Anyone watch Chopped?

I like it when one of the chefs takes losing really badly. It's funny. My only gripe with that show is how poorly edited it is.

Pet peeve: The chef who never takes off his/her hat because it's their 'look.' Get over yourself, Hollywood.

I like it when one of the chefs takes losing really badly. It's funny. My only gripe with that show is how poorly edited it is.

I get so mad when they leave an ingredient off and their plate clearly was best:lol:

I got mad when a contestant won after leaving an ingredient out of the main course AND desert.

So I stopped watching.

Wow, usually that's an automatic chop !

Was it American or Canadian chopped?

Not sure if this reflects something about the industry, but a noticeably high percentage of the female chefs seem to be lesbians. They are forever talking about their girlfriend or female fiancee or whatever. Which is fine, of course. It's just noticeable. The female chefs who are straight all seem compelled to say something like "because I'm a girl I have to work harder" or "I can stand toe to toe with the boys" or some such thing at least twice per episode.

I get so mad when they leave an ingredient off and their plate clearly was best:lol:

I got mad when a contestant won after leaving an ingredient out of the main course AND desert.

So I stopped watching.

It was the American show. It was one of their charity champion weeks, and the "winner" had a better back story than the woman who got raves for all her courses.

That's when I decided the whole thing was fixed.

Pet peeve: The chef who never takes off his/her hat because it's their 'look.' Get over yourself, Hollywood.

that's a double edged sword.

one could easily say to get over Yourself for caring!~

:smiliehug:

So I stopped watching.

It was the American show. It was one of their charity champion weeks, and the "winner" had a better back story than the woman who got raves for all her courses.

That's when I decided the whole thing was fixed.

Eh, it's entertainment.

Not sure if this reflects something about the industry, but a noticeably high percentage of the female chefs seem to be lesbians. They are forever talking about their girlfriend or female fiancee or whatever. Which is fine, of course. It's just noticeable. The female chefs who are straight all seem compelled to say something like "because I'm a girl I have to work harder" or "I can stand toe to toe with the boys" or some such thing at least twice per episode.

!!!!!! spot on observation

It's industry-wide.

Kitchens are incredibly high-testosterone environments. The female chefs that don't burn out tend to be what you would call "butch", regardless of their sexual orientation.

The episode with the Grandma's was pretty good :)

It's industry-wide.

Kitchens are incredibly high-testosterone environments. The female chefs that don't burn out tend to be what you would call "butch", regardless of their sexual orientation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back