Pet advice!

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
I am looking into getting a reptile. I was REALLY wanting an Iguana, but my mind has changed.. They just seem to get too damn big! SO I am thinking of a little lizard(a foot to 2 feet grown). I am really wanting something very calm and likes to just sit there and be lazy and pet.. Any ideas? DO you have any? Why do you like them?

Ew! That's not a pet, it's a varmint!

At our local pet store, the crickets are always getting out of their bin...so you go into the pet store, and there are crickets EVERYWHERE. Think, you'll get to deal with not only the reptile...but their attendant bugs!!

LOL!
The bugs will be kept outside.. Some lizards are vegetarians.. I really want a snake(pretty much to watch it eat mice lol) but the Roomie says NO lol.
I did buy my son a Beta fish during the weekend.. lol

Yea, I kinda got over it but.. lol
Plus there are soem young kids here. Also helpe don the decision of the Iguana

I would love to have a dog = Cant have them inside or outside (plus I have a hard time training them lol)
I would love to have a cat = Cant have them inside

I am looking into getting a reptile. I was REALLY wanting an Iguana, but my mind has changed.. They just seem to get too damn big! SO I am thinking of a little lizard(a foot to 2 feet grown). I am really wanting something very calm and likes to just sit there and be lazy and pet.. Any ideas? DO you have any? Why do you like them?

The Bearded Dragon, seems to be the best.
Types of Pet Lizards - 3 Types of Lizards that Make Good Pets

I have a pet red eared slider turtle.
But it is expensive and time consuming to keep them well and healthy, but to me it is well worth it. It is fun to watch them play.

Bearded dragon and the Uro are on our list! I really like the way Uros look and there are sooo many different breeds.
Turtles have not even been mentioned. They sound like they would be boring..

Geckos are nice...smart too

gecko.jpg

Hey congrats on the Beta! I'd run with a dwarf tegu. They're one of the most beautiful lizards and stay size wise in a range that is completely manageable.

And they're non aggressive. Here's a picture. And yes we've had many beasties. So we're pretty good at this.

And we've had some disasters on some of the ones we've adopted (screwing up is the way we learned like the time we tried to house train a baby possum. :lol: it wasn't a pretty experience) but we do know what has worked or hasn't worked for us.

tumblr_m7zovmSMFk1r9x8dno1_500.jpg

And swifts are nice too. Just drop dead gorgeous. My favorite were always emeralds.

Check this out.

Emerald%20Swift%20Being%20Held.jpg

TD, they just dont get as big as wanted.. and LOL @ your story!
Pretty picky about it, but why not? This is a long committment.. hopefully :)

Pets are for a persons enjoyment. Enjoyment varies with the person

Iguanas bet big and mean, and at some point, they will hurt you. If you are wanting a Lizard, I second the bearded dragon, and uromastix. I lean towards the beardi though. They tolerate handling better then other Lizards in my opinion, grow to an impressive size, but not HUGE, and are active enough to be entertaining. Of all the Lizards, bearded dragons are my favorite. Ill get my Son to clean his room, and send you some pics of his set up.

Forum List

Back