PIZZA JOINT vs. U.S. GOVERNMENT.

Just because Cain ran a pizza joint do not mean he is capable of running the U.S. Government. If that was so the president of Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, Safeway, Wal-Mart, Krispy Kream Donut and Donald Trump can run the government. That’s just like saying Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse can run Disney Land and Junior can run the city play ground. Cain running the U.S. Government? Hell no. He encourage people to buy God Father's Pizza. Big deal. Any naked woman would sell more.
I nerver buy God Father Pizzas, I buy 5$ Little Ceasar.

Almost all of the Godfather's Pizzas have closed.
Because they have pretty bad expensive pizza.

Thanks for your ignorance.. Gives me an opportunity to look up ole Herman's bio..

Herman Cain (born December 13, 1945) is an American businessman, politician, columnist, and radio host from Georgia. He is the former chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza and a former deputy chairman (1992–94) and chairman (1995–96) of the board of directors to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. Before his business career he worked as a mathematician in ballistics as a civilian employee of the United States Navy.[2][3] Cain's newspaper column is distributed by North Star Writers Group. He lives in the Atlanta suburbs, where he also serves as a minister at Antioch Baptist Church North.

After completing his master's degree from Purdue, Cain left the Department of the Navy and began working for The Coca-Cola Company as a business analyst. In 1977, he joined Pillsbury where he rose to the position of Vice President by the early 1980s. He left his executive post to work for Burger King – a Pillsbury subsidiary at the time – managing 400 stores in the Philadelphia area. Under Cain's leadership, his region went from the least profitable for Burger King to the most profitable in three years. This prompted Pillsbury to appoint him President and CEO of Godfather's Pizza, another of their then-subsidiaries. Within 14 months, Cain had returned Godfather's to profitability. In 1988, Cain and a group of investors bought Godfather's from Pillsbury. Cain continued as CEO until 1996, when he resigned to become CEO of the National Restaurant Association – a trade group and lobby organization for the restaurant industry – where he had previously been chairman concurrently with his role at Godfather's.[10]

Cain became a member of the board of directors to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in 1992 and served as its chairman from January 1995 to August 1996, when he resigned to become active in national politics.[11] Cain was a 1996 recipient of the Horatio Alger Award.[12]

Cain was on the board of directors of Aquila, Inc. from 1992 to 2008, and also served as a board member for Nabisco, Whirlpool, Reader's Digest, and AGCO, Inc.[13][14]

Let's see Director of KC Federal Reserve Bank. Book author, mathematician, Vice President of Pillsbury. Board of Directors for 4 or 5 major companies, CEO of the Nat. Restaurant Assn.. Looks like a real prob for you leftists supporting a dude who was a "community organizer" with a fairly unknown work record before being emmaculated as President of YouNited States of Ammerica....

What kind of political hack (with all due respect to your age and all) stooge --- goes and starts a thread like this with NO KNOWLEDGE of the subject??? OOOOh a leftist one..

Now if Barack Hussein Obama had such an impressive RESUME?

I guess to the Statists here on the board and Obama? Herman worked for the enemy otherwise known as the Private Sector!

Wow. Cain was a US Navy ballistics mathematician, ran numerous private businesses to success, led a Federal Reserve Bank.........

but, but, but, but.........but Obama sat with a bunch of Harvard Law professors and talked about how the world SHOULD work!!!!!!!!!!!!

After working as a civilian analyst for the U.S. Navy, Cain worked in the early 1970s for the Coca-Cola Company and then joined Pillsbury in 1977, where he worked his way up to the position of vice president. He had great success running hundreds of Burger King restaurants (at the time a subsidiary of Pillsbury), and Pillsbury made him president of their Godfather's Pizza chain in 1986. He and a team of investors managed a buyout in 1988, and he joined the National Restaurant Association's board that same year. Cain resigned his post at Godfather's in 1996 to act as the Association's full-time president and to work as an economic adviser to the unsuccessful Republican candidates for president and vice president, Bob Dole and Jack Kemp.

Read more: Herman Cain: Biography from Answers.com

Interesting he did not build up godfathers he was assigned to run it and it already existed.

And he was a lobbyist for the National Restaurant Association. I am sure he lobbied against raising the minimum wage.
He in other words? SAVED IT.

Now can Obama claim such a feat?

Of course not. He said that when he was working in his book Dreams From My Father? He said he was in enemy territory. Real work and sweat outside a golf course and playing hoops bothered him immensely. (That is when he wasn't attending the wrong Revererend Wrights sermons...and shit disturbing on the streets of Chicago as a Community Organizer).

Just because Cain ran a pizza joint do not mean he is capable of running the U.S. Government. If that was so the president of Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, Safeway, Wal-Mart, Krispy Kream Donut and Donald Trump can run the government. That’s just like saying Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse can run Disney Land and Junior can run the city play ground. Cain running the U.S. Government? Hell no. He encourage people to buy God Father's Pizza. Big deal. Any naked woman would sell more.

We tried Elmer Fudd, now we want Bugs Bunny.

After working as a civilian analyst for the U.S. Navy, Cain worked in the early 1970s for the Coca-Cola Company and then joined Pillsbury in 1977, where he worked his way up to the position of vice president. He had great success running hundreds of Burger King restaurants (at the time a subsidiary of Pillsbury), and Pillsbury made him president of their Godfather's Pizza chain in 1986. He and a team of investors managed a buyout in 1988, and he joined the National Restaurant Association's board that same year. Cain resigned his post at Godfather's in 1996 to act as the Association's full-time president and to work as an economic adviser to the unsuccessful Republican candidates for president and vice president, Bob Dole and Jack Kemp.

Interesting he did not build up godfathers he was assigned to run it and it already existed.

And he was a lobbyist for the National Restaurant Association. I am sure he lobbied against raising the minimum wage.
Approximately 2% of the labor force works for minimum wage, probably half of that group is under 24. Raising the minimum wage is a waste of time as it mostly affects teenagers, not household providers. Feel free to back off on that argument.

We tried Elmer Fudd, now we want Bugs Bunny.
Daffy is definitely OUT.

Approximately 2% of the labor force works for minimum wage, probably half of that group is under 24. Raising the minimum wage is a waste of time as it mostly affects teenagers, not household providers. Feel free to back off on that argument.
And it gives the UNIONS an excuse to RAISE thier wages.

He's substantially underqualified, that's for sure. He also lacks the basic knowledge of civics necessary to assume the awesome responsibility of head of the Executive branch of the United States.

Herman Cain confuses Constitution with Declaration of Independence*|*Raw Replay

They hate when you point things like this out. Then they come back with well Obama blah blah...

Obama taught constitutional law classes...this guy is a businessman. Period. You think he will be ALL about business if he was actually (shudder) as president?

Cane said he doesnt know much about foreign policy either. That is some scary shit right there.

Cain's certainly the smartest person in the Republican field, and while I disagree with him he probably brings the most informed opinions - except his odd anti-Muslim bent.

But I'm happy to report he stands zero chance in the Republican primary.

He's substantially underqualified, that's for sure. He also lacks the basic knowledge of civics necessary to assume the awesome responsibility of head of the Executive branch of the United States.

Herman Cain confuses Constitution with Declaration of Independence*|*Raw Replay

They hate when you point things like this out. Then they come back with well Obama blah blah...

Obama taught constitutional law classes...this guy is a businessman. Period. You think he will be ALL about business if he was actually (shudder) as president?

Cane said he doesnt know much about foreign policy either. That is some scary shit right there.
Obama taught ZERO. He gave lectures on something he continues to SUBVERT and needs to be called upon.

You want to try again...

Many Adults Rely on the Minimum Wage as a Living Wage

Contrary to popular opinion, the average worker affected by an increase in the minimum wage is not just a teenager flipping hamburgers. Only one in fourteen is a teenage student from a family with above average earnings.

The fact is, almost two-thirds of minimum wage workers are adults, and four in ten are the sole bread winner of their family.
The Case for Raising the Minimum Wage

I think the united states department of labor knows more about this than you do. Nothing personal.

Last edited:

And it gives the UNIONS an excuse to RAISE thier wages.

Key word being EXCUSE, not reason. Union jobs pay above and beyond minimum wage as do 98% of all jobs.
I've never settled for minimum wage and I've been employed since I was 13 years old.
I've never been in a union either, why the heck should I settle for what some union boss thinks I am worth? I've done just fine negotiating salary and benefits on my own.

You want to try again...

Contrary to popular opinion, the average worker affected by an increase in the minimum wage is not just a teenager flipping hamburgers. Only one in fourteen is a teenage student from a family with above average earnings.

The fact is, almost two-thirds of minimum wage workers are adults, and four in ten are the sole bread winner of their family.
So did Herman when he entered the workforce...guess what he did? Does the word work or SWEAT make any sense?

You want to try again...

I think the united states department of labor knows more about this than you do. Nothing personal.
Your link, Zona
This document was prepared in early 1996 to outline the case for raising the minimum wage. It outlines who earns the minimum wage and answers questions about the likely impact of raising the minimum.
1996? Are you serious?
Lets take that up by 10 years to 2006 (same source, US Department of Labor)
Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2006
Together, these 1.7 million workers with wages at or below the minimum made up 2.2 percent of all hourly-paid workers.

Minimum wage workers tend to be young. About half of workers earning $5.15 or less were under age 25, and about one-fourth of workers earning at or below the minimum wage were age 16-19.

Zona, do you still want to argue what I said?

Last edited:

You want to try again...

Your link, Zona
This document was prepared in early 1996 to outline the case for raising the minimum wage. It outlines who earns the minimum wage and answers questions about the likely impact of raising the minimum.
1996? Are you serious?
Lets take that up by 10 years to 2006 (same source, US Department of Labor)
Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2006
Together, these 1.7 million workers with wages at or below the minimum made up 2.2 percent of all hourly-paid workers.

Minimum wage workers tend to be young. About half of workers earning $5.15 or less were under age 25, and about one-fourth of workers earning at or below the minimum wage were age 16-19.

Zona, do you still want to argue what I said?

Sure...were did you get 2.2 in 2011..lets go with 2010..

Minimum wage workers tend to be young. Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly-paid workers, they made up about half of those paid the Federal minimum wage or less. Among employed teenagers paid by the hour, about 25 percent earned the minimum wage or less, compared with about 4 percent of workers age 25 and over. (See table 1 and table 7.)

About 7 percent of women paid hourly rates had wages at or below the prevailing Federal minimum, compared with about 5 percent of men. (See table 1.)

Hey Zona, now do you see why us on the right advocate young people to abstain from sex to avoid having a kid when they are 15, and staying in school and getting a diploma so they can get a job that pays MORE than minimum wage?

MW jobs are for teenagers to get experience in the workforce, NOT for raising families. So they either need to A) Not have a family at age 15, or B) Dont screw up enough to end up working for minimum wage at age 35.

If you fail at A and B, well, we aren't obligated to help you.

Funny? Most Terrorists in the world happen to be Muslim and subscribe to Sharia Law...How odd...that the ones that get caught plotting against US are... WHY he should make light of that fact?

What a bigot he must be...Odd he should agree with BUSH about it too?

Automatically disqualified...right?

Forum List

Back