Police departments are crashing in cops

Right. They will pick the people who can handle the job.

Fine with me.

So how does one determine who will handle the job?

They pick the best applicants, the most educated in many departments, give priority to ex-military, especially those who served in war, give you a psychological exam, a physical exam, have to pass the written examination, have to pass the police academy, and even interview family members, friends and neighbors.

Cops are leaving and they’re getting little recruits
You think crime is high now ..it’s going to be back to the 70s and 80s numbers soon

Higher. Per the CACA plan

They will be replaced.

If these cops can’t handle what they’re expected of, then they can go to the unemployment line.

Yes they can. But for the most part, police departments pick the best applicants for the job. What we are going to see is less qualified people applying to be a police officer which means slim pickings for those police department meaning they will have to choose from whatever is left.

Now we throw in getting rid of qualified immunity, and nobody in their right mind will want the job. Why would anybody want a job where they can get personally sued if their actions were right or wrong? Who wants to take the chance of working the next five or ten years for free over a successful lawsuit?

Well if nobody in their right mind would accept a job like that, it means the only people that will are those not in their right mind. Good luck with that one.

Are you trying to insinuate that the police did something wrong?

I love cops and firemen and EMTs... Bad cops hurt good cops. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater in a fit of extremism.. Get rid of the bad cops.
Communist democrats don't know what a bad cop is. It's all racial politics now. Only an enemy would say anything different. Derek Chauvin was one of the best.

A bad cop is one that shows up late to relieve the previous shift and leaves his trash in the unit.

No, they will get the dregs, the criminals looking for a badge to protect their criminal behavior, and the incompetent.

We already have plenty of incompetent ones.

If they’re not signing up, it’s probably because they can’t handle it.

For starters, the ones who are interested in signing up.

It’s a difficult job and not everyone is up to the challenge.

Dodge noted. You didn't answer my question. Every applicant for a police officer is interested in signing up. What I'm asking is where do they sell these crystal balls for police departments to buy that will tell them if an applicant is capable of never making a mistake?

No, they will get the dregs, the criminals looking for a badge to protect their criminal behavior, and the incompetent.

We already have plenty of incompetent ones.

If they’re not signing up, it’s probably because they can’t handle it.

Indeed we do. And your solution is to get more of the bad ones.

But then, you're not very smart.

What I'm asking is where do they sell these crystal balls for police departments to buy that will tell them if an applicant is capable of never making a mistake?

Did I say that they would never make a mistake or is that just a strawman?

If they are leaving or not applying then obviously they don’t think they can handle it. Why should I think they can handle the job when they don’t even think they can?

As usual, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Cops are leaving and they’re getting little recruits
You think crime is high now ..it’s going to be back to the 70s and 80s numbers soon
Good, let all the police get defunded in those Dem shit holes. Then crime will rise and blacks killing blacks goes up even more. I guess this is Dems plan at population control.

Did I say that they would never make a mistake or is that just a strawman?

If they are leaving or not applying then obviously they don’t think they can handle it. Why should I think they can handle the job when they don’t even think they can?

As usual, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

That's what we're talking about here. If a police officer makes a mistake, they should never be allowed to have a police officer job again. Furthermore is that they can be sued into debt or paying the lawsuit the rest of their lives.

Did you ever work a job where you can be sued to the point you're working for virtually free for the next ten years or more?

If they are leaving or not applying, it's not indicative they can't handle it, it's because the risk is too great to bother. It's because they are intelligent enough to understand it's simply not worth it. It's only dopes who would take such a risk.

Forum List

Back