People with extremist views less able to do complex mental tasks, research suggests

Well , I think that deep down we all knew this. But scientific evidence like this will help our society combat the rise of extremist filth in years to come. It explains the herd mentality behind trumpism. The Capitol insurrection. The abusive and aggresssive stance and the overwhelming fear of "other".

Read the report's findings and find yourself nodding in agreement.

A key finding was that people with extremist attitudes tended to think about the world in black and white terms, and struggled with complex tasks that required intricate mental steps, said lead author Dr Leor Zmigrod at Cambridge’s department of psychology.

And

“Individuals or brains that struggle to process and plan complex action sequences may be more drawn to extreme ideologies, or authoritarian ideologies that simplify the world,” she said.

Interestingly the Scientists distinguish between conservatives and the reall extremist loons.

The UK has seen the damage that this causes and can reference brexit as an outcome, a disastrous outcome of stupid people being unable to process facts.

Now I would ask my many American friends to consider the value of discussing any complex issue with an extremist. Is there any point ? Climate change is a complex issue that requires more than one sentence to explain it. Is this character likely to grasp it even if you speak slowly and use small words ?

View attachment 460649

Of course not. He will grasp at some simplistic nonsense that he has read on the internet because of course it must be true.

So I submit that this Cambridge study answers the big question.

Why do extremists believe such stupid shit ?

The answer,of course, is because they are stupid.

Strange you only see it from the right. Is it too politically incorrect to say that Black Lives Matter and ecowarriors cannot do complex tasks?
Yes, that would just be silly.

Well , I think that deep down we all knew this. But scientific evidence like this will help our society combat the rise of extremist filth in years to come. It explains the herd mentality behind trumpism. The Capitol insurrection. The abusive and aggresssive stance and the overwhelming fear of "other".

A key finding was that people with extremist attitudes tended to think about the world in black and white terms, and struggled with complex tasks that required intricate mental steps, said lead author Dr Leor Zmigrod at Cambridge’s department of psychology.

And

“Individuals or brains that struggle to process and plan complex action sequences may be more drawn to extreme ideologies, or authoritarian ideologies that simplify the world,” she said.

Interestingly the Scientists distinguish between conservatives and the reall extremist loons.

The UK has seen the damage that this causes and can reference brexit as an outcome, a disastrous outcome of stupid people being unable to process facts.

Now I would ask my many American friends to consider the value of discussing any complex issue with an extremist. Is there any point ? Climate change is a complex issue that requires more than one sentence to explain it. Is this character likely to grasp it even if you speak slowly and use small words ?

View attachment 460649

Of course not. He will grasp at some simplistic nonsense that he has read on the internet because of course it must be true.

Amazing how Research can suggest anything you want it to.

And

View attachment 460649

Amazing how Research can suggest anything you want it to.
Science has spoken. Typical of extremists to deny proven facts.

And

View attachment 460649

You are an extremist are you not?

So I guess that includes the OP, BLM, ANTIFA, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, WAPO and the rest of the Leftie propaganda news media.

And

View attachment 460649

we needed a study to know this?

And

View attachment 460649

That explains the Xiden admin to a T.

And

View attachment 460649

Admitting the problem is the first step to healing....Good job.

How did the researchers establish degree of radicalization? What is the empirical measure for radicalization? Is it measured in BinLadens (BL/m2)?

Who were their test subjects? ISIS members or Greenpeace Members?

How did the researchers establish degree of radicalization? What is the empirical measure for radicalization? Is it measured in BinLadens (BL/m2)?

It's measured by the size of CCP donations.

And

View attachment 460649

You're a fucking commie shit, so what does that say about you?

Can I borrow a bucket of "radicalization" from you?....Promise I'll pay you back with a barrel of it at the end of the month.

And

View attachment 460649

Makes sense. Just look at your inability to think critically.

And

View attachment 460649

That doesn't surprise me.

And

View attachment 460649

so thats why democrats think there are 250 thousand genders ...

And

View attachment 460649

1614143439239.png

Forum List

Back