Please clarify rule about PMs

As I understand from what EZ and Chrimson white have said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, Rep comments are not PMs. The have public consequence.
A PM is PERSONAL between the parties. Publishing the title is very often publishing the entire contents. It is in my case. You can publish no part of the PM.

the only exception is threats and other felonious nastiness.

Every single mod who has made comment on the subject has been painfully direct and as obscure as clear glass. The only room I can see for confusion is deliberate

Check the rules. Board rules apply to PMs. You can report a PM same as you can a post. However, PMs cannot be posted on the board. That includes the title. It IS part and parcel to the PM.

I think that rule is excellent...because it prevents people from posting things that other members do not want the general public to read.

Very, very good rule. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

As I understand from what EZ and Chrimson white have said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, Rep comments are not PMs. The have public consequence.
A PM is PERSONAL between the parties. Publishing the title is very often publishing the entire contents. It is in my case. You can publish no part of the PM.

the only exception is threats and other felonious nastiness.

Every single mod who has made comment on the subject has been painfully direct and as obscure as clear glass. The only room I can see for confusion is deliberate

Check the rules. Board rules apply to PMs. You can report a PM same as you can a post. However, PMs cannot be posted on the board. That includes the title. It IS part and parcel to the PM.

I think that rule is excellent...because it prevents people from posting things that other members do not want the general public to read.

Brownose

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Oy Vey!

PS: I still say it's a shitty rule altogether. But since I must abide by it nevertheless, I have chosen to disable PM's.

Brownose

I'm serious! You don't think the rule is good?

I'm sure you wouldn't want me sharing the PM that you sent to me about the time that you did you-know-what with you-know-who in the you-know-where...and then you woke up in Tijuana with some guy pissing on you!

;)

Brownose

call me brownnose too because I agree completely.

as i understand 'the rules' ....you cannot post the contents of a pm without the other persons agreeing...like you...i would see no problem with posting the title...

My guess is a title can be considered part of the contents.

Sure it can be. And I also suppose an address label could be considered part of the contents of your next order from Amazon.com. :lol:

You don't get one just because of the question you asked. You CAN post a rep comment. You CANNOT post a response to the PM or response to the PM that comes with it.
I wasn't asking you for an apology, Gunny. As if!

So the re: new reputation is also verboten?

Is it even allowable to mention that someone sent you a PM in that case?
Is your real life so meaningless that you are actually still sweating this shit? Just asking.

is your life so meaningless you had to read this thread and then make this post?

Brownose

I'm serious! You don't think the rule is good?

I'm sure you wouldn't want me sharing the PM that you sent to me about the time that you did you-know-what with you-know-who in the you-know-where...and then you woke up in Tijuana with some guy pissing on you!

;)
Are you kidding? I'd be bragging about that on the main boards not hiding it in a PM.

as i understand 'the rules' ....you cannot post the contents of a pm without the other persons agreeing...like you...i would see no problem with posting the title...

Sure it can be. And I also suppose an address label could be considered part of the contents of your next order from Amazon.com. :lol:

apples/orangles pantifold....

a pm TITLE is not an address...it could say "you're a fucking dick rep obsessed whore"

Is your real life so meaningless that you are actually still sweating this shit? Just asking.

is your life so meaningless you had to read this thread and then make this post?

Let me think about that a minute. :eusa_whistle: Yes.

Its a little different manifold as my name and adress doesn't give a hint as to the contents inside.

Now if the box said "Contains your copy of Super Stripper girls 7"....well then yeah it would be similar to the title of a PM. ;).

I have seen PM titles Re: New reputation! published without punishment. And it may have been clear to you but it certainly was unclear to many other posters here (can't reveal who without breaking a rule).

:eusa_whistle:

Still waiting for your apology.

You don't get one just because of the question you asked. You CAN post a rep comment. You CANNOT post a response to the PM or response to the PM that comes with it.

If someone replies to a rep then that reply shows up as a PM correct? Therefore you can not share it.

I was told we can share an initial positive or negative rep though because those show up in your profile and not just as private messages.

If someone replies to a rep then that reply shows up as a PM correct? Therefore you can not share it.

I was told we can share an initial positive or negative rep though because those show up in your profile and not just as private messages.

but what if your profile is private?

but what if your profile is private?

excellent question. We need a red name response for that as I dont know the answer :)

Forum List

Back