People demand justice at a fishing tournament

The fuck it is.

Show me the word "Christian" in any of our founding documents...
Even though Christianity is not mentioned in the Constitution or Bill or Rights... the Founders of the American republic were influenced by Christian ideas in significant ways.....

Even though Christianity is not mentioned in the Constitution or Bill or Rights... the Founders of the American republic were influenced by Christian ideas in significant ways.....

Um, okay. I'm sure they were influenced by a lot of things. Dinosaurs aren't mentioned either. Homosexuality, airline pilots and Waffle House also aren't mentioned. Your point is, well, utterly pointless.

But "influenced by christian ideas"? So what? That doesn't make this a "christian nation" in any way.

The Founding Fathers were pretty smart guys, you know. If they wanted this to be a christian nation, they certainly could've done that, wouldn't you agree?

But that's not what they wanted, which is why they didn't do it...

So these cheats in Ohio put weights in their fish to win a fishing competition, and when discovered a mob of people came after them wanting to tear them from limb to limb.

If only voters cared as much.

Why is it people care more about fishing tournaments than the excrement they elect and send to Washington?

Speaking of which, I wonder how the stock portfolio of Nancy Pelosi is doing these days. You just have to love legal insider trading.
In a way of comparison this is what the Founding Fathers had warned future generations about huge government. We can see local corruption in our face as it shows itself. Government is slow and insidious, and the end result is the same but as you said there has not been any pushback. A start would be to get the people arrested for January 6th released from prison.

Hell, I'm following a multi-page thread on another forum about some random trespasser here in Virginia.....Now much of it is tongue-n-cheek but there are way too many serious posts.

I liked this one from a guy in TX:

I’m gonna tell you what the sheriff told us when we found a dead illegal, “y’all don’t have a backhoe?”

Here's the trespasser, he was caught on a game cam.

Um, okay. I'm sure they were influenced by a lot of things. Dinosaurs aren't mentioned either. Homosexuality, airline pilots and Waffle House also aren't mentioned. Your point is, well, utterly pointless.

But "influenced by christian ideas"? So what? That doesn't make this a "christian nation" in any way.

The Founding Fathers were pretty smart guys, you know. If they wanted this to be a christian nation, they certainly could've done that, wouldn't you agree?

But that's not what they wanted, which is why they didn't do it...
The dollar bills have god on them. You should a get a job so you can see a dollar bill.

Trout fisherman are notorious cheats!
They've been known to hide trout in their trouser's.
Thus the term 'trouser trout'.

It's fascinating how you go from a fishing tournament in Ohio to asking about Pelosi's investments in the span of just four sentences...
Just trying to assess why the moral compass of the country has turned to sh#t.

God forbid we look at those in power as to any indication as to why that may be.

Carry on and, by all means, continue to blame Orange man.

God forbid we look at those in power as to any indication as to why that may be.

Wow, that's a stupid comment, considering that I voted for him twice.

Do you honestly believe these guys cheated in a fishing tournament because Nancy Pelosi is rich?

I dunno', man, I just can't get there...

We've always been a country of bushwhacker's.

Wow, that's a stupid comment, considering that I voted for him twice.

Do you honestly believe these guys cheated in a fishing tournament because Nancy Pelosi is rich?

I dunno', man, I just can't get there...
Behavior that is rewarded gets repeated.

That includes behavior others witness

Just common sense.

So these cheats in Ohio put weights in their fish to win a fishing competition, and when discovered a mob of people came after them wanting to tear them from limb to limb.

If only voters cared as much.

Why is it people care more about fishing tournaments than the excrement they elect and send to Washington?

Speaking of which, I wonder how the stock portfolio of Nancy Pelosi is doing these days. You just have to love legal insider trading.

It is really not complicated.

When it comes to federal level elections people have realized how they vote makes no difference as nothing ever changes. Vote for an R or D and the outcome is basically the same. People feel they have no control over what our Govt does, and they are not wrong.

This is local and personal and something they can actually impact and change. Thus they care more because they can do something about it

Maybe in your fantasy world.... but in reality we were founded under one God..... The God of Abraham....
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America ( unless I'm burning it), and to the republic for which it stands( as long as it matches my belief), one nation under God,( added in 1954) indivisible, ( if you're non partisan)with liberty and justice for all."( except blacks and immigants)

It is serious business? Apparently fishing is more important than the country

That's it! The clown show in Washington is anything but serious.

That must be it.

Say, how would you like to buy a Hunter Biden painting for a billion dollars?
Co.paring fishing to politics is degrading to fishing, which holds more weight

Forum List

Back