Police Departments need more funding not less.

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
Our media and politicians are idiots. I cannot express this enough.

#1) Navy Seals train nonstop and train for 18 mos. to go on a 6-mos. deployment. They go through multiple scenarios and constantly test their members, especially the newer ones so that reactions become automatic and they don't have be surprised very often.

#2) Our police officers go to an academy for three months, many don't see dangerous situations for years. They need CONSTANT training in terms of how to handle domestic situations, potential violent confrontations, racial encounters, etc.

#3) We need provide more funding for more officers, annual psych screenings, constant training for multiple scenarios as above. More hand to hand combat training and annual physical test requirements. Some officers are fat, out of shape and should no longer be officers.

#4) When deployed many soldiers are fine after 6-mos or a year but several get burnt out after one month. This can happen to police officers too. Hence we need constant screenings and training exercises.

#5) Public needs to be made aware by messages on TV and social media on how to handle police interactions. Don't resist, be polite, move slowly with your hands. If we do this there should be a lot fewer mistakes made.

WE NEED MORE POLICING NOT LESS BUT WE NEED BETTER TRAINED OFFICERS. I imagine the officers in Atlanta never had a situation like that and may have panicked. They should have gone through multiple simulations before that. Two men on one drunk man and the drunk man out wrestles them and takes a stun gun, what if it was a real gun. That is insane. They should have been better trained in H2H combat and stressful situations.

In the Floyd case the other officers should have been trained to see that one was acting irrationally and to step in. IF THERE WAS MORE TRAINING BOTH MEN WOULD STILL BE ALIVE AND WE WOULD NOT HAVE THESE RIOTS.

So please stop listening to the idiotic media and the corrupt politicians and listen to your common sense.

Thank you and I welcome your thoughts.

Last edited:
But if we don't get rid of the police how else are minorities supposed to get ahead?

#1) Navy Seals train nonstop and train for 18 mos. to go on a 6-mos. deployment. They go through multiple scenarios and constantly test their members, especially the newer ones so that reactions become automatic and they don't have be surprised very often.

#2) Our police officers go to an academy for three months, many don't see dangerous situations for years. They need CONSTANT training in terms of how to handle domestic situations, potential violent confrontations, racial encounters, etc.

#3) We need provide more funding for more officers, annual psych screenings, constant training for multiple scenarios as above. More hand to hand combat training and annual physical test requirements. Some officers are fat, out of shape and should no longer be officers.

#4) When deployed many soldiers are fine after 6-mos or a year but several get burnt out after one month. This can happen to police officers too. Hence we need constant screenings and training exercises.

#5) Public needs to be made aware by messages on TV and social media on how to handle police interactions. Don't resist, be polite, move slowly with your hands. If we do this there should be a lot fewer mistakes made.

WE NEED MORE POLICING NOT LESS BUT WE NEED BETTER TRAINED OFFICERS. I imagine the officers in Atlanta never had a situation like that and may have panicked. They should have gone through multiple simulations before that. Two men on one drunk man and the drunk man out wrestles them and takes a stun gun, what if it was a real gun. That is insane. They should have been better trained in H2H combat and stressful situations.

In the Floyd case the other officers should have been trained to see that one was acting irrationally and to step in. IF THERE WAS MORE TRAINING BOTH MEN WOULD STILL BE ALIVE AND WE WOULD NOT HAVE THESE RIOTS.

So please stop listening to the idiotic media and the corrupt politicians and listen to your common sense.

We need to rethink what we want the police to do.

No. They need to keep the peace and protect law abiding persons. Simple. But they need to be trained via multiple simulations on how to handle very difficult situations. And that training needs to continue in perpetuity.

No. They need to keep the peace and protect law abiding persons. Simple. But they need to be trained via multiple simulations on how to handle very difficult situations. And that training needs to continue in perpetuity.

Should they be called if your neighbor has his music playing too loudly? What type of ROI are you getting in that case?

Should they be called if your neighbor has his music playing too loudly? What type of ROI are you getting in that case?
Thats a tough call and a slippery slope. If loud music escalates to disorderly conduct and then to maybe violence?

Say a neighbor is playing music super loud, you have little kids and its 1AM...what would you do?

And of course you’re going to argue that you and your neighbor should work it out trying to sidestep the real world scenario.
In real world, the neighbor was 20 when my kids were little. I asked her and her friends to chill as they were outside and it was midnight and they were loud. Now 10 years later, she has little kids and I keep telling my kids to keep it down. But we are cordial what if I was a dink? She should call the cops on me.

Thats a tough call and a slippery slope. If loud music escalates to disorderly conduct and then to maybe violence?

Say a neighbor is playing music super loud, you have little kids and its 1AM...what would you do?
You call 311 and instead of sending out the Uber trained cops—good idea on the training by the way—you send out someone to mediate the dispute.

Exactly, this whole incident is the result of poor training. To prevent incidents like this one, police officers need to be periodically drilled on how to safely arrest a suspect and clearly, these two police officers hadn't been properly trained. The police had already run his identity, knew he was a violent felon out on probation and a DUI would violate his probation and send him back to prison for several years, yet they seemed surprised when he resisted being cuffed.

The charges to which Brooks pleaded guilty and for which he was still on probation dated back to August 2014 when he was convicted on four counts – False Imprisonment, Simple Battery/Family, Battery Simple and Felony Cruelty/Cruelty to Children.

He was tried in Clayton County and sentenced to seven years on the first count, with one year in prison and six on probation and 12 months for each of the other three counts, sentences to be served concurrently.

His sentence was revised, and he was sent back to prison for 12 months in July 2016 when he violated the terms of his probation.

Even knowing Brooks violent history and knowing this arrest would violate his probation and send him back to prison, it is astonishing to see the officers took no precautions against him resisting arrest. Properly done, the officers should have drawn their guns and ordered him to the ground before trying to cuff him, but apparently in Atlanta cops are trained to foster good relations with criminals rather than how to safely place on of them under arrest. Of course, if the officers had drawn their guns and ordered him to the ground it would have been recorded on dozens of cell phones and the cops would cops would likely have been fired for humiliating a black man. Would the mob who witnessed it have been sufficiently outraged to have burned down Wendy's anyway? Hard to say, but it is certain the mayor and DA would have been sympathetic if they did.

Forum List

Back