Pentagon preparing to send Patriot missile system to Ukraine

Its all in the links I posted.
So we are to take the word of the Nigerian President, the Russian and Chinese foreign ministries, and some suspicion on the part of Interpol as the basis for halting arms shipments to Ukraine while those poor bastards are fighting for their lives and liberty? No. I don't think so. Sorry. Nowhere do I see evidence.

At best we see unfounded speculation, and any arms finding their way to Africa have been largely pistols and rifles and grenades. I am not concerned, and I do not see any basis in that for halting shipments to a valiant Republic that might eventually become a welcome and fast and brave friend and ally to Western Europe.

Here's hoping that the Biden Administration and The West in general keep up the arms pressure and spend the goddamned Russians into the ground again... decisively.

So we are to take the word of the Nigerian President, the Russian and Chinese foreign ministries, and some suspicion on the part of Interpol as the basis for halting arms shipments to Ukraine

Are you saying the US has no way to confirm the weapons sent to / intended for Ukraine actually got there?

If not, you don't see a problem with that?

Patriot missiles to Ukraine? Meh.....no biggie....nobody is losing any sleep about it!

Biden is full of it!

Russia has responded Wednesday to the prior day report from Pentagon sources that the Biden administration is finalizing plans to send Patriot anti-air defense missiles to Ukraine, in what will constitute the longest range defense systems transferred from the West to date.

"The Kremlin said on Wednesday that U.S. Patriot missile defense systems would be a legitimate target for Russian strikes against Ukraine, should the United States authorize them to be delivered to support Kyiv," Reuters reports.

Are you saying the US has no way to confirm the weapons sent to / intended for Ukraine actually got there?
I am saying no such thing. I am not properly "briefed" on the subject from a logistics perspective to offer an intelligent opinion on the subject.

I trust our people - our military logistics folk - to get the materials to the border properly. Generally speaking we do not accompany the stuff any further.

However, I have read over the past couple of days that we are preparing to put a few more boots on the ground - a dozen or two - for tracking purposes.

I'm OK with that too... it's probably an excellent idea.

If not, you don't see a problem with that?
I see no reason to halt arms shipments to a valiant country locked in an existential struggle with our old adversary, based upon innuendo and speculation.

If those exploring the issue turn-up a freighter-ship full or a dozen C5-A's full of US arms diverted to Africa rather than Ukraine, then I'll pay closer attention.

Patriot missiles to Ukraine?
i know natasha you hate it, so what ?
experts :
US Army personnel are already teaching Ukraine Soldiers in the Patriot air defense system at Grafenwoehr Training Area in Germany. Education, training, practice in the Patriots is said to take months however.

When a thing finally happens such as the US transfer of the Patriots to Ukraine it always looks so easy to do. People ask what took so long. Demand, actually.

The WH can't stand by right now and accept Russian barbarism against the energy power centers of the Ukraine infrastructure that is targeted to freeze Ukrainians to death. Plus starve Ukraine civilians to death. Then there's blast civilians to death and when hospitals are destroyed already. And there's the real politic impact of Pres. Zelensky being named Time Man of the Year with the Ukraine people sharing the award.

So the WH got a double whammy of the morality of withholding the Patriots in this time of a most extreme need plus the heroism of Ukraine people led by their champion Volodymyr Zelensky.

A question that's come up is that those NATO countries that have the Patriot might donate their systems to Ukraine, or some part of their active inventory such as some missiles. The NATO countries that have the Patriot are Germany, Greece, Netherlands, Romania, Spain, and also Sweden that is up for membership. They all operate Patriot batteries and perhaps could donate their own missiles to keep Ukraine’s Patriot batteries well supplied. It's unlikely however other countries that have Patriot missiles could or would send their own batteries or missiles to Ukraine. Japan and South Korea come to mind first among several other countries.

A Patriot launching station on the grounds of Japan’s Defense Ministry, Tokyo, Japan, since 2012. There are eight missile doors in the two canister slots, indicating the missiles are PAC-3 models. Japan remains worried about a ballistic missile strike from North Korea, and PAC-3 would be the most effective model to defend Tokyo against North Korean ballistic missiles. YOSHIKAZU TSUNO//Getty Images

A U.S. Army Patriot surface-to-air missile system is displayed during the Air Power Day at Osan Air Base, South Korea, October 2018. The AN/MPQ-53 radar, which detects, targets, tracks, and steers Patriot missiles toward target, is in the center. KIM JAE-HWAN//Getty Images

1. They are in Germany & Poland, getting them to Ukraine is easy.
2. They are 100% successful, the Kremlin can laugh all they want
3. Putin canceled his annual press conference, he's too embarrassed to take questions

Great to see someone so muddled and full of self assuredness .

1.We all know where they are . But explain what happens when they cross the borders and their positions are tracked by Uncle Ps boys to the millimetre ?
And then the railways ( all electric ) are dead .
2. It takes 90 men to handle one array . Trained men .Not left over Ukey kids and women .
3.What did you expect him to say ?
Was it , "Ya, Boo , we are going to obliterate you " .

Which is exactly what will happen .
Even US military Intelligence ( excuse apparent contradiction ) admitted today that Ukey ( US ) )forces have zero chance of winning .

the game changer, Moscow understands only a language of strength!

“The United States will always do the right thing, after exhausting all other options”

Winston Churchill

Amid Moscow bombardment of the energy grid, the U.S. is set to provide its most advanced air defense system

That's a really dumb move. We shouldn't have extended NATO, a cold war military alliance that is inherently hostile towards Russia, strategically, operationally, and historically, right up to Russia's border. We also should stop orchestrating coups and creating strife around the world, to advance our perceived geopolitical interests. I emphasize the word "perceived" because such perceptions aren't necessarily in the interest of the American public. They're in the vested interest of corporations that make money from war, cheap labor, captive markets.etc.

American liberals are against Russia due to its social conservatism, not allowing LGBTQs to parade their filth in the streets of Moscow or adopt children. There aren't any rainbow flags flying over the Kremlin, hence American liberals hate Russia. Russia isn't feminist enough, it's not "liberal" as it supposedly should be. They're willing to destroy all life on this planet by starting WW3 with Russia over Ukraine. They're completely irrational and demonic.

boy.jpg.jpg

image.jpg

FVGNHDaWQAILWao.jpg

photo_2022-07-10_19-38-39.jpg

photo_2022-03-31_13-41-02.jpg

photo_2022-03-30_08-27-29.jpg

Forum List

Back