Plane (2023) with Gerard Butler - Finally a decent movie without stupid messages and wokeness.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I haven't seen it but it got a good review from a movie hound on another forum I frequent.

Just watched the movie: Plane (2023) with Gerard Butler.

Unless I missed something, it contained NO wokeness, gayness, transgenderism, social justice, politics, or hidden messages. Just a good old action flick with bad guys, good guys, wild card guys, with lots of firefights, fisticuffs, bit of nice looking women, and some good suspense. Not perfect, probably, but I quite enjoyed it. Kudos to Gerard and his co-cast for just acting their role well, and doing nothing else.

It's about damn time, Hollywood. Sipped my single malt scotch, put my feet up, and was finally able to enjoy a film without the usual nonsense.

Not sure we will watch it or not, likely not... a bit formulaic.
This movie has been made about 50 times. Change of circumstances, same plot.
I guarantee I already know what is going to happen.
No one can trust Rotten Tomatoes reviews... at all. And once again, their reviews are starkly different than everyone else. Across the rating sites it rates at just above average. Around 60% favorable. That is actually pretty bad. Rotten Tomatoes audience score is 94%. Which would indicate it is an Oscar contender. Which it obviously is not. And we know why. It shows a black character being mistreated ... raaacism. Who shows he is better than all the racist think he is.

I haven't seen it but it got a good review from a movie hound on another forum I frequent.

Just watched the movie: Plane (2023) with Gerard Butler.

Unless I missed something, it contained NO wokeness, gayness, transgenderism, social justice, politics, or hidden messages. Just a good old action flick with bad guys, good guys, wild card guys, with lots of firefights, fisticuffs, bit of nice looking women, and some good suspense. Not perfect, probably, but I quite enjoyed it. Kudos to Gerard and his co-cast for just acting their role well, and doing nothing else.

It's about damn time, Hollywood. Sipped my single malt scotch, put my feet up, and was finally able to enjoy a film without the usual nonsense.

What a sad state the American entertainment industry is, that it is so noteworthy and significant for it to produce a film that is not infested with all sorts of immoral “woke” garbage.

Forum List

Back