Please keep posts short and to the point.

Wisdom often requires length and detail. If you don't have time to read such comments, you should reconsider how you consume your information.
Indeed.....Though johnwk's OPs are longish, they're packed with content.

A few posters (i.e. the ones I mentioned) mistake windiness with wisdom.

There are some here that post overly long comments which I don't bother to read. Remember brevity is the soul of wit.
no one likes a one liner better than me

but some of these long form posts are informative and ....

you don't have to read them. some of my longer ones are first drafts of even longer articles that i like comments on before attaching a real name.

Indeed.....Though johnwk's OPs are longish, they're packed with content.

A few posters (i.e. the ones I mentioned) mistake windiness with wisdom.
I wasn't even identifying with one particular poster or two, just in general. If I see a topic that has some detail or interest I will take the three minutes to five minutes to read it.

A short posting can get the point across but it is all situational/context.

Surely linguistic style is part of the Free Speech package. Not everyone is pithy. Accept it. You know, diversity.

Long posts don't bother me. What scorches my grits are long videos. Who wants to sit through a low information density half hour or hour and a half video when the same information could be obtained by reading for nine or eleven minutes.

There are some here that post overly long comments which I don't bother to read. Remember brevity is the soul of wit.
long drawn out explanations is a progressive tactic to confuse and bore the listener,,

good ideas dont need long drawn out explanation,,

Thinking of asking the mods/admin if they'll accept Greg Shorthand as an option for posting 'excessive' length posts................ :dunno:

It's funny this is a topic, most here don't venture far from the first couple sentences in a post.

1712184210202.png

Forum List

Back