Police and firefighters give autistic boy a birthday re-do...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Birthday re-do for autistic boy after no one showed for first

ST. CLOUD, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO) -An autistic boy in Osceola County had an incredible birthday party, thanks to strangers and people who serve and protect. The celebration follows a bitter disappointment, the family says.

Six-year-old Glenn Buratti has a lot to be thankful for. He recently scored a huge birthday surprise from sheriff's deputies and fire fighters at his home in saint cloud. All this comes after his mom planned an earlier birthday party and not one of the 16 children she invited showed up.

"Probably one of the biggest hurts you can have, to see how let down your child is when nobody shows up for them," says Ashlee Buratti, Glenn's mother.

It was a crushing day for little Glenn. Mom vented about it on Facebook, and one week later, Glenn came home from school to see fire trucks, a police motorcycle, and even a helicopter fly over -- all belated birthday wishes.

"His face just lit up," Ashlee said. "His eyes got real big! He smiled the whole time."

These are some of the gifts fire fighters and deputies brought to Glenn.

"They treated us like family," Ashlee explained. "That's all we could have asked for from anybody was just to be there for us."

Neighbors and strangers dropped off birthday gifts and hundreds of people sent greetings on Facebook. Other moms with autistic children sent thank you messages online.

"I'm very surprised," said John Buratti, Glenn's father. "It was one Facebook post, and it took off and people helping us and it was amazing."

Glenn's mom hopes there will never be another child's birthday party where no one shows up, because a child is a little different.

"Treat him like anybody else. Just love them. They've got a heart just like normal kids."

Nobody showed up to his first birthday party, but he came home to police motorcycles, and even a helicopter overhead for his second one. He even received hundreds of birthday wishes on Facebook. I applaud the police and firefighters in that area. They probably made this boy's year. :)

Of course any negative story about the police goes on for 20 pages, but nobody has anything to say about this story. You people suck. :tongue:

Wow. I thought it was a cool story, but apparently nobody else cares. :D

Birthday re-do for autistic boy after no one showed for first

Nobody showed up to his first birthday party, but he came home to police motorcycles, and even a helicopter overhead for his second one. He even received hundreds of birthday wishes on Facebook. I applaud the police and firefighters in that area. They probably made this boy's year. :)
His first birthday? Who can remember that, let alone be "disappointed" no one showed up?
You didn't read the quote, did you? The boy was six years old. The "first" was a party Mom tried to throw, and no one came.

I think the mother ranting about it on Facebook was kind of a douchey move, but I could understand her frustration. And in the end it turned out to be a good thing. :)

Forum List

Back