Poetic Justice

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
I couldn't help but think amidst the euphoria of my Braves winning the World Series...

On April 6, 2021, in response to Brian Kemp signing a much-needed vote integrity bill into law, MLB President Rob Manfred, chose to move the planned All-Star Game out of Atlanta and into Denver. Not only that, this happened 2 1/2 months after the passing of arguably one of the greatest African-American baseball players in the history of the game, Hank Aaron, who famously broke Babe Ruth's home run record in 1974.

Nearly 7 months later, on November 2, 2021, the Braves responded by issuing what might have been the biggest middle finger to a woke professional sports organization in the history of organized sports-- by winning the World Series, 4-2 against the Houston Astros. It gave a city starved for professional sports titles its first major championship since 1995, and a sweet taste of revenge. A sense of poetic justice. It might sound petty, but this may as well be the sprinkles on the icing on the cake.

I'm not big on revenge, but this had to be embarrassing for Manfred, caving to Stacey Abrams, the race mob, and their rampant lies about the voting law, to move the ASG out of Atlanta only to see them win the World Series later in the year.

Don't get me wrong, this wasn't the first thing I thought about when the last out was made. I watched the Braves win the World Series as an 8-year-old in 1995. I wanted to relive the memories and make new ones. In a year so full of negativity, I wanted so badly for something positive to happen. I waited, like millions of other Braves fans, for 26 years and many playoff chokes for this moment.

And it happened.

But in the back of my mind, I figured the revenge had to be sweet for a city that was victimized by race politics. Whose black-owned businesses lost $145 million in business revenue because those higher-ups in the MLB front office were so readily fooled by lies and disinformation from wannabe social justice warriors. Only to be rewarded with the home team making it to the World Series, bringing all that revenue back in the process, and having the home team win the World Series.

I hope the MLB learns something from this, too (they probably won't, but you never know). This was a win in more ways than one for a beleaguered sports city. It was a devastating repudiation of an organization who acted on a knee jerk without researching the voting law before making a decision.

More importantly, the Braves are your 2021 World Series Champions.

Good night folks.

I know, candycorn, you positively can't stand it, can you?

Oh, I'm curious about something: Who won the VA Gubernatorial race last night?

Apparently you're the one who can't stand it since my reaction bothered you so much. Sad you don't have a life.

If we're going to equate some sort of political aura to a couple of baseball teams...

It was good to see a blue state wipe the floor with a red state.

Apparently you're the one who can't stand it since my reaction bothered you so much. Sad you don't have a life.
I clearly have a life. I'm not always looking for posts to press funny on in lieu of an absent argument.

Yeah, I don't have as much time to waste on overtly partisan political boards as I used to, which is clearly indicative of me having some semblance of a life, unlike you.

Now if you have something meaningful to say, say it. Or get out of the thread.

I clearly have a life. I'm not always looking for posts to press funny on in lieu of an absent argument.

Yeah, I don't have as much time to waste on overtly partisan political boards as I used to, which is clearly indicative of me having some semblance of a life, unlike you.

Now if you have something meaningful to say, say it. Or get out of the thread.
You're the one following me around twit...

If you're silly enough to attach some sort of political meaning to a baseball game...how'd it feel to have a red state team trounced by a blue state team?

THE BRAVES DIDN’T WIN. THE WORLD SERIES WAS RIGGED.

WE NEED TO AUDIT THE RESULTS OF THIS ILLEGITIMATE WIN.

I INTEND TO WHINE ABOUT THIS FOR THE NEXT FOUR+ YEARS AFTER WE STORM THE MLB HEADQUARTERS.

I couldn't help but think amidst the euphoria of my Braves winning the World Series...

On April 6, 2021, in response to Brian Kemp signing a much-needed vote integrity bill into law, MLB President Rob Manfred, chose to move the planned All-Star Game out of Atlanta and into Denver. Not only that, this happened 2 1/2 months after the passing of arguably one of the greatest African-American baseball players in the history of the game, Hank Aaron, who famously broke Babe Ruth's home run record in 1974.

Nearly 7 months later, on November 2, 2021, the Braves responded by issuing what might have been the biggest middle finger to a woke professional sports organization in the history of organized sports-- by winning the World Series, 4-2 against the Houston Astros. It gave a city starved for professional sports titles its first major championship since 1995, and a sweet taste of revenge. A sense of poetic justice. It might sound petty, but this may as well be the sprinkles on the icing on the cake.

I'm not big on revenge, but this had to be embarrassing for Manfred, caving to Stacey Abrams, the race mob, and their rampant lies about the voting law, to move the ASG out of Atlanta only to see them win the World Series later in the year.

Don't get me wrong, this wasn't the first thing I thought about when the last out was made. I watched the Braves win the World Series as an 8-year-old in 1995. I wanted to relive the memories and make new ones. In a year so full of negativity, I wanted so badly for something positive to happen. I waited, like millions of other Braves fans, for 26 years and many playoff chokes for this moment.

And it happened.

But in the back of my mind, I figured the revenge had to be sweet for a city that was victimized by race politics. Whose black-owned businesses lost $145 million in business revenue because those higher-ups in the MLB front office were so readily fooled by lies and disinformation from wannabe social justice warriors. Only to be rewarded with the home team making it to the World Series, bringing all that revenue back in the process, and having the home team win the World Series.

I hope the MLB learns something from this, too (they probably won't, but you never know). This was a win in more ways than one for a beleaguered sports city. It was a devastating repudiation of an organization who acted on a knee jerk without researching the voting law before making a decision.

More importantly, the Braves are your 2021 World Series Champions.

Good night folks.
How about those Braves. They just made Houston Astros better..... next year. :thup:

Forum List

Back