Please clarify rule about PMs

As I understand from what EZ and Chrimson white have said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, Rep comments are not PMs. The have public consequence.
A PM is PERSONAL between the parties. Publishing the title is very often publishing the entire contents. It is in my case. You can publish no part of the PM.

the only exception is threats and other felonious nastiness.

Every single mod who has made comment on the subject has been painfully direct and as obscure as clear glass. The only room I can see for confusion is deliberate

As I understand from what EZ and Chrimson white have said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, Rep comments are not PMs. The have public consequence.
A PM is PERSONAL between the parties. Publishing the title is very often publishing the entire contents. It is in my case. You can publish no part of the PM.

Every single mod who has made comment on the subject has been painfully direct and as obscure as clear glass. The only room I can see for confusion is deliberate
I have seen PM titles Re: New reputation! published without punishment. And it may have been clear to you but it certainly was unclear to many other posters here (can't reveal who without breaking a rule).

:eusa_whistle:

Still waiting for your apology.

o dont be putting nothing in a pm that you dont want shared...cant the admins/mods read them....

now cant you post an pm if both parties agree?

my pms are pretty tame .... an occasion moron...dumbass..things like that.nothing really earth moving...

We cannot. Why the left keeps perpetrating that myth beats me. If we HAD the tool to read them I would disable it.

Privacy is privacy.
Which is exactly why Obama did away with the Patriot Act just like he promised. :rolleyes:

Check the rules. Board rules apply to PMs. You can report a PM same as you can a post. However, PMs cannot be posted on the board. That includes the title. It IS part and parcel to the PM.

A non-answer must be an answer.

:cuckoo:

Okay, for the S - L - O - W: is the title of a PM part of the contents of a PM or not? *This where you nod your head furiously and say, "Why yes, Gunny, it is.":cool:

so if the title doesn't reveal contents, then its ok to post just the title....

this how i take the above comments
What if the title has nothing to do with the contents or you never read the PM at all? :lol:

I have seen PM titles Re: New reputation! published without punishment. And it may have been clear to you but it certainly was unclear to many other posters here (can't reveal who without breaking a rule).

You don't get one just because of the question you asked. You CAN post a rep comment. You CANNOT post a response to the PM or response to the PM that comes with it.

Okay, for the S - L - O - W: is the title of a PM part of the contents of a PM or not? *This where you nod your head furiously and say, "Why yes, Gunny, it is.":cool:

What if the title has nothing to do with the contents or you never read the PM at all? :lol:

if you never read the pm and the title indicates what might be inside, i think its clear you shouldn't post it unless its neutral like "response to rep" which is automatic or "hey" or "sup" or "pain in the ass"....

its a grey area and i predict much litigation in the courts of usmb over this :razz:

You don't get one just because of the question you asked. You CAN post a rep comment. You CANNOT post a response to the PM or response to the PM that comes with it.
I wasn't asking you for an apology, Gunny. As if!

So the re: new reputation is also verboten?

Is it even allowable to mention that someone sent you a PM in that case?

if you never read the pm and the title indicates what might be inside, i think its clear you shouldn't post it unless its neutral like "response to rep" which is automatic or "hey" or "sup" or "pain in the ass"....

its a grey area and i predict much litigation in the courts of usmb over this :razz:
:eusa_eh: "pain in the ass" could be construed to refer to PM content.

See, somebody went to all the trouble of creating personal and visitor messages so you could go around and share the contents. NOT

For those who are stupid enough to post personal stuff even in a PM...ARE YOU NUTS???
It is like a sex tape.

:eusa_eh: "pain in the ass" could be construed to refer to PM content.

so your name is not "pain in the ass"

:eusa_eh:

my bad :razz:

Is your real life so meaningless that you are actually still sweating this shit? Just asking.

o dont be putting nothing in a pm that you dont want shared...cant the admins/mods read them....

my pms are pretty tame .... an occasion moron...dumbass..things like that.nothing really earth moving...

We cannot. Why the left keeps perpetrating that myth beats me. If we HAD the tool to read them I would disable it.

Privacy is privacy.

In that case, how do you read the PMs that are reported?

Privacy is privacy.

OMG! I never realized you were a leftie!

Privacy is privacy.

The reporter sends them a copy or they could hack in. I'm going with read the copy. This is getting close to a conspiracy thread.

Is your real life so meaningless that you are actually still sweating this shit? Just asking.
:lol: The next time I sweat over a message board will be the first time.

if a pm is reported for nastiness or for an attack or threat or harassment etc, then it can be read by the mods on the reported post/pm forum....this does not happen often.

:lol: The next time I sweat over a message board will be the first time.

Hey, give some assistance to my buddy Jake Starkey in that case. He seems to be struggling.

Forum List

Back