Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Senate Debate: John Fetterman V Conor Lamb V Malcolm Kenyatta:2 progressives, 1 centrist in the race to replace Toomey

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Fetterman supports suspension of federal gas taxes "because inflation is a hidden tax", and he would offset it by making corporations pay their "fair share" of taxes...Lamb does not support the policy, neither does Malcolm

FQ6yny6XEAAsBoz

• Banned
Fetterman asked to define "fair share", says: "you know it when you see it, like folks who own luxurious yachts, like Republican Senate Candidate David McCormick"

Conor calls out "you know it when you see it", touts Build Back Better (really?)

• Banned
Huh?

PA-18 Dem candidate Conor Lamb “is pro-life. But he also said he believes in choice.”

~ Linda Andrews, chair of the Washington County Democratic Committee

• Banned
Malcolm Kenyatta goes in:
turns to face Fetterman on stage re: the jogger incident
"It’s very rare we get John at an event ... For somebody who has cut an image as such a tough guy,
you’re so afraid of two little words - 'I’m sorry'"

*EXPLOSIVE*
Kenyatta: John we get it you have a black friend. Did you point a weapon at this man?

Fetterman: It never happened. I'm the only dem that has successfully confronted gun violence.

Kenyatta: You’re the only dem who chased down an unarmed black man with a shotgun.

• Banned
Fetterman and Lamb support fracking, Kenyatta does not

"Fetterman has been for fracking in Western Pennsylvania and against it in Eastern Pennsylvania" - Lamb

"you take money from the fracking industry, Conor" - Fetterman

"you don't take their money, but you take their position" - Kenyatta tells Fetterman

• Banned
"the problem is not with Joe Biden, it's with another Joe, Joe Manchin" - Kenyatta

Fetterman agrees, points out Manchin endorsed Lamb

Huh?

PA-18 Dem candidate Conor Lamb “is pro-life. But he also said he believes in choice.”

~ Linda Andrews, chair of the Washington County Democratic Committee
That is what a democrat running as a centrist is

They tell voters what they want to hear and then do what everyone does not want them to do

Conversely, a hard Lefty tells the public they will do all the things they don't want them to do. Only in crazyville, like San Fran, do these politicians flourish.

• Banned

“I heard a burst of gunfire with my young son. I made a split-second decision to call 911, get my son to safety, and intercept an individual, the only individual out running from where the gunfire came,” Fetterman said, “and intercept him until our first responders arrived as Braddock’s chief law enforcement officer and as the mayor.”

Fetterman has said repeatedly that he thought the individual might be fleeing a shooting, and did not know the race or gender of the man at the time. On Thursday, Fetterman also said that he was reelected in Braddock, a majority-Black town, after the incident.

“It’s certainly not a situation that anyone would want to be involved in,” he said after being asked by a moderator whether he would have done anything differently if he went through the same situation today. “But I’d like to point out that I’m the only Democrat on stage who has successfully confronted crime and gun violence.”

Kenyatta, meanwhile, turned to look at Fetterman and said: “It’s very rare we get John at an event, and so I’ll say directly to the lieutenant governor. For somebody who has cut an image as an incredibly tough guy, you’re so afraid of two little words: ‘I’m sorry.’”

Lamb is scary slick. Conor seems a practiced fighter, but loses it too easily. Sticking with Fetterman or a third party candidate for now, but any of them would be great compared to Toomey.
Kenyatta, meanwhile, turned to look at Fetterman and said: “It’s very rare we get John at an event, and so I’ll say directly to the lieutenant governor. For somebody who has cut an image as an incredibly tough guy, you’re so afraid of two little words: ‘I’m sorry.’”
Perhaps he has, privately. Calling Fetterman "incredibly tough" was a nice, Freudian complement though. Could put that in an ad. Opponents like Kenyatta found themselves having to admit that Fetterman "has cut an image as an incredibly tough guy".

Last edited:
they debated again...for 100 long minutes at Carnegie Mellon, don't worry i'll summarize it later

Forum List

Back