Please eat the dandelions: 9 edible garden weeds

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Derek Markham, March 28, 2014

dandelionedibleweed.jpg.662x0_q100_crop-scale.jpg

I've known about some of these for most of my life – but have to admit to ignoring most of them. They are often nothing more than noxious weeds ruining my lawn or flower beds. But, this article sets the record straight.

In addition to Dendelions, the article includes, Purslane, Clover [makes absolutely great honey], Lamb's Quarters, Plantain, Chickweed, Mallow, Wild Amaranth [read something about this before], and Curly Dock [never heard of this and don't recognize it.

Check it out for yourself @ Please eat the dandelions: 9 edible garden weeds : TreeHugger

Just be sure you don't spray your yard with poison.

I've never understood the obsession with grass. All the poison and chemicals leaching into our ground water. Why not plant edibles and/or wildflowers? Or, just mow whatever is there. Its all the same.

:lol: This takes me back to when I was 10 years old...I had just learned that dandelions were edible, so I picked as many as I could carry and went home, popped the flower heads off and fried them in some butter (hey, I was 10 :lol:).....let's just say, I never did that again......I still remember that awful bitter taste to this day....:eusa_sick: :lol:

Dandelions are good stuffs, which can cure sore throats, a little bitter though ... Sometimes in this early spring I gathered some back to make tea or throw into a meal I was preparing ...

Last edited:
This takes me back to when I was 10 years old...I had just learned that dandelions were edible, so I picked as many as I could carry and went home, popped the flower heads off and fried them in some butter (hey, I was 10 ).....let's just say, I never did that again......I still remember that awful bitter taste to this day....
There's a Japanese girl who learned how to cook at 4, and she could prepare a supper for her father when she's 5 and her mom died from breast cancer ... So, finally I believe that there's a tremendous difference among people ...

Last edited:
This takes me back to when I was 10 years old...I had just learned that dandelions were edible, so I picked as many as I could carry and went home, popped the flower heads off and fried them in some butter (hey, I was 10 ).....let's just say, I never did that again......I still remember that awful bitter taste to this day....
There's a Japanese girl who learned how to cook at 4, and she could prepare a supper for her father when she's 5 and her mom died from breast cancer ... So, finally I believe that there's a tremendous difference among people ...

What is your first language, if you don't mind my asking?

:lol: This takes me back to when I was 10 years old...I had just learned that dandelions were edible, so I picked as many as I could carry and went home, popped the flower heads off and fried them in some butter (hey, I was 10 :lol:).....let's just say, I never did that again......I still remember that awful bitter taste to this day....:eusa_sick: :lol:

Eat the leaves only.:eusa_shifty:

The stems are bitter as fuck.

Forum List

Back