Perry may skip debates

(CNN) - Arguing the election cycle has too many presidential debates, Rick Perry's top spokesman said the Texas governor could use more time with voters instead of taking the stage with Republican opponents.

"We're about 60 days away from votes being cast," communications director Ray Sullivan said on CNN's "John King, USA" Wednesday. "The candidates need to spend time in Iowa doing those town halls and spending a lot more time with the voters, who oftentimes have the best questions and press the candidates the hardest."

Citing the dozen-plus debates in the works, Sullivan added: "There's no way that the candidates can do all those debates."

Perry, whose poll numbers have slid after a series of uneven debate performances, made headlines Tuesday when he described taking part as a "mistake."

"These debates are set up for nothing more than to tear down the candidates," Perry said on Fox News. "It's pretty hard to be able to sit and lay out your ideas and your concepts with a one-minute response."

Perry may pass on debates – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

What is your opinion on the story Chris?

To me its just another example of why I'm not a Perry supporter.....that being said i'd definately vote perry over obama in the general election.

I believe that's known as "cutting off one's nose to spite one's face."

There is not ONE R candidate who would not willingly and with malice aforethought destroy this country. Not one.

Voting for obama, who's domestic policys' impacts are proving to be ruinous for our economy, is "cutting off one's nose to spite one's face."

Yeah. He does.

Even if Barry had straight A's it sure hasn't helped him as POTUS.

He sucks as POTUS.

-Offed pirates holding an American captive.
-Rescued the Auto Industry, Finance Industry and Banking Industry.
-Offed Bin Laden - Author of 9/11.
-Offed Gaddafi - Author of Lockerbie.
-Locked down loose nukes in Eastern Europe.
-Repaired relations with most allies.
-Stimulus staggered recession and led to job growth and infrastructure repair.
-Passed health care reform.
-Struck a deal with Russia to reduce nuclear arms.

I shudder to think what you think is "success". :eek:

Yeah. He does.

He sucks as POTUS.

NAVY Seals offed the Pirates. I was just surprised he had the balls to give the order.
He bailed out the Auto Industry with taxpayer dollars. The Auto industry still went bankrupt. He should have saved the tax dollars Payback to the Unions.
Again the SEALS offfed UBL. Again I was surprised he had the balls to give the order. Kudo's to him for that.
He didnt' off Qudaffi. Rebels did.
Which nukes did he lock down??
Which allies did he repair relations with?? Most of em think we suck.
He saddled America with an extremely expensive, unconstitutional HC program without an ounce of fiscal reform in it.
Bet the Russians got the sweet deal not us.

You can call that success if you want to. I just look at UE at 9.1% and an economy in the tank. Thats what I see as the results of his polices.

What is your opinion on the story Chris?

To me its just another example of why I'm not a Perry supporter.....that being said i'd definately vote perry over obama in the general election.

There is not ONE R candidate who would not willingly and with malice aforethought destroy this country. Not one.

Voting for obama, who's domestic policys' impacts are proving to be ruinous for our economy, is "cutting off one's nose to spite one's face."

Bush got the DOW at around 10K...he left it at around 7K.

Please go on about ruinous.

It's like reverse rose colored glasses. I think I found their song on Youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ5ob9B9yD4]Gloom despair and agony on me - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah. He does.

He sucks as POTUS.

NAVY Seals offed the Pirates. I was just surprised he had the balls to give the order.
He bailed out the Auto Industry with taxpayer dollars. The Auto industry still went bankrupt. He should have saved the tax dollars Payback to the Unions.
Again the SEALS offfed UBL. Again I was surprised he had the balls to give the order. Kudo's to him for that.
He didnt' off Qudaffi. Rebels did.
Which nukes did he lock down??
Which allies did he repair relations with?? Most of em think we suck.
He saddled America with an extremely expensive, unconstitutional HC program without an ounce of fiscal reform in it.
Bet the Russians got the sweet deal not us.

You can call that success if you want to. I just look at UE at 9.1% and an economy in the tank. Thats what I see as the results of his polices.

President Barack Obama is Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces.

Look it up..it's in the Constituion of the United States.

And you can chose to live in this alternate reality.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ5ob9B9yD4]Gloom despair and agony on me - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8]Soggy Bottom Boys- I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow - YouTube[/ame]

did you vote for bush in 2004? I didn't.

Just because bush sucked doesn't make obama's suckage any better.

I found your song too!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLcilJGPo68]Hey There Obama (Drink the Kool Aid) - YouTube[/ame]

Obama IS better, and on every front. I cannot think of one thing Bush did in eight years that was worth singing praises for. I voted for him because I was politically ignorant, it was all about religion. Pro-life? He's my man.

Dumb.

I'd say you inhabit the alternate reality.

UE is still at 9.1% and the economy is still in the tank.

Barry has been in office for three years. One would think that if he's as smart as he thinks he is the economy would be booming by now.

Obama got the dow at 7K..at the moment it's over 12K.

The private sector hiring is trending upward. The major problem with UE right now is that the public sector is dumping a crap load of people.

I'd say you inhabit the alternate reality.

UE is still at 9.1% and the economy is still in the tank.

Barry has been in office for three years. One would think that if he's as smart as he thinks he is the economy would be booming by now.

UE is at almost 10% before the stimulus worked. Bush's numbers about the deficit were also completely wrong and had to be revised this year. Which isn't all that unusual. He was scrubbing all sorts of data to make things look better then they actually were. As well as keeping 2 wars off the general budget.

Obama got the dow at 7K..at the moment it's over 12K.

The private sector hiring is trending upward. The major problem with UE right now is that the public sector is dumping a crap load of people.

What percentage of that is due to QE1 and QE2? ;)

But yes the dow is going better and if unemployment comes down i'll be right there celebrating with you.

she thinks "success" is anything rush limbot says it is.

Hate to disappoint there Jill but I don't listen to Rush or talk radio period.

I also don't watch Hannity and never watched Beck.

Guess my definition of "success" comes from what I think success is.

Forum List

Back