point counterpoint: Iran's Nuclear Program

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
This week will have much news about Iran's nuclear program and the talks to insure Iran does not make a nuclear weapon. Personally I am interested in hearing about what the talks have been talking about for some many years and why they have been talking about it for so many years.

Would be much more comfortable with Iran having nukes than I am DPRK and Pakistan. Despite the religious overtones, Iran's actually a very pro-western nation.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Video C-SPAN.org
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addresses a joint meeting of Congress and is expected to focus much of his remarks on the ongoing nuclear talks with Iran.

Airing LIVE Tuesday, Mar 03 10:45am EST on C-SPAN

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/world/middleeast/white-house-and-netanyahu-aipac-conference.html
The president has scheduled an interview with Reuters for Monday afternoon, the same day that Susan E. Rice, his national security adviser, and Samantha Power, his ambassador to the United Nations, will address the American Israel Public Affairs Committee at its policy conference here.

Mr. Netanyahu also will speak to the Aipac gathering on Monday.
News from The Associated Press
Netanyahu will speak Monday morning at the annual policy conference of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. His address to the pro-Israel lobby will be bracketed by speeches from two senior U.S. officials: U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power and National Security Adviser Susan Rice.
I do not see any information about exactly when the AIPC speeches are or how they can be viewed. Their YouTube channel is AIPAC - YouTube

AIPAC Policy Conference Live (This is truly the 21st century.)
http://www.policyconference.org/

Not sure when U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and National Security Adviser Susan Rice are to speak.

A direct quote from Qassem Sulaimani, head of the elite Quds Force, “We are witnessing the export of the Islamic revolution throughout the region,” Qassem Sulaimani, the increasingly public head of the elite Quds Force, said last month. ... From Bahrain and Iraq to Syria, Yemen and North Africa.”

Iran threat grows as it expands to Yemen GulfNews.com
By: Kambiz Foroohar and Ladane Nasseri. Published: 03:46 March 2, 2015</li>
Now, just months before the July deadline for a comprehensive nuclear deal, the Obama administration is prioritizing the talks over any attempt to address the concerns of its Gulf allies by challenging Iran’s regional role, some analysts say.

“For now, it’s smart for the US to focus on nuclear negotiations without pushing back Iranian influence or cooperating with Iran too explicitly,” said Alireza Nader, senior analyst at Rand Corp.​

Iran is showing itself as a country seeking to expand its influence even through the use of conflict. And maybe they don't what a bomb?

Praise the LORD! That woman has stopped speaking. Does she have that job because she is black? The only qualification she could possibly have is the color of her skin. Rice's speech was painful, embarrassing, and made my skin crawl. "to pharaphase President Regan..." No! No! God NO! I can not begin to go over that speech. If she said what I think she said about Iran's breakout capability that is shorter than I have heard anyone say. I almost regret voting for Obama, I might actually regret voting for Obama. I am going to try not to think about it. I don't want to speak for anyone else but I think that speech did not go over well with others. I think some people learn things about Obama's policies they never knew before. I know I did.

Forum List

Back