Photo of new House members - notice any differences between the two parties?

I don’t think I have ever called one an Uncle Tom.

Political parties don’t own a demographic and if they make that assumption it usually bites them in the elections.

On the other hand, what you call diversity became a joke this last election.

Opinion | Republicans Had One Black Woman in Congress. Now They Have None.

From proud Republican harbinger to sad Republican castaway — that’s the story of Representative Mia Love, who finally conceded her extraordinarily close House race on Monday.

It’s the story of her party, really. Of what it once realized about the future and how it slouched backward into the past. Of trading the elixir of hope for the toxin of fear.

It charts Republicans’ ugly drift under Donald Trump, who rooted for her defeat not only as the votes in Utah’s Fourth Congressional District were still being counted (“Mia Love gave me no love,” the president pouted) but with all that he said on the campaign trail and has done in the White House. Tacitly and explicitly, he has sown disdain for the likes of Love, a daughter of Haitian immigrants who, in 2014, became the first black Republican woman ever elected to either chamber of Congress.

She remains the only one. When she leaves at the end of this congressional session, there will be just two black Republican men — one in the House and one in the Senate.

And it must be because of skin color and not their views or record on things.

View attachment 231726

As I stated earlier, I don't have the time to do the research, but I would be willing to bet that the minorities that represent the Democrat party are from predominately minority areas. Minority areas are all Democrat, so why is it so shocking that people from minority areas pick representatives of their own race?

Actually I didn’t say it is BECAUSE of skin color, I have said it is in their message. They aren’t attracting many minorities. They aren’t electing many minorities. And they just got whiter and more male.

Why?

I just explained it do you, but I guess I need to go further.

Middle-class, upper-middle-class and wealthy areas are likely Republican and also likely white. Shit holes, lower income areas, blighted areas are minority.

How do the Republicans get a minority representative from white areas when there are few minorities there? That's like saying the people in Harlem are racist because they never forward a white representative. It's a ridiculous accusation.

View attachment 231737

Point being that race is not the reason for so few minorities in the GOP. It's the fact there are not many minorities in GOP areas. More importantly is the fact that Republicans elect people based on their positions, policies and history. Democrats elect people based on gender or skin color. This was never more evident than the election of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez. Dumb as a bag of rocks, but she is now in the position of power based on her race.
So why are the Republicans incapable of crafting an inclusive essage that appeals to minorities both as candidates and voters?

Is because they have nothing to offer them beyond referring to them as the "parasite class"?

Good lord..you lost Mia Love and are keft with only 2 black men in Congress. Surely that should be a wake up call that has little to do with brainwashing unless you truely believe people are just stupid.

And I will point out the Dems are in danger of making the mistakes if they arent carefull...in excluding conservative Democrats.

McCaskill Blames Senate Defeat On Democratic 'Failure' With Rural America

Why is it you on the left believe that our government should make special accommodations for certain people? What’s wrong with the Republican message of trying to do what’s good for all or most Americans?

“Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”
John F Kennedy 1961

“Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you.”
Liberal America 2018

I believe one of the reasons we are such a divided country is because everybody is looking out for themselves instead of looking out for the country overall. Looking for government to hand out goodies at the expense of others creates this dichotomy that can never be dissolved.

Government is not Santa Clause.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Maybe your message isnt for all people. Otherwise you would have more diversity.

"Sounds like you are labeling anyone who isn’t a white male a parasite."

You did it right there.

By the way, hearing a statement about parasites versus people who work and pay taxes, and automatically assuming that it means "non-white versus white" is also very racist of you. Bri never said or implied that non-white people don't work and pay taxes, but YOU did.

Glad I could help.
Wait...we are talking about diversity in the Dems, it's lack in the Pubs, a party known for being predomanently white and male ...and and Bri makes a comment about the parasite class in a diversity thread and it has nothing to do with race? :cuckoo: :lmao:

Keep on pretending.

Who's "we", Sparkles? The conversation I'M reading is about you treating non-whites and women as though they're interchangeable tokens, and then being ridiculed when you try to congratulate yourself on how "inclusive" your bigotry is.

The “we” Spunky, is those discussing the thread topic (did you miss that post? It is the first one in the thread if you need to go back and check).

Diversity in political party...what you refer to as tokens might just be people turned off by the Republican’s “inclusive” messaging. However you spin it, the end result is the same....in this election, Democrats empowered a diverse array of candidates who won and the Republicans emerged whiter and more testosterone infused.

Why is that?
<YAWN!>

Accusing Republicans of racism is the Democrat stock in trade.
So to cut through the strawman you keep tossing into the fray...why arent the Republicans attracting, electing ans retaining a diverse array of people?
Republicans don't pander to race as Democrats do. We treat everyone as equals.

It sounds like you pulling the sleazy leftwing tactic of accusing anyone you disagree with of being a racist.
Where have I said anything about race or racism? A tad touchy are you?

You did it right there.

By the way, hearing a statement about parasites versus people who work and pay taxes, and automatically assuming that it means "non-white versus white" is also very racist of you. Bri never said or implied that non-white people don't work and pay taxes, but YOU did.

Glad I could help.
Wait...we are talking about diversity in the Dems, it's lack in the Pubs, a party known for being predomanently white and male ...and and Bri makes a comment about the parasite class in a diversity thread and it has nothing to do with race? :cuckoo: :lmao:

Keep on pretending.

Who's "we", Sparkles? The conversation I'M reading is about you treating non-whites and women as though they're interchangeable tokens, and then being ridiculed when you try to congratulate yourself on how "inclusive" your bigotry is.

The “we” Spunky, is those discussing the thread topic (did you miss that post? It is the first one in the thread if you need to go back and check).

Diversity in political party...what you refer to as tokens might just be people turned off by the Republican’s “inclusive” messaging. However you spin it, the end result is the same....in this election, Democrats empowered a diverse array of candidates who won and the Republicans emerged whiter and more testosterone infused.

Why is that?

The question, Brain Trust, is because your belief about what you're talking about differs wildly from what you're actually saying. Did YOU miss that incredibly clear statement? It was right after the question in the post you just responded to, so maybe you need to wake up and learn to understand English.

Your little attempts to be snarky and superior would work better if they didn't ignore THE ACTUAL WORDS OF THE POSTS.

What you call "diversity in political party" is nothing like real diversity, and most certainly isn't inclusivity by any stretch of the imagination. You can lecture me about morally correct behavior the moment you stop seeing people as skin color and reproductive organs, and nothing else. Until then, you have nothing to say and not a shred of respectability or credibility to say it with.

Democrats empowered an incredible narrow line of candidates who all think with the same none-too-bright brain, but come in a widely-colored array of masks to convince idiots like you that they aren't all the same person deep down. Again, you can talk to me about "diversity" when your party shows some FOR REAL instead of just playing at it. Call me when the Democrats even run, let alone elect, a pro-life candidate.

Sounds like you are labeling anyone who isn’t a white male a parasite.
It sounds like you pulling the sleazy leftwing tactic of accusing anyone you disagree with of being a racist.
Where have I said anything about race or racism? A tad touchy are you?
You dared question them. That makes you scum in many of their eyes.
The fact that she automatically accuses people she disagrees with of racism is what makes you and her scum.

You referred to diversity as a parasite class, kind of hard to dodge that.

It's easy to dodge that when that was said by the voices in your otherwise-empty head, not by Bri. Contrary to what you leftists think, we are not obligated to defend your delusions of who we are and what we think.

Do us all a favor and stop trying to "know" things on your own. You're obviously in over your head where that's concerned. Do not fling accusations of racism at people based on your "knowing" that "parasite class" means "minorities".

I don't even have to ask Bri to know that when he says, "Parasite class", he's talking about anyone and everyone who leeches off of others, whatever their color is. I also don't have to ask him to know that you may be whiter than Elizabeth Warren, but you're still included in that grouping.

It only means minorities to YOU, because YOU think that way about race. And no one else is responsible for that.

You did it right there.

Glad I could help.

Keep on pretending.

Why is that?
<YAWN!>

Accusing Republicans of racism is the Democrat stock in trade.
So to cut through the strawman you keep tossing into the fray...why arent the Republicans attracting, electing ans retaining a diverse array of people?

So to cut through the undeserved self-congratulation, why are Democrats still thinking that skin color is important; indeed, the ONLY important thing about people?

Bean counting again!
Don't have a number for this party that "welcomes" all?

Pretty sure it's that numbers aren't compatible with inclusivity. How much are you really "including" people if you're categorizing and pigeonholing them?

So why does their “inclusive” party reflect an overwelmingly white male Christian face?

Because a lot of people have been brainwashed into supporting the Democrats against their own best interests.

Just because you welcome people doesn't mean they all accept it. And since we're not Democrats, we don't have the option of bullying and bribing them; we have to stick to educating and trusting them to choose freely.

Meanwhile, if you think we're going to apologize for the "crime" of allowing white people to run for office just like they're real humans with rights, you're crazier than I currently think you are.

So you are claiming they are too stupid to know who to vote for?

That is a new excuse.

No, it isn't. Leftists have been making that claim about conservative voters for as long as I've been following politics. Would you like me to link you to posts exactly like that on this very message board?

And no, I didn't say they were stupid. That's all you. I said they've been brainwashed to believe something that isn't true. Even the Democrat Party and leftist leaders don't deny that they've gone to a great deal of effort to do exactly that, so it's a little late in the game to try to come over all innocent and bewildered about it.

View attachment 231726

As I stated earlier, I don't have the time to do the research, but I would be willing to bet that the minorities that represent the Democrat party are from predominately minority areas. Minority areas are all Democrat, so why is it so shocking that people from minority areas pick representatives of their own race?

Actually I didn’t say it is BECAUSE of skin color, I have said it is in their message. They aren’t attracting many minorities. They aren’t electing many minorities. And they just got whiter and more male.

Why?

Middle-class, upper-middle-class and wealthy areas are likely Republican and also likely white. Shit holes, lower income areas, blighted areas are minority.

How do the Republicans get a minority representative from white areas when there are few minorities there? That's like saying the people in Harlem are racist because they never forward a white representative. It's a ridiculous accusation.

View attachment 231737

Point being that race is not the reason for so few minorities in the GOP. It's the fact there are not many minorities in GOP areas. More importantly is the fact that Republicans elect people based on their positions, policies and history. Democrats elect people based on gender or skin color. This was never more evident than the election of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez. Dumb as a bag of rocks, but she is now in the position of power based on her race.
So why are the Republicans incapable of crafting an inclusive essage that appeals to minorities both as candidates and voters?

Is because they have nothing to offer them beyond referring to them as the "parasite class"?

Good lord..you lost Mia Love and are keft with only 2 black men in Congress. Surely that should be a wake up call that has little to do with brainwashing unless you truely believe people are just stupid.

And I will point out the Dems are in danger of making the mistakes if they arent carefull...in excluding conservative Democrats.

Why is it you on the left believe that our government should make special accommodations for certain people? What’s wrong with the Republican message of trying to do what’s good for all or most Americans?

“Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”
John F Kennedy 1961

“Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you.”
Liberal America 2018

I believe one of the reasons we are such a divided country is because everybody is looking out for themselves instead of looking out for the country overall. Looking for government to hand out goodies at the expense of others creates this dichotomy that can never be dissolved.

Maybe your message isnt for all people. Otherwise you would have more diversity.

Let me put it this way:

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. - Matthew 7:13-14

Please note which side of the equation that puts leftism on.

This is a most amazing thread.

The GOP, running exclusively on policy and trying to educate people, cannot break through because, yeah, brain-washed. Because black and brown people are so stupid, they fall for the siren calls of "goodies", while white people are hard-working and mentally capable to resist the siren calls.

Of course, Democrats come in different colors, but are all the same, which is why there cannot be a pro-life Democrat.

Dan Lipinski, Democrat (Illinois 3), Co-chair of the Bi-partisan Congressional Pro-life Caucus.

And then the supporters of the increasingly alt-right, increasingly lily-white party, unable to find a policy to attract voters of color, let alone field candidates of color, in significant numbers, who think that diversity is a matter of skin color and plumbing, as opposed to wildly differing life circumstances for these groups, who think that the GOP fails in diverse counties and precincts because, inexplicably, these counties and precincts are Democratic (!), turn around and call everyone stupid and racist who takes them to account for their stupid racism.

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

View attachment 231726

Why?

View attachment 231737

John F Kennedy 1961

Liberal America 2018

What our message is is personal responsibility. Our message is anybody can be what they want because this is the greatest country on earth. Our message is that we are a nation of laws. Our message is to honor God over government. Our message is that financial success is within the individual, not the individuals name, race or gender.

Now how do we alter our messages to "attract" people of different races and the female gender? Is there a half-way point on any of our messages?

So what are the Democrat messages? You can't do anything in your life as a minority without our help. You'll never be anybody unless you're born on third base. Republicans are racist, sexist xenophobes. If you don't want to provide for yourself, government will provide for you, so sit back and relax. Wealthy people are put here so we all have somebody to hate. We need to disarm law abiding citizens to protect you. Police officers are pigs. The white officers only took the job as a reason to kill minorities. If you don't like your gender, simply change your attire and you can be the opposite gender.

This is a most amazing thread.

The GOP, running exclusively on policy and trying to educate people, cannot break through because, yeah, brain-washed. Because black and brown people are so stupid, they fall for the siren calls of "goodies", while white people are hard-working and mentally capable to resist the siren calls.

Of course, Democrats come in different colors, but are all the same, which is why there cannot be a pro-life Democrat.

Dan Lipinski, Democrat (Illinois 3), Co-chair of the Bi-partisan Congressional Pro-life Caucus.

And then the supporters of the increasingly alt-right, increasingly lily-white party, unable to find a policy to attract voters of color, let alone field candidates of color, in significant numbers, who think that diversity is a matter of skin color and plumbing, as opposed to wildly differing life circumstances for these groups, who think that the GOP fails in diverse counties and precincts because, inexplicably, these counties and precincts are Democratic (!), turn around and call everyone stupid and racist who takes them to account for their stupid racism.

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

Only thing "amazing" is how you leftists consistently jump right to "black and brown people are stupid". It's almost like you already think that about them, and can't comprehend anything else.

Forum List

Back