PIZZA JOINT vs. U.S. GOVERNMENT.

Hey Zona, now do you see why us on the right advocate young people to abstain from sex to avoid having a kid when they are 15, and staying in school and getting a diploma so they can get a job that pays MORE than minimum wage?

MW jobs are for teenagers to get experience in the workforce, NOT for raising families. So they either need to A) Not have a family at age 15, or B) Dont screw up enough to end up working for minimum wage at age 35.

If you fail at A and B, well, we aren't obligated to help you.
Or end up abandoning the mother for HER to raise the prodginy sans a father figure...to ultimately end up as a ward of the State at the expense of the people that are responsible?

Nah...forget about it...

You want to try again...

Many Adults Rely on the Minimum Wage as a Living Wage

Contrary to popular opinion, the average worker affected by an increase in the minimum wage is not just a teenager flipping hamburgers. Only one in fourteen is a teenage student from a family with above average earnings.

The fact is, almost two-thirds of minimum wage workers are adults, and four in ten are the sole bread winner of their family.
The Case for Raising the Minimum Wage

I think the united states department of labor knows more about this than you do. Nothing personal.
Your link, Zona

1996? Are you serious?
Lets take that up by 10 years to 2006 (same source, US Department of Labor)
Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2006
Together, these 1.7 million workers with wages at or below the minimum made up 2.2 percent of all hourly-paid workers.

Minimum wage workers tend to be young. About half of workers earning $5.15 or less were under age 25, and about one-fourth of workers earning at or below the minimum wage were age 16-19.

Zona, do you still want to argue what I said?

Sure...were did you get 2.2 in 2011..lets go with 2010..

Minimum wage workers tend to be young. Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly-paid workers, they made up about half of those paid the Federal minimum wage or less. Among employed teenagers paid by the hour, about 25 percent earned the minimum wage or less, compared with about 4 percent of workers age 25 and over. (See table 1 and table 7.)

About 7 percent of women paid hourly rates had wages at or below the prevailing Federal minimum, compared with about 5 percent of men. (See table 1.)

Your link still goes to the same 1996 article.

Just because Cain ran a pizza joint do not mean he is capable of running the U.S. Government. If that was so the president of Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, Safeway, Wal-Mart, Krispy Kream Donut and Donald Trump can run the government. Donald knew you cannot run the government like you run a business. That’s just like saying Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse can run Disney Land and Junior can run the city play ground. Cain running the U.S. Government. Hell no
More than PIZZA troll...

LEARN to read...educate yourself. (You must be really afraid of a successful working class citizen running for POTUS aren't you)?

No kidding, my gawd.

He's substantially underqualified, that's for sure. He also lacks the basic knowledge of civics necessary to assume the awesome responsibility of head of the Executive branch of the United States.

Herman Cain confuses Constitution with Declaration of Independence*|*Raw Replay

They hate when you point things like this out. Then they come back with well Obama blah blah...

Obama taught constitutional law classes...this guy is a businessman. Period. You think he will be ALL about business if he was actually (shudder) as president?

Cane said he doesnt know much about foreign policy either. That is some scary shit right there.

Obam bam didn't TEACH anything.
Robert Gibbs: Obama Never Taught Constitutional Law
http://patterico.com/2009/04/22/robert-gibbs-obama-never-taught-constitutional-law/

Obama a Constitutional Law Professor?
Posted on March 28, 2008

Q: Was Barack Obama really a constitutional law professor?

A: His formal title was "senior lecturer," but the University of Chicago Law School says he "served as a professor" and was "regarded as" a professor.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/obama-a-constitutional-law-professor/
I friggen fall over from laughter when I hear you all regurgitate that crap.

Last edited:
Sure...were did you get 2.2 in 2011..lets go with 2010..

Minimum wage workers tend to be young. Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly-paid workers, they made up about half of those paid the Federal minimum wage or less. Among employed teenagers paid by the hour, about 25 percent earned the minimum wage or less, compared with about 4 percent of workers age 25 and over. (See table 1 and table 7.)

About 7 percent of women paid hourly rates had wages at or below the prevailing Federal minimum, compared with about 5 percent of men. (See table 1.)

I grabbed the "approximately 2%" number out of my memory. (Scroll up to see that I said "approximately)

OK, lets go with 2010. (Again, US Department of Labor)
Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2010
First paragraph,
In 2010, 72.9 million American workers age 16 and over were paid at hourly rates, representing 58.8 percent of all wage and salary workers.1 Among those paid by the hour, 1.8 million earned exactly the prevailing Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 2.5 million had wages below the minimum.2 Together, these 4.4 million workers with wages at or below the Federal minimum made up 6.0 percent of all hourly-paid workers. Tables 1-10 present data on a wide array of demographic and socioeconomic characteristics for hourly-paid workers earning at or below the Federal minimum wage. The following are some highlights from the 2010 data.
Please note that it is talking about HOURLY workers, also please note that I specified ALL workers. So then, if you do the math, in 2010 it comes down to about 3.5% of ALL workers in that minimum wage category, that's pretty damn close to "approximately 2%" as I said earlier.
More form the link,
Minimum wage workers tend to be young. Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly-paid workers, they made up about half of those paid the Federal minimum wage or less.
Again, they are only talking about HOURLY workers, not ALL workers, you can do the math to find the actual statistic.

Have a nice day.

He's substantially underqualified, that's for sure. He also lacks the basic knowledge of civics necessary to assume the awesome responsibility of head of the Executive branch of the United States.

They hate when you point things like this out. Then they come back with well Obama blah blah...

Obama taught constitutional law classes...this guy is a businessman. Period. You think he will be ALL about business if he was actually (shudder) as president?

Cane said he doesnt know much about foreign policy either. That is some scary shit right there.

Obam bam didn't TEACH anything.
Robert Gibbs: Obama Never Taught Constitutional Law
I friggen fall over from laughter when I hear you all regurgitate that crap.
Obama's record is highly over stated...and lied about by those that support him. He's a failure, and they know it.

The exodus from him will commence as Novermber 2012 draws closer. I really don't think anyone bu the diehard will stay en kamp...

(Yes yes you leftist freaks...camp...is spelled with a K for a reason)

Just because Cain ran a pizza joint do not mean he is capable of running the U.S. Government. If that was so the president of Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, Safeway, Wal-Mart, Krispy Kream Donut and Donald Trump can run the government. Donald knew you cannot run the government like you run a business. That’s just like saying Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse can run Disney Land and Junior can run the city play ground. Cain running the U.S. Government. Hell no

The problem with the Federal Government is we've got a bunch of know-nothing LAWYERS running it. The best thing we can do is to put BUSINESS MEN & WOMEN in the oval office--congress and the senate because they actually UNDERSTAND how the private sector WORKS.

Yeah, no. We put an MBA and an owner of the Texas Rangers into the Presidency for eight years. He left us an economic depression.

This call for businessmen is horseshit.

The problem with the Federal Government is we've got a bunch of know-nothing LAWYERS running it. The best thing we can do is to put BUSINESS MEN & WOMEN in the oval office--congress and the senate because they actually UNDERSTAND how the private sector WORKS.

Yeah, no. We put an MBA and an owner of the Texas Rangers into the Presidency for eight years. He left us an economic depression.

yeah and, you all put in a lowly state Senator from Illinois and INEXPERIENCED JUNIOR Senator of less than TWO YEARS Community organizer as President AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE..
I think a non-politician Conservative businessman or woman might be the best answer.

yeah and, you all put in a lowly state Senator from Illinois and INEXPERIENCED JUNIOR Senator of less than TWO YEARS Community organizer as President AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE..
I think a non-politician Conservative businessman or woman might be the best answer.
And a Senator while in the State Senate voted 'Present'...and a FED Senator that spent more time campaigning and voting 'Present' than any I have ever seen.

Oddly? HE has never left the campaign trail, only ratcheted it up.

It's funny to see all this zealous defense of Herman Cain.

It's amazing you clowns had any zeal left after your grueling 2 weeks zealously defending Michele Bachmann.

Who? You know, Bachmann, the girl in the race...brown hair, kind of short, Minnesota accent...comon now,

you must remember her...

It's amazing you clowns had any zeal left after your grueling 2 weeks zealously defending Michele Bachmann.

Who? You know, Bachmann, the girl in the race...brown hair, kind of short, Minnesota accent...comon now,

you must remember her...

Why are you so surprised that a thread about Mr Cain would actually discuss Mr Cain?
(Aside from my minimum wage diversion of course)

you must remember her...

Why are you so surprised that a thread about Mr Cain would actually discuss Mr Cain?
(Aside from my minimum wage diversion of course)
Carbonated is afraid...only reason.

That is why I'd vote for Obama for another 4 years if it came down to this.

Oh sure, because we all know a community organizer is far more qualified for the Presidency -even after 3 years of seeing the man has zero leadership skills and actually has no idea HOW to be President.

The office of President requires executive SKILLS -something that is actually rare. Most people do not have them and cannot develop them -and Obama is living proof of that. I am frankly embarrassed by Obama's pathetic performance. He has no clue how the real world works, no clue on how our economy works and no clue how to LEAD. He has no leadership skills whatsoever. The man was THE single most unqualified Presidential candidate in over 100 years. But at least that time, people weren't stupid enough to actually elect the guy. THIS is what unqualified looks like. Floundering, rudderless and clueless.

The percentage of advisers past Presidents have had that actually worked in the real world, held real jobs, ran businesses, knew what it took to meet a payroll every two weeks no matter how business was actually doing, knew and understood who created jobs and what could interfere or encourage that -has been pretty consistent in the 45-50% range regardless of that President's party affiliation.

Until Obama. Only 8% of Obama advisers have EVER worked in the private sector or ever held a real job. His advisers are political cronies and hacks and people from academia -no one with real world experience and no one who knows what the fuck they are talking about. Which is why the best Obama could come up with for his re-election strategy is ANOTHER USELESS SPENDING SPREE doing the exact same thing we already know did not work and cannot work. So only a moron liberal ignorant about the real world would insist that the best solution is to do it again for half the amount and return to spending money no one has on USELESS BULLSHIT that won't do a damn thing. When it comes to economic issues, none of his advisers know any more about it than Obama -and that is "not a fucking thing". They don't know what they are talking about, they don't know what they are doing, they don't have a clue where to find the kind of expert help they so desperately need and instead continue to turn to ONLY people just like themselves who are just as clueless. THIS is what it looks like when you elect an UNQUALIFIED person and allow him to use it as an entry level job where we get to find out at a later date the man lacks the BASIC executive skills necessary to even do the damn job. Do you understand what I mean by possessing the skills just to do the job? I'm not talking about political issues -I'm talking about HOW to do the job itself. It isn't an entry level job where he will undergo a training period and be on probation for the first six months -but one that requires EXTENSIVE executive skills the second he walks into the job.

You people yap about whether Cain is qualified or not because you have this STUPID belief that really its a job best held by politicians who have held unrelated elected office for a matter of months -or lawyers of all people. What arrogance -it doesn't require a law degree to be an elected representative and certainly NEVER required to be an effective President. Frankly if I were going to amend the Constitution I would restrict the number of them that could serve at the same time in government because I think no one group has harmed this nation as much as LAWYERS have. Do you know what lawyers DO? Think they are something special, it means they are automatically smarter than others or something? Sorry to burst that bubble but I have several lawyers in my family and not a one of them are ever considered among the smartest people in the family. We have more lawyers per capita than any other nation on the planet -which SHOULD tell you just how damn easy it is to become one! I consider being a lawyer a MINUS in a candidate. The job of the General Solicitor is to tell the President about relevant laws when he is trying to come up with policy positions or wants to submit his own bill to Congress. Its the job of THAT lawyer to know and research all the relevant laws and make sure a President's bill or policy position conforms with the law. The President doesn't need to personally know all relevant laws himself -the White House has its own attorney for that! So NO, being a lawyer is NOT a plus when it comes to the Presidency and is NOT necessary whatsoever. On top of which, the overwhelming vast majority of lawyers posses no executive skills either. NOT necessary at all to be an effective lawyer. Con artist skills, yes -executive skills? No. Being elected to a job in one branch of government NEVER makes someone qualified to hold office in ANOTHER branch of government -these are NOT interchangeable jobs that require the same set of skills which is why they are totally different branches! Historically Senators have made some of our very worst Presidents. For a reason. And just think -Obama didn't even hold the job of Senator long enough for anyone to know if he could even do THAT job effectively! The man was so grossly UNQUALIFIED but his supporters believed he needed nothing but his skin color to be a good President -because get real, no one in their right mind would have voted for such an unqualified WHITE man.

The people with a proven track record of possessing the BASIC skills that are necessary just to do the job are 1.) governors -governors have to deal with nearly the identical issues a President will minus foreign affairs which all Presidents must learn on the job plus the individual issues of that state. Doesn't matter what state they come from or whether it is a large or small state. One governor could walk into the job of another in a state on the other side of the country, go from small state to large and still find the job is nearly identical to their own and they only need to learn the issues specific just to that state that may be different from his/her own. And 2.) career executive officers of any large company and successful business owners.

The things that will NEVER tell you whether someone possesses the basic executive skills needed just to do the job -good speaking skills, speech-making or writing skills, good debate skills, quips, one-liners, well made attack ads, previous job of waiter, used car salesman, a law degree, Senator or Congressman.

The reason Herman Cain is actually totally qualified for the office of President is first of all he possesses the skills necessary to just do the job -he has a proven track record of excellent executive skills -and most importantly, knows being an executive does NOT mean he is instantly an expert on EVERYTHING but knows how to go about finding those who are. A very common mistake of unqualified people or those who overestimate their own intelligence is the ASININE assumption that merely being elected President instantly means he knows how to do ANY job better than those who have been doing it all their lives when it means no such thing. Cain is an expert on being a LEADER with a prove track record of that and he is FAR more knowledgeable about what government can do to encourage or discourage job creation and economic growth. He has definite opinions about the direction he would try to take the country and many of those positions actually make a great deal of sense and many have already been proven to be effective in the past. He has no problem admitting that does not mean he is an instant expert on EVERYTHING because NO ONE is. Heard Obama admit that? Ever? Because Obama was no expert on ANYTHING before getting elected and that hasn't changed. HE has a proven track of being an INEFFECTIVE PRESIDENT with no clue what the hell is even going on and is clearly in over his head. Cain is starting to gather quite a collection of some of the top experts in their fields as advisers -and it shows in his improved debate performances, his proposed policy positions that now extend beyond the economy. There really is a reason Cain won the straw poll in Florida and trying to write him off as a "protest vote" makes no sense. His speech in Florida was impressive stuff that resonated with a lot of people because he appealed to their COMMON SENSE. And true leaders do exactly that. While Obama can only appeal to his own base's sense of entitlement and hatred of the successful.

Cain is far more qualified for the job than Obama EVER was and its a bad joke on the nation that he was elected with the pathetic resume he brought to the table. The idea that if Cain, who is actually far more qualified for the job than Obama ever was, gets the nomination you would vote for Obama can only make sense to a moron. It must be because you LIKE high unemployment, you LIKE having an impending financial crisis from an out of control government that refuses to stop its spending spree with Obama demanding we spend even more money no one has even while KNOWING where it will lead, you LIKE economists warning we are likely to fall into another recession BECAUSE of what our government is doing -and you just don't think 9.2% unemployment is high enough yet, don't think 20% unemployment among blacks is high enough yet and certainly don't think 50% unemployment among black teens is high enough yet.

Oh sure, voting for that moron Obama again just makes ALL kinds of sense in that case. I, on the other hand have had enough of it all and if Cain wins the nomination -I'll vote for him in a heartbeat. Really there wouldn't be much of a choice about it at all.

Last edited:
Just because Cain ran a pizza joint do not mean he is capable of running the U.S. Government.

Cain is perfectly capable of ‘running’ the government; it would be his judicial appointment that would be a disaster, not to mention other administrative posts.

Of course, Muslims need not apply…

Liberal Dictionary:
====================================
Disaster - good for the country.

There's much to like about Hermann Cain. But he needs to do two things:

(1) Become governor of a state and gain meaningful executive office experience

(2) Drop the anti-Muslim silliness

He already has more "executive office experience" than Obama.

Funny? Most Terrorists in the world happen to be Muslim and subscribe to Sharia Law...How odd...that the ones that get caught plotting against US are... WHY he should make light of that fact?

What a bigot he must be...Odd he should agree with BUSH about it too?

Automatically disqualified...right?
Like this speech by Bush?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygTbwGrTELc&feature=related]George W Bush Islam is Not Terrorism.flv - YouTube[/ame]

We tried Elmer Fudd, now we want Bugs Bunny.
Daffy is definitely OUT.

He is busy at the moment

Daffy.gif

First, it's not Pizza joint, but a National Pizza Corporation that furnished Herman Cain with a helluva lot more Private Sector Business knowledge than a Community Organizer (i.e. Rabble Rouser), an employess of a FBI criminally indicted Scam Operation, ACORN, specializing in Voter Fraud. With a fellow employee and irrefutable friend Billy Ayers who is an unrepentant, homicidal Commie Terrorist from whose home Obama kicked off his Senatorial Career.

To add to Obama's shady past, Obama rose with lightening speed thru the ranks of the most notorious of all of the Corrupt Political Machines of our Nation: The Chicago Political Machine known to all as the home of Commies and Mafiosa.

So, Lilollady, go back to your rocking chair, but first stick your bullshit, together with your knitting, up your arse.

Forum List

Back