Pfizer Paid Doctors, Hospitals $35 Million

Great! Now hospitals and doctors can raise their fees after Pfizer and other drug companies are hounded into not paying these fees for study participation.

What we really need is for Henry Waxman to hold Congressional Hearings!

Last edited:
what's the actual point of this article? Pfizer broke the rules of marketing drugs for indications not approved of. ANd clinical trials costs lots and lots of money which help add to the great expense of drug development.

Cons must think pumping one's body with chemicals and pills is the corner stone of freedom...!

roflmao.gif

You tend you shoot your mouth off a lot, Denzel.

My grandfather was a doctor and was an innovator in developing products that aiding the human immune systems ability to fight infections, even cancer -- this was in the 1950's and 60's. I met an elderly women who, when she saw my last name, asked if I was related to Dr. C, and I told her i was his grandson, she told me he cured her.

Is there a happy ending to this story? Did my grandfather get to develop his products and become one of the titans of the pharmaceutical industry? Nope. The FDA crushed him.

Yeah, cause his product either wasn't proven safe or wasn't shown to be effective. That's their job, to make sure drugs to what is claimed and is as safe as possible to the patient

Cons must think pumping one's body with chemicals and pills is the corner stone of freedom...!

roflmao.gif

My grandfather was a doctor and was an innovator in developing products that aiding the human immune systems ability to fight infections, even cancer -- this was in the 1950's and 60's. I met an elderly women who, when she saw my last name, asked if I was related to Dr. C, and I told her i was his grandson, she told me he cured her.

Is there a happy ending to this story? Did my grandfather get to develop his products and become one of the titans of the pharmaceutical industry? Nope. The FDA crushed him.

FDA has been out of control for a long time. Neither side of the aisle is taking the time and effort to clean house at FDA. Too many people would have to give up those perks and payoffs to get the job done.

Alright, wouldn't be a thread without Rodishi's ignorance and conspiracy theories.Yeah, we shouldn't regulate drugs and let people die from the side effects:cuckoo:

HOw much you want to bet the anti-science Rodishi will benefit from FDA work in the future, if not already.

roflmao.gif

Dude, don't it get it twisted...I HATE the FDA with a passion, with all my guts I hate that organization. Nothing would please me more than to see that organization burned to the ground and all who are with them with it. With that said, I hate Big Pharma even more, because THEY are the reason why the FDA is so impotent.

Think McFly...THINK!!

You say think, but think about not having FDA. Look at the past prior to FDA people would die from contaminated foods, conned by people claiming their product cured them, people died from these types of things. Maybe you can explain to me why the FDA is impotent.

Dude, don't it get it twisted...I HATE the FDA with a passion, with all my guts I hate that organization. Nothing would please me more than to see that organization burned to the ground and all who are with them with it. With that said, I hate Big Pharma even more, because THEY are the reason why the FDA is so impotent.

Think McFly...THINK!!

You say think, but think about not having FDA. Look at the past prior to FDA people would die from contaminated foods, conned by people claiming their product cured them, people died from these types of things. Maybe you can explain to me why the FDA is impotent.
Or think about all the people who could have been cured by some drug that wasn't developed because FDA regs made it too expensive and time consuming.

Think McFly...THINK!!

Or think about all the people who could have been cured by some drug that wasn't developed because FDA regs made it too expensive and time consuming.

There is no better way, studies take time. Medication takes time to work, and you need to study the long term effects. Look how many whine and complain and sue sue sue when a drug's side effect is discovered.

Think about how many would die if there was no standard for determining efficacy and safety of the drug

Last edited:

There is no better way, studies take time. Medication takes time to work, and you need to study the long term effects. Look how many whine and complain and sue sue sue when a drug's side effect is discovered.

Think about how many would die if there was no standard for determining efficacy and safety of the drug

The choice is not between no standards and what we have now.
The drug has to be "proven effective" to be approved. that is a statistical measure. For every 1000 people some of them might be helped. But if that number isn't high enough the drug won't get approved. That leaves the people who might have been helped out in the cold. And others who would not have been would not be worse off.

Forum List

Back