picnic/brown bag/etc--UMichigan deems these words evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
..I told you these KIDS that protest for BLM don't know shit about real life--just don't know shit
''Words Matter Task Force'''!!!! these kids have too much time on their hands.....as you can see, they and blacks make up crap about things being offensive/etc

'''''''Phrases deemed offensive include 'native' and 'sanity check''''''''
etc

Censorship and Thought Crimes are how Tyrants come to power and maintain their power.
Congratulations Democrats.
You are following in the footsteps of some of history's most evil regimes.

..I told you these KIDS that protest for BLM don't know shit about real life--just don't know shit
''Words Matter Task Force'''!!!! these kids have too much time on their hands.....as you can see, they and blacks make up crap about things being offensive/etc

etc

Conservatives get so easily upset over the most ridiculous non-issues.

etc

Conservatives get so easily upset over the most ridiculous non-issues.
hahhahahahhahahaha
you fked up
where do you get upset at!!!!!??? I ENJOY pointing out your/etc idiocy

etc

Remember when some loser teenager got some other losers to sign an online petition to force Trader Joe's to remove some "racist" food labels?

Well, Trader Joe's told them to go to blank.

So far I have noticed that Trader Joe's has not backed down.

Bravo!

1608824306690.png

While I am generally opposed to anything that would limit the First Amendment, having actually taken the time to read the article and consider the list, I see only six instances with which I could agree or at least understand.

1 - crack the whip (agree)
2 - gypped (understand, though I'm not sure how prevalent it is these days)
3 - honey, sweetheart, sweetie (understand, it's just a tad condescending)
4 - master/slave (agree, but I'm not sure what to do about all those cylinders...)
5 - off the reservation (understand, but I like the term, might be possible to persuade me to agree...)
6 - sold down the river (agree, but again I'm not convinced it's a term widely in use these days)

Now, why not "low man on the totem pole?" Because the term is misused. The low man on the totem pole is a place of honor and strength.

Those from cultures that do not carve totem poles often assume that the linear representation of the figures places the most importance on the highest figure, an idea that became pervasive in the dominant culture after it entered into mainstream parlance by the 1930s with the phrase "low man on the totem pole". However, Native sources either reject the linear component altogether, or reverse the hierarchy, with the most important representations on the bottom, bearing the weight of all the other figures, or at eye level with the viewer to heighten their significance.

Now, will any of this bullshit prevent me from using any of the above words or terms if I am currently using them? Nope. Do I think they should be banned from a college campus? Absofuckinglutely not. That's not what college should be about.

Liberalism is a virus that attacks and destroys the brain.

Forum List

Back