Photographer Loses Bid to Refuse Same-Sex Wedding Jobs

And the left complains that we conservatives tell them what they can do and not do.... the libs will come out defending this decision... the decision of a judge telling a photographer what they can photograph and not photograph.

Liberal hypocisy on display in 5...... 4.... 3.....2......

insert black wedding in place of same sex wedding.

still think the photographer can do whatever he wants?

how about a jewish wedding?

a christian wedding?

a muslim wedding?

have a restaurant? only want white people?

think you have the right to do that?

People have the right to run their business their own way. Those people who discriminate on any grounds are idiots. But they have the right to be an idiot. And, in all likelihood, they'd go bankrupt within a short time. I certainly would not use a restaurant, photographer or any other business that I knew used discriminatory business practices. Put the onus on society to deal with it.

it is the law in that state.
From the link:
"Under the state's Human Rights Act, it is discriminatory (and illegal) for "any person in any public accommodation to make a distinction in offering or refusing to offer its services" on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation and several other factors."

Isn't NM a red state?

Doesn't matter what color the state is. Who makes up the court IS what matters.

The government can fuck off telling me where and when and how I can work. Bad enough I have to be licensed so the bloodsuckers can profit from MY blood, sweat and tears.

What a set up. Why can't people just repect her religion and find another photographer? I like Gyros, and when my favorite gyro joint changed owners and the new owners treated me like a subhuman I found another gyro joint.

What a set up. Why can't people just repect her religion and find another photographer? I like Gyros, and when my favorite gyro joint changed owners and the new owners treated me like a subhuman I found another gyro joint.

rural areas often leave little choice of providers of services.
Just not enough volume.

I don't think there is a gyro shop in all of this county.

Yep I was wrong on NM being a red state.

But it is the law and it is a state issue. since I do not live there I have nothing to do with it.
so blame the rest of the nations liberals with your states issues.

Do any of you have an objection with States Rights here?

And the left complains that we conservatives tell them what they can do and not do.... the libs will come out defending this decision... the decision of a judge telling a photographer what they can photograph and not photograph.

a christian wedding?

a muslim wedding?

In general, those things are different than not shooting a wedding due to religious reasons. If, for religious reasons, I chose to not shoot a wedding, that isn't any business of the states.

And, I am a photographer, and I refuse work all the time based on my "morals".

Exactly.

I myself was wondering how this scenario would have played out had the photographer been gay and the couple Christians. If the gay photographer had refused to photograph the couple's wedding because of their religious beliefs, would we have heard about it? Somehow I doubt it. Move on and find another photographer. Get the word out about the jerk who refused to shoot your ceremony. Eventually they will suffer in the wallet.

From the link:
"Under the state's Human Rights Act, it is discriminatory (and illegal) for "any person in any public accommodation to make a distinction in offering or refusing to offer its services" on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation and several other factors."

Isn't NM a red state?

Yes, you are correct... it is the law... but it's a bad law.

But you are way off base on a red state.

So despite your wish that it isn't so... libs are legislating their morality on others.

There are currently 45 Democrats and 25 Republicans in the House of Representatives.

There are currently 27 Democrats and 15 Republicans in the Senate.

You do realize that the 1969 NM Human Rights Act was signed by a republican governor, right? The NM house at the time had 26 republicans and 44 democrats. The NM senate at the time had 17 republicans and 25 democrats. So, is this really liberals legislating their morality or is it a compromise between democrats and republicans?

Exactly.

I myself was wondering how this scenario would have played out had the photographer been gay and the couple Christians. If the gay photographer had refused to photograph the couple's wedding because of their religious beliefs, would we have heard about it? Somehow I doubt it. Move on and find another photographer. Get the word out about the jerk who refused to shoot your ceremony. Eventually they will suffer in the wallet.

You mean all photographers are NOT gay?

From the link:

Isn't NM a red state?

So despite your wish that it isn't so... libs are legislating their morality on others.

There are currently 45 Democrats and 25 Republicans in the House of Representatives.

You do realize that the 1969 NM Human Rights Act was signed by a republican governor, right? The NM house at the time had 26 republicans and 44 democrats. The NM senate at the time had 17 republicans and 25 democrats. So, is this really liberals legislating their morality or is it a compromise between democrats and republicans?

My guess is a weak Governor.

that arguement circles the drain and is flushed away with the fact that we have a congressional black caucus that forbids white membership, the whole arguement is racist and hypocritical.

honey... thanks for the non-response.

now let's get someone rational to answer?

anyone?

sweetie, what exactly was un rational about my response.. truth too much to bear?

this post requires some splaining :confused:

what do you expect he was a Republican?

what do you expect he was a Republican?

Without researching, I am betting he got voted out since then... of course... I could be wrong.

So if I go to a vegetarian restaurant... they have to serve me meat or I can sue?

As a smoker, I can smoke in a restaurant?

You libs restrict way more freedoms than do conservatives.

So if I go to a vegetarian restaurant... they have to serve me meat or I can sue?

As a smoker, I can smoke in a restaurant?

You libs restrict way more freedoms than do conservatives.

Do you have more of a right to smoke than someone else has the right to breath oxygen?

Do you have the right to throw your garbage on the side of the road?

a christian wedding?

a muslim wedding?

People have the right to run their business their own way.

NO they don't! Every business person MUST run their business in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which the business is located. Only someone with zero understanding of how businesses and laws work would even think that the owner of a business can just do whatever he pleases and the law be damned????

So DR's should not have to treat Gay people?

If anyone knows the inventor of the blood transfusion died when he was taken to a white hospital and was refused treatment.
He was black.

ahem.....:eusa_whistle:

Charles Drew died on April 1, 1950 when the automobile he was driving went out of control and turned over. Drew suffered extensive massive injuries but contrary to popular legend was not denied a blood transfusion by an all-White hospital - he indeed received a transfusion but was beyond the help of the experienced physicians attending to him.

I guess that would depend on your definition of weak. However, one thing is for sure, he was the sort of republican that voted for the 1964 civil rights act that the wingnuts are so fond of putting out there as evidence of their committment to civil rights.
So, does that make him weak?

David F. Cargo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who would want a photographer that didn't want to photograph you? You know the pictures would look like crap. Besides, gay photographers are probably the best anyway.

Forum List

Back