Police admit they were wrong in delaying engaging shooter in Uvalde School

Would you have waited til a tactical team to arrive to go after the shooter?

• Total voters
You do it............what is your purpose here...........To divert to a DOOR THREAD when the police waited outside for 1 hour and 15 minutes while children were being slaughtered.

Screw your DOOR DID IT BS.........

To be fair your OP states the teacher propped open the door to get her cell phone to report gun shots fired. So I think it's more than fair to address the subject. You have listed several things that could be done for students/teachers to defend off a shooter, so I'm not following why you can't acknowledge propping open doors as 1 thing that shouldn't be done.

The teacher heard shoots and still propped open the door to get her cell phone! While you might not agree that she should face charges, the actions of the teacher should not be ignored.

You do it............what is your purpose here...........To divert to a DOOR THREAD when the police waited outside for 1 hour and 15 minutes while children were being slaughtered.

Screw your DOOR DID IT BS.........

The only thing left to do at this point is who to punish those responsible for fucking-up the response/security and to and take the necessary practical steps going forward to help negate it happening again in a like manner.

Throwing up your hands and failing to hold to account those who fucked-up won't help a thing going forward because they just slip right back into compliancy.

This is not the first time where a combination of cop fuck-ups along with lax school security has cost lives.

What puzzles me why you are so adverse to assigning responsibility? It makes no sense, you are not a dem.

The only thing left to do at this point is who to punish those responsible for fucking-up the response/security and to and take the necessary practical steps going forward to help negate it happening again in a like manner.

Throwing up your hands and failing to hold to account those who fucked-up won't help a thing going forward because they just slip right back into compliancy.

This is not the first time where a combination of cop fuck-ups along with lax school security has cost lives.

What puzzles me why you are so adverse to assigning responsibility? It makes no sense, you are not a dem.
I have put blame where it belongs on the shooter..........and on them not responding...............You went postal on the door.........I refuse to go that far over a teacher who left a door open...........I guarantee you that teacher had no ill intent or thought that day someone would come in and shoot the place up.

I'm for KISS................keep it simple stupid solutions............Simple solutions are usually better and cost less.

iu

You may laugh........I don't care........but that shot in your eyes WILL BLIND YOU..........Hard to shoot when you can't see.........

Would it have worked here......doubtful as the teacher was locking the door when the shooter came in and said GOOD NIGHT and killed her at point blank range.

She walks like a duck and talks like a duck so that pretty much narrows it down. As far as leaving if she does not like/want enhanced security and the responsibilities involved with it then, yeah, bye.

Anyway YOUR logic is severely flawed. Who is to say he would have "shot the lock off" if unable to gain access at that particular door but just moved on to the next one looking for the path of least resistance?

Even if he was OUTSIDE trying to shoot the lock or hinges police units were already responding so any extra time he spent OUTSIDE the building INCREASED the chances of a OUTSIDE engagement. Looking at the reported timeline I really like those odds but no, he just waltzed right in due to negligence.

I don't know, perhaps it was a administrator that told the teacher to prop open the door open for some reason but those facts damn sure need to come out and someone needs to be held responsible for their actions.

These articles all came out in the last THREE DAYS. But sure keep piling on teachers and let's see what we get.

People are sooooo slow.

They weren't "wrong"...they were ordered to FACILITATE

Fools INSIST on ignoring the obvious and the extent tyrants will go to get you under their thumb

People are sooooo slow.

They weren't "wrong"...they were ordered to FACILITATE
What is that supposed to mean? You got a gun..........kids are dying behind that door.........Your a man............MAN THE FUCK UP AND GO.

Cute and fun 'til schools are closed for weeks at a time for staffing shortages
Oh, like the teacher unions do at the beginning of every school year where they are allowed to exist....Those teachers.....Oh yeah, they really care about kids.

Go zoom someone else because you can't zoom me.....There was a reason all my kids went to private school. Teachers are turned-down for jobs there every year because they are paid and treated right.

Odd thing you mentioned earlier about teachers relating their life stories to their students....I pondered on it and I can't ever remember a teacher going on about their personal lives outside of school....It just wasn't done, they had a lesson plan and they stuck to it.

Oh, like the teacher unions do at the beginning of every school year where they are allowed to exist....Those teachers.....Oh yeah, they really care about kids.

Go zoom someone else because you can't zoom me.....There was a reason all my kids went to private school. Teachers are turned-down for jobs there every year because they are paid and treated right.

Odd thing you mentioned earlier about teachers relating their life stories to their students....I pondered on it and I can't ever remember a teacher going on about their personal lives outside of school....It just wasn't done, they had a lesson plan and they stuck to it.

I didn't say life stories--I said MENTIONING their personal life, which is ridiculous. Your demands are ridiculous. You're probably mad because you paid out the wazoo for a private school education and it wasn't that great. Right. Some private schools are great and some really suck. You know why? The pay sucks, that's why.

I didn't say life stories--I said MENTIONING their personal life, which is ridiculous. Your demands are ridiculous. You're probably mad because you paid out the wazoo for a private school education and it wasn't that great. Right. Some private schools are great and some really suck. You know why? The pay sucks, that's why.
When I was a kid I suspect the last thing I would want to hear about was some teacher's personal life. That and when you go there you are in danger of losing your position of authority. Small wonder the kids of today have such little respect for their teachers if that's the way teachers want to put themselves out there.

All my kids are all doing better for themselves than I was at their age so I'm very pleased with my investment but thanks for playing.

When talking teacher pay/benefits there is one constant....They are always asking for more. It never ends. They have to be the whiniest lot I've ever seen. Nothing is ever enough and I'm reminded of that every time I pay my damn property taxes, most of which goes to the schools.

When I was a kid I suspect the last thing I would want to hear about was some teacher's personal life. That and when you go there you are in danger of losing your position of authority. Small wonder the kids of today have such little respect for their teachers if that's the way teachers want to put themselves out there.

All my kids are all doing better for themselves than I was at their age so I'm very pleased with my investment but thanks for playing.

When talking teacher pay/benefits there is one constant....They are always asking for more. It never ends. They have to be the whiniest lot I've ever seen. Nothing is ever enough and I'm reminded of that every time I pay my damn property taxes, most of which goes to the schools.

1. I agree with you on this point. It is a philosophy of "we have to build community and have a solid relationship before kids can learn from us" that, as too many things in education, has been carried too far. Kids only need to know that you are basically a kind, intelligent, and fair person who will treat them respectfully and they are ready to learn. Of course, conservatives--to correct this problem--go way too far on the other extreme: teachers should never say anything about their personal lives at all. That's hogwash too.

2. Well I'm sorry to disappoint you but teacher pay is already going up and will continue to do so. See the articles I posted on teacher shortage. Young people are not going into teaching--they see their teachers put in too many hours for too little pay. And put up with entirely too much grief I might add. This is a free market solution, btw. If you can't get the workers, you must increase the compensation/benefits.

To be fair your OP states the teacher propped open the door to get her cell phone to report gun shots fired. So I think it's more than fair to address the subject. You have listed several things that could be done for students/teachers to defend off a shooter, so I'm not following why you can't acknowledge propping open doors as 1 thing that shouldn't be done.

The teacher heard shoots and still propped open the door to get her cell phone! While you might not agree that she should face charges, the actions of the teacher should not be ignored.
I didnt bring up propped doors. The op was police doing nothing for 1 hour and 15 minutes

11:35 a.m. They trap him in the room.
12:50 they breech the room
1 hour and 15 minutes.
I voted NO.............AND WILL ADD.............YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE UNIFORM YOU WEAR. All of you should RESIGN IN DISGRACE.
Hour and 15 minutes knowing the children are being murdered in there. Sickening to me.

Look, these schools all have security cameras everywhere. The police could assess the threat from the video and know it was just one stupid kid with a rifle. How fycking hard can it be to take out a kid? They have the numbers, they have the surprise element, they have the advanced training and practice shooting, and they have the body armor.

These are a large number of trained, paid, professional police against one shittin' kid. C'mon, give me a break. These police were simply spineless, ballless cowards with an aversion to risk. Go get a job making donuts.

Look, these schools all have security cameras everywhere. The police could assess the threat from the video and know it was just one stupid kid with a rifle. How fycking hard can it be to take out a kid? They have the numbers, they have the surprise element, they have the advanced training and practice shooting, and they have the body armor.

These are a large number of trained, paid, professional police against one shittin' kid. C'mon, give me a break. These police were simply spineless, ballless cowards with an aversion to risk. Go get a job making donuts.
Yup

I read several articles now on the door. I think the teacher was scared and just screwed up. I dont think it was intentional. So I dont see why everyone wants to hang her here.

Forum List

Back