Pennsylvania politics a heated, utter chaos: state House is a mess, with each side claiming majority, GOP passing amendments after Dems won more seats

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Both sides are to blame, in my view, and this is a microcosm of the divisions in America

There is no reason Dems are doing it except for political gain...
And it proves Republicans are pure partisans, too.

Last edited:
Privately, they fear the next few weeks could plunge the state into an unprecedented level of chaos.

An inevitable outcome based upon our desire to elect over and over the two failed parties.

I do have to note the slant of the article though.

If GOP lawmakers succeed, they could use their window of control to pass amendments to the constitution requiring voter ID, easing the rollback of regulations, and potentially even limiting abortion rights. Attempts to amend the state constitution were passed last session and if they pass in two consecutive sessions, they will be put on the ballot for voters to consider without the need of the signature of Democratic Gov.-elect Josh Shapiro.

They can not pass amendments to the Constitution as noted. They can only pass the ability of the people to do so in an election.

Wake me up when they start having armed duels at 50 paces.

Both sides are to blame, in my view, and this is a microcosm of the divisions in America

There is no reason Dems are doing it except for political gain...
And it proves Republicans are pure partisans, too.

I could care less about a state that elected a cognitively impaired stroke patient in Fetterman and knowingly elected a dead democrat to the state legislature.

PA is a clown show.

Democrat-controlled big cities are a cancer on the American body politic. They routinely withhold voting results until they determine how many ballots are needed to sway an election. Philly is no different from Seattle, Portland, Atlanta and other completely corrupt Democrat cities. Without real election reforms, their states are doomed.

Democrat-controlled big cities are a cancer on the American body politic. They routinely withhold voting results until they determine how many ballots are needed to sway an election. Philly is no different from Seattle, Portland, Atlanta and other completely corrupt Democrat cities. Without real election reforms, their states are doomed.
Many years ago a local newspaper did an opinion piece suggesting Philadelphia has the makeup to be a New Jersey city. Good people live in Pennsylvania. To many are not though. We must think regional and/or local in all areas of the nation. Resisting federal encroachment.

Forum List

Back