Pennsylvania Prosecutor Charged in Rape at Woman’s Home, Police Say

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Jeffrey L. Thomas, the district attorney in Somerset County, Pa., was charged with rape, indecent and simple assault, strangulation and criminal trespass.

The Pennsylvania State Police said the Somerset County district attorney, Jeffrey L. Thomas, was charged with rape, indecent and simple assault, strangulation and criminal trespass in connection with the Sept. 18 attack in Windber, a borough that is about two hours east of Pittsburgh.

Mr. Thomas, 36, a Republican, was elected district attorney in 2019. His lawyer, Ryan Tutera, and a woman who answered the phone at the district attorney’s office on Friday declined to comment on whether Mr. Thomas would step down.

A State Police report said Mr. Thomas used Snapchat to message the woman, who was not identified, and told her that he would be at her home in a few minutes. She responded that he was not welcome in her home and he entered “by subterfuge,” carrying several cans of beer, the report said.

He handed her an opened can of beer, and when he did not leave as she told him to, she slapped him, the police report said. Mr. Thomas struck her face, causing her nose to bleed. He then pulled down her sports bra and choked her before biting her breasts and raping her, the report said.
He grabbed the woman by her neck and hair and asked whether she was going to call the police, the report said. He eventually left only after she said she would not call the police, according to the report.

Mr. Tutera said the woman drank beer and smoked marijuana with Mr. Thomas in her home, adding, “I think that there’s more to this story than meets the eye.”

Mr. Thomas was released from jail on Thursday morning after posting $5,000 bail, Mr. Tutera said.

I wonder how many folks would have been ok with this DA being choked to death while in police custody.

How does a man up on rape charges get a $5k bond?

So Thomas likes a good joint with his beer, I wonder how many folks he has sent to jail for marijuana.

Jeffrey L. Thomas, the district attorney in Somerset County, Pa., was charged with rape, indecent and simple assault, strangulation and criminal trespass.

The Pennsylvania State Police said the Somerset County district attorney, Jeffrey L. Thomas, was charged with rape, indecent and simple assault, strangulation and criminal trespass in connection with the Sept. 18 attack in Windber, a borough that is about two hours east of Pittsburgh.

Mr. Thomas, 36, a Republican, was elected district attorney in 2019. His lawyer, Ryan Tutera, and a woman who answered the phone at the district attorney’s office on Friday declined to comment on whether Mr. Thomas would step down.

A State Police report said Mr. Thomas used Snapchat to message the woman, who was not identified, and told her that he would be at her home in a few minutes. She responded that he was not welcome in her home and he entered “by subterfuge,” carrying several cans of beer, the report said.

He handed her an opened can of beer, and when he did not leave as she told him to, she slapped him, the police report said. Mr. Thomas struck her face, causing her nose to bleed. He then pulled down her sports bra and choked her before biting her breasts and raping her, the report said.
He grabbed the woman by her neck and hair and asked whether she was going to call the police, the report said. He eventually left only after she said she would not call the police, according to the report.

Mr. Tutera said the woman drank beer and smoked marijuana with Mr. Thomas in her home, adding, “I think that there’s more to this story than meets the eye.”

Mr. Thomas was released from jail on Thursday morning after posting $5,000 bail, Mr. Tutera said.

I wonder how many folks would have been ok with this DA being choked to death while in police custody.

How does a man up on rape charges get a $5k bond?

So Thomas likes a good joint with his beer, I wonder how many folks he has sent to jail for marijuana.

Cant see the link.

This is all about the guy being white and republican. Checked the number of black on black shootings and deaths in Democrat run urban areas across the country for August? Nah, you guys aren’t that intellectually honest to ever do that.

You do know that Biden is the author of the crime bill that put tens of thousands of blacks in jail, don’t you, brotha?

You mean white folks, because we see black folks getting screwed by the Justice System everyday.
no it’s important for everyone to get a fair trial

i don’t know if anyone was raped…i know that’s the accusations…and i know as a dembot plantation whipping boy you are used to watching your party resort to mob justice but tour klan cult party, try as it may, can’t over throw the bill of rights

no it’s important for everyone to get a fair trial

i don’t know if anyone was raped…i know that’s the accusations…and i know as a dembot plantation whipping boy you are used to watching your party resort to mob justice but tour klan cult party, try as it may, can’t over throw the bill of rights
Oh you don't know now because he is a Trump Humper. I laugh when I hear you call someone a whipping boy. You're head is so far up Trump's ass you can hardly breathe. He claims he shouldn't receive a fair trial? Now if this dude were black you and your racist ilk would be calling him a savage, a thug, an animal that needs to be put down, etc.

Forum List

Back