CDZ Please explain why Gina Carano's tweets and posts were bad. Post the tweet, then explain.

Her tweets were just fine. The whole issue is redonkulous. Plus she is hot

It just shows how powerful the woke mob is as far as their hold on corporations, human resource departments, and PR departments... I would imagine now that most leftists in society, or those who only hear leftist headlines, think she did something awful and is some abrasive, foul, disrespectful bigot.. because how else would she get fired? Right?

Well, times change. You could be a nice, loving, warm, tender person and get abruptly fired for a non-offensive tweet that simply isn't lock-step with your woke employer's personal perceptions of the world. And your reputation will be smothered by their negative labels. Disney deserves any backlash it gets, and sadly it won't be as much as it should be considering that most of the MSM won't jump on board, since it's a Conservative being silenced. Yes, actual journalists.. those who should support the right to openly speak the most... nod their heads in agreeance when woke mobs and corporations silence and censor people. It's a 180 turn.
I’m a leftist drone right? Why don’t I believe everything you think the MSM is brainwashing me with?

Because you IGNORE IT and still vote for the progressively woke. You have no price to pay -- so you CAN ignore it.. Amirite? Problem is - they test your allegiance and eventually come for you.

If you live in California now as the "unwoke", you just grin and bear it when the legislature makes it a $1000 fine for any store caught SEGREGATING childrens' clothes and toys by sex at birth. What else is gonna be criminalized before you realize the loss of choice, freedom and speech?
I’m pretty liberal. I support liberty and personal freedom over government micromanagement

Keep your head on a swivel. You're not seeing the immensity of this problem. You will. I'm a liberal also, but that puts us on the Endangered Species list. There are no more liberals in the Dem party. Just because you dont a (R) after your name, doesn't get you the Immunity Idol.. I just had a former director of CIA, Old "If my lips are moving I'm lying" Brennan lump me as a libertarian in with nazis and white supremacists as a strategic domestic terrorism threat to the US..

You're not immune hiding out with the spotted owls as a "liberal"...
I’m not hiding anywhere, just expressing my opinions about issues as they come up. Don’t like or support either of the parties in their entirety. They are both corrupt and flawed in my opinion

How do you expect to defend freedom of speech and association by pretending you're immune or oblivious to any of this purging and canceling and censorship? OF COURSE both aging and corrupt Brand Name parties are useless. But whatcha gonna do if the censorers and cancellers get sole unchallengable power? What's your plan then? Still claim ignorance of the threat and try to hide under an archaic label of "liberal"?

I've gotten toss out of LP meetings for saying stuff like that -- because they DIDNT ponder the possibilities either. THERE IS TOO MUCH POWER available to the winners now.. And they are feeling pretty invincible.

On the daily wire podcast Ben Shapiro went through the tweets and posts that Disney used to fire Gina Carano...none of them rose to anything offensive, or dangerous...yet they still fired her.

If you support Disney firing her....please list the exact post, and then explain how the post is what you claim it is and why she deserved to be fired.

Ben explains the situation at the 4:18 mark on the video...

At this point, Gina should sue Disney for defamation of Character and win about a billion dollars...they have libled and slandered her...she really should sue...

Here's Newsweek's explanation, which Ben Shapiro covered somewhat in the vid... But the explanation is totally bogus...

"Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future," a Lucasfilm spokesperson said in a statement, per The Hollywood Reporter. "Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable."

Carano, a vocal Donald Trump supporter, came under heavy criticism after posting the offensive Instagram post.

It read: "Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors... even by children... Because history is edited, most people today don't realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"

I agree with my fellow Jew Ben Shapiro. Even the National Holocaust museum makes CERTAIN that folks understand this is NOT just about preventing recurrences to Jewish people. THEY have materials in that museum that explain how getting the PUBLIC to dehumanize and vilify any section of a population is the NECCESSARY PRELUDE to a Nazi style holocaust..

She was right on the TRUE and REAL message of the Holocaust. Not offensive -- brilliant..

She did the one thing that seems to be the one unforgivable sin in Hollywood she told the truth. People might not like what she said but it is historically accurate.

I believe she was fired because both her employer and publicist asked her to knock it off, and she didn't....That would mean she was fired for insubordination, not anything she tweeted.

If my employer were to learn what religion I practiced, and told me to “knock it off”, but I insubordinately continued to practice my religion instead of some different religion that my employer prefers, would that be just cause to fire me?

Freedom to hold and express whatever opinions one will, is surely just as essential a right when it pertains to political opinions, as to religious opinions, isn't it?
Poor analogy.

Practicing one's religion is a private affair....Going out and proselytizing is another.

Actually it isn't. Part of some people's religion is to spread the word.
That's their choice to make.....Still, nobody owes you a job if that's how you roll.

It's not about being owed a job, it's about the rank hypocrisy of someone on the left doing something and getting a pass and someone on the right doing the exact same thing and getting the shaft.

It just shows how powerful the woke mob is as far as their hold on corporations, human resource departments, and PR departments... I would imagine now that most leftists in society, or those who only hear leftist headlines, think she did something awful and is some abrasive, foul, disrespectful bigot.. because how else would she get fired? Right?

Well, times change. You could be a nice, loving, warm, tender person and get abruptly fired for a non-offensive tweet that simply isn't lock-step with your woke employer's personal perceptions of the world. And your reputation will be smothered by their negative labels. Disney deserves any backlash it gets, and sadly it won't be as much as it should be considering that most of the MSM won't jump on board, since it's a Conservative being silenced. Yes, actual journalists.. those who should support the right to openly speak the most... nod their heads in agreeance when woke mobs and corporations silence and censor people. It's a 180 turn.
I’m a leftist drone right? Why don’t I believe everything you think the MSM is brainwashing me with?

Because you IGNORE IT and still vote for the progressively woke. You have no price to pay -- so you CAN ignore it.. Amirite? Problem is - they test your allegiance and eventually come for you.

If you live in California now as the "unwoke", you just grin and bear it when the legislature makes it a $1000 fine for any store caught SEGREGATING childrens' clothes and toys by sex at birth. What else is gonna be criminalized before you realize the loss of choice, freedom and speech?
I’m pretty liberal. I support liberty and personal freedom over government micromanagement

Keep your head on a swivel. You're not seeing the immensity of this problem. You will. I'm a liberal also, but that puts us on the Endangered Species list. There are no more liberals in the Dem party. Just because you dont a (R) after your name, doesn't get you the Immunity Idol.. I just had a former director of CIA, Old "If my lips are moving I'm lying" Brennan lump me as a libertarian in with nazis and white supremacists as a strategic domestic terrorism threat to the US..

You're not immune hiding out with the spotted owls as a "liberal"...
I’m not hiding anywhere, just expressing my opinions about issues as they come up. Don’t like or support either of the parties in their entirety. They are both corrupt and flawed in my opinion

How do you expect to defend freedom of speech and association by pretending you're immune or oblivious to any of this purging and canceling and censorship? OF COURSE both aging and corrupt Brand Name parties are useless. But whatcha gonna do if the censorers and cancellers get sole unchallengable power? What's your plan then? Still claim ignorance of the threat and try to hide under an archaic label of "liberal"?

I've gotten toss out of LP meetings for saying stuff like that -- because they DIDNT ponder the possibilities either. THERE IS TOO MUCH POWER available to the winners now.. And they are feeling pretty invincible.
I don’t know what you think I’m ignoring or what you think I should be doing but I just go about my life and focus on my business friends and family. Politics is a game that I observe, but I’m not a player in. If you’re asking what I think about cancel culture I’ll tell you I think it’s gone too far. The left needs to toughen up and the right needs to learn how to act with a little more compassion and understanding for others.

I believe she was fired because both her employer and publicist asked her to knock it off, and she didn't....That would mean she was fired for insubordination, not anything she tweeted.

If my employer were to learn what religion I practiced, and told me to “knock it off”, but I insubordinately continued to practice my religion instead of some different religion that my employer prefers, would that be just cause to fire me?

Freedom to hold and express whatever opinions one will, is surely just as essential a right when it pertains to political opinions, as to religious opinions, isn't it?
Poor analogy.

Practicing one's religion is a private affair....Going out and proselytizing is another.

That's their choice to make.....Still, nobody owes you a job if that's how you roll.

It's not about being owed a job, it's about the rank hypocrisy of someone on the left doing something and getting a pass and someone on the right doing the exact same thing and getting the shaft.
If it’s about the hypocrisy then let me ask what you think causes the hypocrisy?

Ben Shapiro of the Daily Wire stated it....to the left there are two groups of people.....

The Woke, and the damned.......

I would add.....The damned, The Woke, and the Woke who are about to be damned by other Woke fasicsts......

at the 1:16:59 mark on the video......the rest of the show is great too where they discuss cancel culture and the left.

Last edited:

Poor analogy.

Actually, in this case, it isn't the same thing.....what Pedro Pascale tweeted was actually offensive...nothing Carano posted was offensive....

Ben Shapiro of the Daily Wire stated it....to the left there are two groups of people.....

I would add.....The damned, The Woke, and the Woke who are about to be damned by other Woke fasicsts......

at the 1:16:59 mark on the video......the rest of the show is great too where they discuss cancel culture and the left.

I think both the left and the roght are waaaay to consumed with what the media thinks and hypes up. And the media is far too consumed with what Twitter trolls are saying. Who gives a shit. Live your life, do what’s right, mind your business. Isn’t too hard

:auiqs.jpg:Too big a laugh to just get the post rating !!!!! The best news in this thread is -- intellectual, rational discussion still exists. Didn't know about the show.. I will put it on my list... THANKS...

:auiqs.jpg:Too big a laugh to just get the post rating !!!!! The best news in this thread is -- intellectual, rational discussion still exists. Didn't know about the show.. I will put it on my list... THANKS...
The Madalorian is a good show. Carano has an interesting character, and she's great at action scenes.

I think both the left and the roght are waaaay to consumed with what the media thinks and hypes up. And the media is far too consumed with what Twitter trolls are saying. Who gives a shit. Live your life, do what’s right, mind your business. Isn’t too hard

Live your life, do what’s right, mind your business. Isn’t too hard

Wow...who knew you were a right wing extremist....

Because those statements right there make you into a Trumper........

As someone else said, i don't think she was fired over this one tweet but over previous incidents and this was the final straw. The tweet alone was not particularly bad, albeit quite a bit tone deaf. I can't believe how far she's fallen to go from working on deadpool and the mandalorian to now working with Ben Shapiro. That's like working as a head chef at a michelin star restaurant to flipping burgers at McDonalds. Shapiro would drop his radio show tomorrow and denounce everything he believes in to be a geeky film star.

You're a classical liberal then. Liberal has been somewhat corrupted in American jargon due to it being lumped in with progressivism and socialism.

I often try to use progressive or leftist when describing a lot of the negatives of Democrats, for example. Liberal is more aligned with what you said in a lot of other countries.

In some ways, classical liberalism and American-style libertarianism are the same.

To add to the confusion, however, libertarian usually means economically socialist in a lot of the world outside of America though.

You're a classical liberal then. Liberal has been somewhat corrupted in American jargon due to it being lumped in with progressivism and socialism.

I often try to use progressive or leftist when describing a lot of the negatives of Democrats, for example. Liberal is more aligned with what you said in a lot of other countries.

In some ways, classical liberalism and American-style libertarianism are the same.

To add to the confusion, however, libertarian usually means economically socialist in a lot of the world outside of America though.
Yeah I see the terms getting distorted and misused all the time... but even worse is I see both sides clumping everybody into one of two sides. You’re either a commie or a white nationalist. It’s a game of extremes that smarter people used to ignore, however it now appears to be the mainstream. Sad what we are becoming

Yeah I see the terms getting distorted and misused all the time... but even worse is I see both sides clumping everybody into one of two sides. You’re either a commie or a white nationalist. It’s a game of extremes that smarter people used to ignore, however it now appears to be the mainstream. Sad what we are becoming
The elites like it that way. It's basically why identity politics exist. It's meant to keep us divided.

As someone else said, i don't think she was fired over this one tweet but over previous incidents and this was the final straw. The tweet alone was not particularly bad, albeit quite a bit tone deaf. I can't believe how far she's fallen to go from working on deadpool and the mandalorian to now working with Ben Shapiro. That's like working as a head chef at a michelin star restaurant to flipping burgers at McDonalds. Shapiro would drop his radio show tomorrow and denounce everything he believes in to be a geeky film star.
Why wasn't Pedro Pascal fired? He, too, made a comparison between American and Nazi Germany.

Why wasn't Pedro Pascal fired? He, too, made a comparison between American and Nazi Germany.

I don't know, and I don't care.

Forum List

Back