CDZ Please explain why Gina Carano's tweets and posts were bad. Post the tweet, then explain.

As someone else said, i don't think she was fired over this one tweet but over previous incidents and this was the final straw. The tweet alone was not particularly bad, albeit quite a bit tone deaf. I can't believe how far she's fallen to go from working on deadpool and the mandalorian to now working with Ben Shapiro. That's like working as a head chef at a michelin star restaurant to flipping burgers at McDonalds. Shapiro would drop his radio show tomorrow and denounce everything he believes in to be a geeky film star.
Why wasn't Pedro Pascal fired? He, too, made a comparison between American and Nazi Germany.
I think he knows the answer to that but doesn't want to admit it.

I believe she was fired because both her employer and publicist asked her to knock it off, and she didn't....That would mean she was fired for insubordination, not anything she tweeted.

If my employer were to learn what religion I practiced, and told me to “knock it off”, but I insubordinately continued to practice my religion instead of some different religion that my employer prefers, would that be just cause to fire me?

Freedom to hold and express whatever opinions one will, is surely just as essential a right when it pertains to political opinions, as to religious opinions, isn't it?
Poor analogy.

Practicing one's religion is a private affair....Going out and proselytizing is another.

Actually it isn't. Part of some people's religion is to spread the word.
That's their choice to make.....Still, nobody owes you a job if that's how you roll.

It's not about being owed a job, it's about the rank hypocrisy of someone on the left doing something and getting a pass and someone on the right doing the exact same thing and getting the shaft.
If it’s about the hypocrisy then let me ask what you think causes the hypocrisy?

The people in charge being intolerant leftists?

As someone else said, i don't think she was fired over this one tweet but over previous incidents and this was the final straw. The tweet alone was not particularly bad, albeit quite a bit tone deaf. I can't believe how far she's fallen to go from working on deadpool and the mandalorian to now working with Ben Shapiro. That's like working as a head chef at a michelin star restaurant to flipping burgers at McDonalds. Shapiro would drop his radio show tomorrow and denounce everything he believes in to be a geeky film star.
Why wasn't Pedro Pascal fired? He, too, made a comparison between American and Nazi Germany.

I don't know, and I don't care.
Sure. Can't risk confronting uncomfortable truths.

Nope. I don't even know who that is. :dunno: :laugh:

He's the star of Disney's The Mandalorian. Carano's co-star. He compared the detention facilities on the southern border to Nazi Germany.

He's still got a job. Why? Because his was a criticism of Trump, not Democrats.

He's the star of Disney's The Mandalorian. Carano's co-star. He compared the detention facilities on the southern border to Nazi Germany.

Ah well, that would seem quite apt. I had to look up his tweet and i saw side by side photos of kids held in ICE cages here, to those caged in nazi germany behind barbwired fences. That tweet wouldn't have gotten him fired regardless of who was president.

As for Carano, here's the bottomline, she plays a small character on a non controversial show, run by the disney company. After what happened on Jan 6, no one is going to tolerate any kind of of dumb right wing rhetoric like the, election was stolen, especially not from their employees. She already has a history of silly tweets leaning towards either extremist rhetoric or ideas. If i owned a shoe store and she worked for me, i wouldn't have fired her, unfortunately for Gina, she has a slightly higher profile. lol

Last edited:

Ah well, that would seem quite apt. I had to look up his tweet and i saw side by side photos of kids held in ICE cages here, to those caged in nazi germany behind barbwired fences. That tweet wouldn't have gotten him fired regardless of who was president.

As for Carano, here's the bottomline, she plays a small character on a non controversial show, run by the disney company. After what happened on Jan 6, no one is going to tolerate any kind of of dumb right wing rhetoric like the, election was stolen, especially not from their employees. She already has a history of silly tweets leaning towards either extremist rhetoric or ideas. If i owned a shoe store and she worked for me, i wouldn't have fired her, unfortunately for Gina, she has a slightly higher profile. lol
"It's okay when we compare Trump to Hitler!!"

No, it's not. It's ridiculous.

And given Disney's capitulation to Communist China, holding them up as a moral guidepost is ridiculous as well.

I wonder if he's still comparing the detention facilities on the southern border to Nazi Germany.

Forum List

Back