Pentagon Eases Rules on Religious Garb in Uniform

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
By Luis Martinez @LMartinezABC, Jan 22, 2014

The Pentagon has eased rules that have made it difficult for some service members to wear religious clothing or beards required by their faith. Until now each military service had its own rules for how to make religious accommodations for their service members.

A new policy asks the services to make every effort to accommodate waiver requests to wear religious garb as long as it does not conflict with unit cohesion, safety or the ability to wear protective wear in a combat mission.

In recent years there have been cases where a small number of Sikhs have successfully received waivers from the Army to wear turbans and uncut hair while in uniform.

The new rules will make it possible for Sikhs and members of other faiths to receive such waivers routinely, when possible. Orthodox Jewish service members will be allowed to wear yarmulkes while in uniform, and Muslim service members could wear beards and carry prayer beads.

I'm really fighting to choke back my Army sergeant replies to this garbage and keep it readable for all ages. At what point does this @&*!*! stop? The Pentagon has already provided a special place from Muslims to perform their daily prayers – ignore that they're supposed to be on duty defending this nation. Next, they'll let Muslim female soldiers wear burkahs? Anyhow, if you have a strong stomach, continue reading @ Pentagon Eases Rules on Religious Garb in Uniform - ABC News

:evil::evil::evil:

Cool!!.....now my buddies and I can get some free U.S. Military weapons training. ... :thup:

Saudi-Men.jpg

Because we all know they can't get any proper training in their own countries.

Sunni, what happens when you run out of rocks to wipe your ass? Re-use them?

You know...I can see if the other thread on this subject was maybe on the 2nd page...but it's three or four fucking threads down from this one. Look before you post!

At least your thread title is more correct than this douche's...

Obama To Relax Military Standards: Turbans, Jewelry, Tattoos, Beards To Be Tolerated

Yeah, I saw that post AFTER I posted this. Was going to delete this and move my comments to there but, after these responses, I'll let it stand.

I'm sure this is exactly how some in the Pentagon want our soldiers to look:

th

By Luis Martinez @LMartinezABC, Jan 22, 2014

The Pentagon has eased rules that have made it difficult for some service members to wear religious clothing or beards required by their faith. Until now each military service had its own rules for how to make religious accommodations for their service members.

A new policy asks the services to make every effort to accommodate waiver requests to wear religious garb as long as it does not conflict with unit cohesion, safety or the ability to wear protective wear in a combat mission.

In recent years there have been cases where a small number of Sikhs have successfully received waivers from the Army to wear turbans and uncut hair while in uniform.

The new rules will make it possible for Sikhs and members of other faiths to receive such waivers routinely, when possible. Orthodox Jewish service members will be allowed to wear yarmulkes while in uniform, and Muslim service members could wear beards and carry prayer beads.

I'm really fighting to choke back my Army sergeant replies to this garbage and keep it readable for all ages. At what point does this @&*!*! stop? The Pentagon has already provided a special place from Muslims to perform their daily prayers – ignore that they're supposed to be on duty defending this nation. Next, they'll let Muslim female soldiers wear burkahs? Anyhow, if you have a strong stomach, continue reading @ Pentagon Eases Rules on Religious Garb in Uniform - ABC News

:evil::evil::evil:

"TACTICAL KILT

What supposed to be a silly April Fools' prank soon became reality when men across the globe decided they need the Tactical Duty Kilt in their wardrobes. It's no wonder since this practical utility kilt not only looks and feel awesome but also performs great in almost every environment and circumstances. Durable and functional, it features overlaid kilt style front with snap closures, interchangeable TDU-style cargo pockets, deep slant pockets at the front with additional reinforcement for clipping flashlight, knife or pen, hidden interior pockets, and 6 wide belt loops to fit most tactical operator's belts. Moreover, there are two D-rings below the front belt loops which are perfect for fixing sporran, while the front belt loop includes a badge holder. Made of sturdy Polycotton TDU Ripstop fabric and Teflon treated for spill and stain resistance, Tactical Duty Kilt gives you superior comfort and freedom of movement. So don't hesitate, buy your 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt today before it's gone for good." Tactical Kilt UK | Military 1st

Damn that Obama and freedom of religion! Damn him to hell!

Sorry, I discovered another news just now.
By Blakely, Los Angeles:

"During the First World War, British infantrymen of the Black Watch were dubbed “Ladies from Hell” by German troops, so fiercely did they fight in their kilts.
Now the same liberating garb is making a comeback in the US military, after a company that offered a combat kilt as an April fool’s joke sold out.
The camouflage-print Tactical Duty Kilt costs $60 (£40) and has a pocket large enough for two magazines from an M16 rifle.

It is especially popular among US soldiers of Scottish and Irish descent, who have posted pictures of themselves in their “utility kilts” in Iraq."
Source: US troops keep their cool in kilts | The Times
I'm sorry again, I did not mean to mock the national costumes!
af33cbb4-a8ae-11e4-_846919c(1).jpg

Sorry, I discovered another news just now.
By Blakely, Los Angeles:

"During the First World War, British infantrymen of the Black Watch were dubbed “Ladies from Hell” by German troops, so fiercely did they fight in their kilts.
Now the same liberating garb is making a comeback in the US military, after a company that offered a combat kilt as an April fool’s joke sold out.
The camouflage-print Tactical Duty Kilt costs $60 (£40) and has a pocket large enough for two magazines from an M16 rifle.

It is especially popular among US soldiers of Scottish and Irish descent, who have posted pictures of themselves in their “utility kilts” in Iraq."
Source: US troops keep their cool in kilts | The Times
I'm sorry again, I did not mean to mock the national costumes!
View attachment 67135
Lookin' good, says this Scot of long ago. Kilts are actually quite comfortable. But please, boys, wear underpants. No one wants your junk on display.

Forum List

Back