Pew Poll: 6% of Scientists are Republicans

Doctors, engineers, and inventors are called "Democrats" or as 94% say, "Not Republicans". Thank you, thank you, thank you for your continued "support" for our "Democratic" scientists.

Where do we find "Republican Scientists"? It has to be "damp".

Scientist is the third most respected profession in the United States. The top two are "military and teacher". Two areas scientists support with their weapons and knowledge.

Somehow, I remember you ducking and dodging the question of how we were defining "scientists" for this poll, rather than establishing that it covered all practicing doctors, engineers, and inventors, so I will thank you not to assume you can now pretend that that's a settled fact. That only works on leftist droolers with five-minute memories.

Establish the facts, THEN declare them. Any REAL scientist would know that.

You wouldn't know a real scientist if he bit you on your evolved....

Well, he wouldn't be wandering around thinking that, "Only stupid people disbelieve in evolution" constitutes evidence that evolution is true. On the whole, I think I can distinguish a real scientist from a pretentious Internet poseur pretty well.

Somehow, I remember you ducking and dodging the question of how we were defining "scientists" for this poll, rather than establishing that it covered all practicing doctors, engineers, and inventors, so I will thank you not to assume you can now pretend that that's a settled fact. That only works on leftist droolers with five-minute memories.

Establish the facts, THEN declare them. Any REAL scientist would know that.

You wouldn't know a real scientist if he bit you on your evolved....

Well, he wouldn't be wandering around thinking that, "Only stupid people disbelieve in evolution" constitutes evidence that evolution is true. On the whole, I think I can distinguish a real scientist from a pretentious Internet poseur pretty well.

You don't even know what science is. Hey, please explain to me the "scientific method". Let me go get a bag of popcorn. This is going to be very entertaining.

Why doesn't this surprise me?
The majority of independents lean to the left. But, they are starting to move from the Obama camp

obama can't be re-elected without independents.

And no candidate who would satisfy the modern day American right can be elected, period.

obama can't be re-elected without independents.

And no candidate who would satisfy the modern day American right can be elected, period.

This is so true. The American right has managed to box itself in as it did through early and mid sixties.

It's the 'purist' syndrome. Kind of like a fly fisherman who scoffs at the guy with a zebco and a can of worms, even though he's the one catching the most fish.

6% of Scientists are Republicans.

How unsurprising :lol:

YouTube - 6% Of Scientist Are Republicans

Further stats:

55% Democrat
6% Republican
39% Independent

52% Liberal
14% Very Liberal
9% Conservative

Dear Brat,
As I ‘pen’ this letter, I am filled with the sadness that attends the dissolution of a relationship of such long standing.
So sorry, but I have found a new object of comic relief.

Biting my lower lip, I must confess that I have found one dumber, yea, even more immature, who has assumed the position from which I formerly believed you could not be shaken: target of choice. Therefore, I must save my singular contumely for the nascent buffoon, and leave the erstwhile.

To reveal my new candidate for champion in the annals of simpleton-posters, the new homunculus, the very apogee of Acedia, it is none other than rdean!

Yes, rdean: he effortlessly applies the kind of jejune cliché and puerile polemic for which I used to turn to you.
But, all bad things must come to an end.

Therefore I am no longer able to give you the attention that you so richly deserve- oh, wait…, I already give you the attention that you so richly deserve.

Adieu my little toad.

Further stats:

55% Democrat
6% Republican
39% Independent

52% Liberal
14% Very Liberal
9% Conservative

Dear Brat,
As I ‘pen’ this letter, I am filled with the sadness that attends the dissolution of a relationship of such long standing.

Biting my lower lip, I must confess that I have found one dumber, yea, even more immature, who has assumed the position from which I formerly believed you could not be shaken: target of choice. Therefore, I must save my singular contumely for the nascent buffoon, and leave the erstwhile.

To reveal my new candidate for champion in the annals of simpleton-posters, the new homunculus, the very apogee of Acedia, it is none other than rdean!

Yes, rdean: he effortlessly applies the kind of jejune cliché and puerile polemic for which I used to turn to you.

Therefore I am no longer able to give you the attention that you so richly deserve- oh, wait…, I already give you the attention that you so richly deserve.

Adieu my little toad.

Rather than spending valuable time showering unworthy me with unwanted attention, perhaps it would be time better spent learning something worthwhile that might even contribute to a sensible debate?
adieu

Further stats:

55% Democrat
6% Republican
39% Independent

52% Liberal
14% Very Liberal
9% Conservative

Dear Brat,

Adieu my little toad.

Rather than spending valuable time showering unworthy me with unwanted attention, perhaps it would be time better spent learning something worthwhile that might even contribute to a sensible debate?
adieu

Brilliant, rdean, just brilliant!

This is the reason why there are all those little hearts circling my head.

I wonder--how many of them were Libertarians?? I know a good number of those in mathematics

By the way--Medical Doctors are Scientists...

Last edited:
I'd love to see a serious study done on IQ and political beliefs (not parties, beliefs)

Bet your ass that would cause more fireworks than the BELL CURVE books did.

Anyone care to make wager on which self-identifying belief systems have the higher IQs?

How about which groups have the higher levels of formal education?

I think this was done before.....There was a very, very marked distinction between self identifyinan conservatives and self-identifying Libertarians(yes, libertarians) that suggested Iq and social liberalism is highly correlated, and economic not so..:eusa_whistle:

I know a Ph.d. in biology who is a creation scientist. She is also on a bunch of anti-psychotic meds.

I wonder if this means the other 94% don't have a clue as to what they're talking about?

No, it means that 6% of scientists are so dedicated, so focused and so insulated they have no idea that the Republican party is the party of mysticism and the occult.

Why would any reputable scientist knowingly be involved with a political party that is anti science? It's like Cindy McCain joining a club dedicated to prohibition.

Why doesn't this surprise me?
The majority of independents lean to the left. But, they are starting to move from the Obama camp

Opinion or a link?

There's a link...just google it.

Forum List

Back