do not have to do.....it was all really without cause...

You are obligated to follow lawful orders. Asking you to step out of your car is a lawful order.

Damn you people are stupid!

Did you see a video from a different vantage point? the one that I saw did make it look as if her arms were flailing around. Could have been assault. I certainly wouldn't put it past her type.

There isnt video from a different vantage point. Now you're reduced to just outright lying

"Her type" huh?

Is that the noun for "uppity"?
No, its a term for rude, belligerent and ignorant.
Uppity would be the word that came to your mind when considering her disposition.
It's ok for your white guilt to slip now and again.

Forum List

Back