Personal damage

Do you trust any of the others? When speaking of trust, who can you trust in government? What candidate do you trust? Are any of them honest? Are all mere whores for the establishment? Does any of them sell their souls for personal gain? If we were to go by the trust factor, we'd scratch all of the candidates off our list and stay home on election day. People are making way too much out of this BS. They're blowing every single word and action way out of proportion. Remember, honesty and politics mix like water and oil. When it comes to something as petty as the phone number, fugetaboutit.

Sure, I understand you point and I also think you wrote it really, really well, Sonny Clark. You have a gift for clarity and friendliness toward people with differing opinions, something I really, really appreciate.

That being said, there is going to be a presidential election in less than 16 months, all the while we have lots of ongoing problems to sort out, and someone is going to get elected.

Would you want Donald Trump as president? I wouldn't.

And you know, giving out a political opponent's private cell number is not the end of the world. But it does beg the question: if the Don will stoop this low, how much farther will he stoop?

Can anyone here, even in his wildest dreams, have imagined Ronald Reagan giving out Bush 41s private home (landline) number on TV in 1979-1980? Would any candidate have even dared to think of doing something like that?

Now you want to harken back to the good old days?
Dont think I've ever heard that from a progressive...
What do you mean?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

I'd say my message was pretty clear.

and the one Graham gave Trump was obviously a private number.

But, now it isn't, is it?

Why is that obvious? If I give you my burner number and have an actual message for me, you will call and hear my voice saying to leave a message. My admin will listen to the message, decide it's legit and give me the message. I'll call you back. How would you know it wasn't actually the private number that I uses?
a 'burner' number?

He's asking someone, a billionaire at that, to help him get a job, and he gives him a 'burner number'?

hahahahhahahaha

Absolutely. Why would he give Trump the number he gives to his family and buds he wants to actually talk to? And again, how would Trump ever know?

Because he would want the call to come directly to him?

Because he wouldn't want some subordinate taking the message he was looking for a job?

any of 100 other reasons?

Considering the number Trump outted is the one Graham carries, odds are VERY good it isn't a 'burner'.

How do you know it's the number Graham "carries?" Do you know if Trump ever called Graham and he actually answered?

Lindsey Graham s phone is still ringing. Now Kelly Ayotte s kids are answering. - The Washington Post

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I agree Chris, the only way you can is be bought or a billionaire and not care, that's why people are starting to like trump, he is pissing everyone off and the average hard working man with no voice is loving it. After Bush Jr. And Obama who could be worse?

Just like all the liars, he is going to say what he knows you want to hear. Once he is "in" doesn't matter anymore. He got what he wanted out of you. You know, to get rich in today's world, that is kind of how you have to be. That is why I don't trust rich people.

That's sad you and JoeB are on the same page:cuckoo:

Normally I don't care who agrees with me, but in Joe's case he intentionally is an ass, so that would make me wonder

Basically, you are just expressing your anger that someone as intelligent as I doesn't follow your party because I know better. :D

Not seeing any "anger" in that post, sweet cheeks. You projecting or you just suck at reading people?

Well, I do. Most of you are angry anyway. Who do you think you're fooling? You are so caught up in your party politics, it's all that's important to most of you who post here in this section of the forum. It's constant back and forth. It gets tiresome, TBH. Some of us want to throw both of your lame arses out and get some new people in there who actually care more about the country than their party talking points.

Do you trust any of the others? When speaking of trust, who can you trust in government? What candidate do you trust? Are any of them honest? Are all mere whores for the establishment? Does any of them sell their souls for personal gain? If we were to go by the trust factor, we'd scratch all of the candidates off our list and stay home on election day. People are making way too much out of this BS. They're blowing every single word and action way out of proportion. Remember, honesty and politics mix like water and oil. When it comes to something as petty as the phone number, fugetaboutit.

Sure, I understand you point and I also think you wrote it really, really well, Sonny Clark. You have a gift for clarity and friendliness toward people with differing opinions, something I really, really appreciate.

That being said, there is going to be a presidential election in less than 16 months, all the while we have lots of ongoing problems to sort out, and someone is going to get elected.

Would you want Donald Trump as president? I wouldn't.

And you know, giving out a political opponent's private cell number is not the end of the world. But it does beg the question: if the Don will stoop this low, how much farther will he stoop?

Can anyone here, even in his wildest dreams, have imagined Ronald Reagan giving out Bush 41s private home (landline) number on TV in 1979-1980? Would any candidate have even dared to think of doing something like that?

Now you want to harken back to the good old days?
Dont think I've ever heard that from a progressive...
What do you mean?

I'd say my message was pretty clear.
Actually, no. Define "good old days"...

OP so you trust some one who deletes 30,000 e mails, fakes a head injury and when finally appears before congress says "what does it matter ?"

A person who stands behind a cheating husband for political gain?

Trump is waking up the crowd, he can't be bought, you can not shut him up and I guess the left hates that, just wait around till he starts attacking Hillary...

That's what you guys are afraid of.

Thanks for responding. No, I am not afraid of Donald Trump. I am laughing at him.

But that's not the issue. Here, I will point you to the dicussion question, since you obviously missed it:

"Is it cool for a candidate to give out private information like this?"

In a word, NO!

Anyone that would do what Trump has done, is the lowest form of skunk I can imagine.

It goes to show that Trump did not get where he is today by being an "honest" man. :D That is just one reason why I would not trust him as far as I could throw him. He got rich, that's for sure. Question is, how did he go about getting rich? I think we can do better . . . I really do.

You wouldnt be saying that if Trump was espousing your beliefs.
I would love to see an upstart dem jump into the ring and see if he makes more sense than the current crop of crooks.

Just like the this piece of shit Republican congress, they told so much bullshit just to get hold of the Senate and house but after 7 months? What promises and bills have they passed?

They did Jack shit

Trump as a President would actually do something that benefits all Americans because he can not be bought.

He would put the fear back into Russia, North Korea and Iran.

As a business man he would relax regulations to bring off shore company's back.

He would get the top business advisors on board to benefit the lower and middle class.

He would invest in R&D, infrastructure

We need a tough guy as a president a businessman that can't be bought by special interest groups

I want to take a moment and look at presidential aspirant Donald Trump's latest shenanigan from an entirely different perspective. And I hope that adults here will actually read the OP, think and then comment like real adults.

(snip)

Trump is not sophisticated enough to know how to insult without coming out looking like a pig.

Trump is saying what the Teabags really would like to say but can't because they don't want to be labeled as racist, bigots and hating the poor (which is exactly what they are).

Trump may have the majority of the Republicans' approval, but he isn't going to win.

So, I say......let him dig himself deeper. Where's the harm?

Poll Date Sample MoE Clinton (D) Trump (R) Spread
RCP Average 5/19 - 7/12 -- -- 52.8 33.8 Clinton +19.0
USA Today/Suffolk 7/9 - 7/12 1000 LV 3.0 51 34 Clinton +17
CNN/Opinion Research 6/26 - 6/28 890 RV 3.5 59 35 Clinton +24
FOX News 6/21 - 6/23 1005 RV 3.0 51 34 Clinton +17
Quinnipiac 5/19 - 5/26 1711 RV 2.4 50 32 Clinton +18

Just like all the liars, he is going to say what he knows you want to hear. Once he is "in" doesn't matter anymore. He got what he wanted out of you. You know, to get rich in today's world, that is kind of how you have to be. That is why I don't trust rich people.

Normally I don't care who agrees with me, but in Joe's case he intentionally is an ass, so that would make me wonder

Basically, you are just expressing your anger that someone as intelligent as I doesn't follow your party because I know better. :D

Not seeing any "anger" in that post, sweet cheeks. You projecting or you just suck at reading people?

Well, I do. Most of you are angry anyway. Who do you think you're fooling? You are so caught up in your party politics, it's all that's important to most of you who post here in this section of the forum. It's constant back and forth. It gets tiresome, TBH. Some of us want to throw both of your lame arses out and get some new people in there who actually care more about the country than their party talking points.

I want to take a moment and look at presidential aspirant Donald Trump's latest shenanigan from an entirely different perspective. And I hope that adults here will actually read the OP, think and then comment like real adults.

(snip)

Trump is not sophisticated enough to know how to insult without coming out looking like a pig.

Trump is saying what the Teabags really would like to say but can't because they don't want to be labeled as racist, bigots and hating the poor (which is exactly what they are).

Trump may have the majority of the Republicans' approval, but he isn't going to win.

So, I say......let him dig himself deeper. Where's the harm?

Poll Date Sample MoE Clinton (D) Trump (R) Spread
RCP Average 5/19 - 7/12 -- -- 52.8 33.8 Clinton +19.0
USA Today/Suffolk 7/9 - 7/12 1000 LV 3.0 51 34 Clinton +17
CNN/Opinion Research 6/26 - 6/28 890 RV 3.5 59 35 Clinton +24
FOX News 6/21 - 6/23 1005 RV 3.0 51 34 Clinton +17
Quinnipiac 5/19 - 5/26 1711 RV 2.4 50 32 Clinton +18
The tea bags can not say what Trump says because they are bought and paid for by the Koch brothers.

Hillary is bought and paid for too.

Trump is not bought by NO ONE.

After Trump called Mexicans "rapists", "drug dealers" and "murderers" and saying of Jeb Bush: "who the hell is gonna vote for this guy?!?" AT HIS PRESIDENTIAL ANNOUNCEMENT SPEECH and since then laying into every candidate he can, after saying that John McCain is not a war hero and then backtracking and saying that well, yeah, he's a hero because he got captured and he (Trump) prefers those who didn't get captured, yadayadayada, we have seen a true-blue food-fight emerge in the GOP, somewhat on the level of 7th graders in the lunchroom.

Now, insulting other candidates is nothing new, but slick politicians have found ways to do this and still do their best to maintain the image that even in the moment that they are insulting someone, they are above the fray. When more than one GOPer, upon being asked if President Obama is really a Christian, answered with "I'll have to take him at his word", that's a nasty insult, but couched in nice words, not at the level of gutter-sluts. And there is plausible deniability in the insult. Bill Clinton insulted Bob Dole in 1996 at the debates when, asked if age played a role in Dole's electability, Clinton answered with "I don't question his age. I question the age of his ideas". Of course Clinton questioned Bob Dole's age, but this was a way to word it without actually having worded it.

So, I'm not under the illusion that pols don't insult each other. They do. In fact, they do it quite regularly. Hell, you should see how rough and tumble it gets in the English House of Commons (their rough equivalent to our House of Representatives)! And pols on all sides have been insulting each other over a long time. This is not just a Republican thing, to be sure.

But Donald Trump took it to new lows yesterday when he released Senator Lindsay Graham's private cell-phone number.

First, Don Trump is definitely one of the richer people in this world, boasting of total assets around 10 Billion. Good for him. That's a big heap of $$$.

But each and every senator is one of the 110-120 most powerful people in our country. No shit. Think about it. After the President, the Vice-President and the Speaker of the HOR (next in line of succession in case of death or removal from office), certain members of the cabinet (like the SOS and SOD) and CIA upper-ups, all 100 Senators would be the next most important people in our country: the life and death of many a law hangs on just 100 elected Senators. It's been said more than once that each Senator gets up in the morning, looks in the mirror and sees a future President standing before him. So, whether or not you like any one certain Senator, he possesses a power that only 100 individuals have in any congressional term and for better or worse, was duly elected by voters from his or her state.

Therefore, giving out the personal, private cellphone number of a sitting (or former, for that member) Senator is no trivial thing to do.

Let's analyse how Trump did this. Here is the video:

Trump starts by saying that Lindsay Graham introduced himself to Trump four years ago and asked Trump to pass along his name to FOX and FRIENDS. Trump went on to say that Graham "begged" for Trump to do this (give him a good reference to FOX and FRIENDS) and then gave Trump his number. He says a lot in between about how he gives everyone money to in order to wield influence. Well, ok. There is a hell of a lot of ego in that, but that's nothing new from Don Trump.

The psychology that Trump is using is something like "I'm the bigger dog than you, so I'm gonna piss on you and neenerneenerneener, you can't do a fucking thing about it". I think that pretty much encapsulates Don Trump. That's it.

And I can live with that, too. That's his style and if that brings him mojo, well, hell, ok.

Now, back to the video:

1:43 "So, Lindsay Graham says to me, please, please, whatever you can do, uhm, now, I'm saying to myself, 'what's this guy, a beggar?', he's like begging me to help him with FOX and FRIENDS. So, I say 'ok' and 'I'll mention your name'. He said 'could you mention my name' and I said 'yes, I'll men--' and he gave me his number and I found the card! I wrote the number down, I don't know if it's the right number, let's try it 202- (laughter begins) 228-XXXX (big laughter), I don't know, maybe, you know, it's been three or four years ago, so maybe it's an old number, 202-228-XXXX. Soooo, I don't know, give it a shot...."

Yepp, that's definitely in the category of "I'm the bigger dog than you, so I'm gonna piss on you and neenerneenerneener, you can't do a fucking thing about it". And in this case, Trump pissed on Graham in his own back yard. Well, ok, he can do that, too. It's a free country. And indeed, Graham has insulted Trump more than once. But he didn't give out Trump's private number.

And - this is a presidential candidate we are talking about here. Wow.

Now, back to Trump's moment in Ames, Iowa last Saturday, just four days ago:

Trump insults a war hero Page 8 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

In that posting, I did a transcript of the key moments of that 26 minute performance:

11:24 "I've contributed to everybody, they've done whatever I said"

EGO!!!

13:10 (about Jeb Bush) "can you imagine this guy negotiating with China? Who would you rather have negotiating with China - Trump, or Bush?"

EGO!!!

13:37 Questioner no. 2: How does his faith influence how he raises his children? The Don says he was very strict with his children over alcohol, drugs and cigarettes.

16:00 "I was a great father"

EGO!!!

16:53 "I know all of the successful people in the world"

EGO!!!

17:15 "Love the Mexican people, thousands of them work for me!"

EGO!!!

18:02 "I know the richest people in the world, I know the toughest people in the world..."

EGO!!!

19:44 Luntz: "What is your relationship with G-d?" Trump: "Well, I pray, I go to church, I do things that are wrong...I'm a business person, I am really great at deals, I own some of the greatest properties in the world... I think G-d helped me" :wtf:

Ok, let's take Donald Trump at his word. If he really knows all of the most important people in the world, then I wonder how they might feel about him giving out someone's private telepone number during an event that was video'd, as a sort of revenge in the middle of a sophomoric food-fight? I wonder how many of those super-rich people, who have also probably given Donald Trump their telephone number, feel about this. And I wonder if they will trust him in the future.

What Trump did may have been good for his form of in-your-face, reality show politics. But it certainly was bad business sense. And he claims to be a great businessman, right?

So, :wtf: ?

It may win him the nomination or at least cause a hung convention, but it won't win him a General Election.

Just imagine a "Pres. Trump", in possession of "the nuclear briefcase". Just imagine that.

And in 3 or 4 years, surely we will hear how the Clinton camp relished every single one of these trumpian-moments. I bet the Clinton team is whooping with glee every moment the Don opens his mouth somewhere. I bet good money that in 3 or 4 years, a book about the Clinton team will come out and a great deal of it will be a recounting of the "Trump factor".

What a circus.

So, back to the OP title itself: did Donald Trump even consider the damage he did to himself yesterday?

I doubt it.

And BTW, did any other GOP candidate make his way to the front page anywhere yesterday? The day before? The day before that? Where are they? Why, they are getting buried with more and more Trumpian Neutron Bombs. That's what is happening to them. As a Democrat, I am glad to see their ship already hitting rocky shores, but as a citizen, I do think it's a shame that our process is getting cheapened this much by an ultra-rich person who will still be ultra-rich and will laugh all the way to the bank. Or maybe not...

Discuss. Is it cool for a candidate to give out private information like this?

Whow, protect the king and his court, nice.

Kathryn Steinle is just as important then any senator. All which can be replaced.

Keep on thinking that, if the helps you to keep your blinders on. By all means...

Do you get it?

That's why everyone is scared.

Except the ones that don't have a voice, Trump represents the ones who don't have a voice.

Why is that obvious? If I give you my burner number and have an actual message for me, you will call and hear my voice saying to leave a message. My admin will listen to the message, decide it's legit and give me the message. I'll call you back. How would you know it wasn't actually the private number that I uses?
a 'burner' number?

He's asking someone, a billionaire at that, to help him get a job, and he gives him a 'burner number'?

hahahahhahahaha

Absolutely. Why would he give Trump the number he gives to his family and buds he wants to actually talk to? And again, how would Trump ever know?

Because he would want the call to come directly to him?

Because he wouldn't want some subordinate taking the message he was looking for a job?

any of 100 other reasons?

Considering the number Trump outted is the one Graham carries, odds are VERY good it isn't a 'burner'.

How do you know it's the number Graham "carries?" Do you know if Trump ever called Graham and he actually answered?

Lindsey Graham s phone is still ringing. Now Kelly Ayotte s kids are answering. - The Washington Post

Not sure it proves anything, but it was interesting, thanks!

Most of who, libertarians? And if you say so. Obviously if you have to start focusing on how people feel, you realize you aren't doing well on the content side. And you obviously have no idea how I feel and and possess zero ability to read me. As bad as you are at the content, I'd go back there. You can't have been doing this bad

Do you get it?

Except the ones that don't have a voice, Trump represents the ones who don't have a voice.

He doesn't represent me because I don't trust him and also, I don't agree with some of his views. Aside from a few things, he is really much like any other republican candidate in my eyes. :dunno: I can't really understand why anyone likes this guy, TBH. If we thought Obama was arrogant . . . I don't think his arrogance holds a candle to this guy's arrogance! He seems like the type of guy who has never really had to struggle with much throughout his life. I imagine if some of these people had to be as poor as I've been, they would probably off themselves. Lol.

Most of who, libertarians? And if you say so. Obviously if you have to start focusing on how people feel, you realize you aren't doing well on the content side. And you obviously have no idea how I feel and and possess zero ability to read me. As bad as you are at the content, I'd go back there. You can't have been doing this bad

Well, most of you all seem angry and taking sides to me. Besides, if you were truly a "libertarian" how could you support a person who would like to bring "Christian values" into our political processes and allow for people to discriminate against others because they are gay or for whatever reason when doing business dealings? That doesn't really make sense to me. Is that what is best for America and our economy? I think not.

Just like the this piece of shit Republican congress, they told so much bullshit just to get hold of the Senate and house but after 7 months? What promises and bills have they passed?

They did Jack shit

Trump as a President would actually do something that benefits all Americans because he can not be bought.

He would get the top business advisors on board to benefit the lower and middle class.

We need a tough guy as a president a businessman that can't be bought by special interest groups

You mean he would start issuing lots of executive orders to circumvent the congress?

Do you get it?

He doesn't represent me because I don't trust him and also, I don't agree with some of his views. Aside from a few things, he is really much like any other republican candidate in my eyes. :dunno: I can't really understand why anyone likes this guy, TBH. If we thought Obama was arrogant . . . I don't think his arrogance holds a candle to this guy's arrogance! He seems like the type of guy who has never really had to struggle with much throughout his life. I imagine if some of these people had to be as poor as I've been, they would probably off themselves. Lol.
look it at this way Chris, Trump is a billionaire he could use those illegal immigrants pay them $3 bucks or so under the table and make even more money.

So why does he want it to stop? He is looking after the poor American worker.

Did you ever think about that?

They did Jack shit

You mean he would start issuing lots of executive orders to circumvent the congress?
Obama did, you now have a problem with it?

Do you get it?

look it at this way Chris, Trump is a billionaire he could use those illegal immigrants pay them $3 bucks or so under the table and make even more money.

So why does he want it to stop? He is looking after the poor American worker.

Did you ever think about that?

Well, a guy like Trump would never get away with using illegal immigrant workers. His businesses are too large and well known to get away with something like that. He is intelligent enough to know he would be caught eventually. There are a few issues that I actually do agree with him about, but I still don't think he would make a very good president. I've said it before though, maybe my expectations are too high?

They did Jack shit

Obama did, you now have a problem with it?

So it was ok when Obama did it?

Forum List

Back