People are lining up WEEKS BEFORE the PS3 release

Today I played the Wii and the PS3 at my local Game Stop.

First off, seeing them side-by-side, you can't deny that the PS3's graphics are way better, at least based on the games that were being played (Excite Truck for the Wii, some similar racing game for the PS3).

However, in actually playing the game, you realize how much of a leap the Wii has taken, and it succeeds. For the first time since I was probably eight or nine, I was giddy over playing a video game system. It's a different way of playing, but I liked it a lot. I feel I may have to get one. Oh, and the people at the Game Stop said 90% of the people who bought PS3's today were people who were going to turn right around and sell them on EBay. Hardly anybody bought one for personal use. So, I guess Sony's going to make their money either way.

I got a Wii last night at wal-mart. I sat in line with a buddy of mine for about 12 hours it really wasnt all that bad, We had a lot of people to talk to and had a great time just sitting and shooting the shit. Anyway I hope everyone gets what they want.

On a side note most people who bought the Wii were doing it for their own use. and not selling it on ebay. In fact out of the 20 of us buying last night only one was going to sell. I guess thats the difference between Nintendo and Sony customer loyalty......:thewave:

Those people are retarded. No one is going to pay $15000 for a PS3.

I think it's retarded too, but I wouldn't say that NO ONE is going to pay $15 Grand for a PS3... some people will pay anything for a status symbol

I can't believe it. The new Zelda is out, finally, finally out, and I'm not already playing it. I, I can't describe how terrible I feel. I need to play it, but I can't. It's just wrong, wrong I tell you.

The fact is Nintendo's marketing strategy is far superior to the other companies. They were the only ones who made a profit off the last generation of consules as well. Both the other systems have lost money on it. Why?

Simple because Sony and Microsoft keep going state of the art systems. Nintendo isnt going state of the art, so its not as expensive to make. Then Nintendo is making cheap fun games. And while the other two systems might have some nice titles at some point, its just not worth it right now.

And whats more, I am not sure how much better the systems can get. I mean yeah the technology can do more but they start looking the same. so you need quality games, with story and game play and not just graphics.

The fact is XBox and Playstation 3 are going to be money losers in the long run. Which is why Nintendo's marketing strategy is so brillitant. Just make a profit, flood the market with your games, and drive the competition out of business.
I have been saying this same thing for years. Yeah, the graphics are cool, but the games themselves are so complex and really kind of boring, that I don't want to get the new stuff. I actually drug out my old SuperNES and Tim and I stayed up til 2am playing all 3 Super Mario games, Mortal Kombat original, creating dirty animation on Mario Paint...We played those games for 10 times longer than any other PS2 or XBOX game we own.

I want a Wii because I can play Marble Madness and Paperboy again without the issues (blue screen, black and white flipping screen, etc) that the original 8-bit nintendo had. Will they have the PowerPad to go with it??:mm:

I have been saying this same thing for years. Yeah, the graphics are cool, but the games themselves are so complex and really kind of boring, that I don't want to get the new stuff. I actually drug out my old SuperNES and Tim and I stayed up til 2am playing all 3 Super Mario games, Mortal Kombat original, creating dirty animation on Mario Paint...We played those games for 10 times longer than any other PS2 or XBOX game we own.

I want a Wii because I can play Marble Madness and Paperboy again without the issues (blue screen, black and white flipping screen, etc) that the original 8-bit nintendo had. Will they have the PowerPad to go with it??:mm:

Man, Dirty Pictures on Mario Paint! That brings back memories of when i was 12, lol. I think SNES was my fav system of all time. Im definitely getting a Wii, its just a matter of when.

Will they have the PowerPad to go with it??

As a matter of fact, I think you HAVE to buy a separate controller to play the other games, and it's very similar to an SNES controller.

New Topics

Forum List

Back