Pence "That is not my concern".... this is not going to age well for him.

You're a fucking moron.
4i6Ckte.gif

What if someone deposits $80,000 into a savings account that pays 5%? Dumbass.

$80K x .05/12 = $333.00
How long is it locked?

Basically the only "limitation" is you have to give 7 days notice before pulling funds. Big fucking whoop.

I'm trying to help you here, BTW. I didn't have to prove jack shit or give you any links. I don't give a fuck if anonymous Republicans believe me on some message board. But I'm a nice guy and don't mind helping other people take advantage of good deals. No skin off my nose.

Here's the product terms for Western Alliance. Basically one page - even you can read it.

OK, the link won't work outside the site. Go here:

Scroll down to High Yield Savings Account and click 'Product Terms'. It will open a pdf in another window.

Im not on a PC. Too hard on phone. Maybe Mon at work PC. Thanks. I've got to check my bank for what is going on.

Rates were so low so long i quit paying attention.

Im not on a PC. Too hard on phone. Maybe Mon at work PC. Thanks. I've got to check my bank for what is going on.
Banks are shit for savings. I just realized that my local bank has been charging me a monthly maintenance fee, so I called them. They said I could get a fee-free checking account if I either keep a balance of $1500 or $4000 in my checking, but it can't dip a penny below. On the plus side, they earn interest. I asked "What's the interest rate on the $4000 checking?" She said 0.01%.
4i6Ckte.gif

Fuck them. I'm switching to Truist or a local credit union tomorrow or Monday. You can do it online and it's maintenance-free if you have at least $500 direct deposit each month. No-brainer.

Banks are shit for savings. I just realized that my local bank has been charging me a monthly maintenance fee, so I called them. They said I could get a fee-free checking account if I either keep a balance of $1500 or $4000 in my checking, but it can't dip a penny below. On the plus side, they earn interest. I asked "What's the interest rate on the $4000 checking?" She said 0.01%.
4i6Ckte.gif

Fuck them. I'm switching to Truist or a local credit union tomorrow or Monday. You can do it online and it's maintenance-free if you have at least $500 direct deposit each month. No-brainer.

I'm more stupid. I was watching IRA 401K and ignoring bank. I have twice monthly payroll direct into checking. Then i move some to two different savings. One was supposed to be higher yield i begged for two years ago. Im not getting any high yield. Now it grown big also. And im missing the window.
You're right, I'm stupid! They tried to sell me 6mo CD or two year?

I'm more stupid. I was watching IRA 401K and ignoring bank. I have twice monthly payroll direct into checking. Then i move some to two different savings. One was supposed to be higher yield i begged for two years ago. Im not getting any high yield. Now it grown big also. And im missing the window.
You're right, I'm stupid! They tried to sell me 6mo CD or two year?
Lending Club is good, but there's only interest on your deposits, no compound interest. The Western Alliance is compound interest and a higher rate. There's another raisin bank that pays the same, I think. Google them.

Now, I fully expect interest rates to go down when the Fed finally drops rates, but until then I'm very happy. And the rates may not go down! I have no idea. Plus I heard on NPR Marketplace that there's going to be another rate hike. So it may go up at these two banks. As long as I make sure I have no credit card debt, I'm good. My mortgage is from over 10 years ago and is fixed, so that's not affected. All 4 cars are long paid off.

So, now the party of small government thinks it is the Fed Govt's job to fix our cities.
Nope!

BUT, it is time for the President to use the bully pulpit, travel to those cities, and call attention to what is failing. Without enlarging the government, a President can do a lot to mitigate the problems of the big cities.

Nope. That was Trump. Get your fucking facts straight, asshole.
That was your response to this statement by FranklinRoosevelt_FTW who said:: "Democrats in the current administration are responsible for the printing of most of the trillions of dollars giving away during the lockdown."

As you know, President Obama started the skyrocketing printing of money. It was slowed and reduced during the years of President Trump until Communist China unleashed COVID-19 on the world.

2023-07-16-X2.jpg

4i6Ckte.gif

Decades ago we lost control of the fiat currency. So, the guaranteed interest and the free toasters and the rest were jettisoned. It seems we pay to keep our money in banks. It's like we are paying a protection racket now.

Russia wants their land back, premiere coastline property. If CA seceded, Obiden would kill 25 million with nukes to hang onto it. Ukraine Russia is not our problem at $32T debt, govt out of control, homeless, illegals, queers...
We allowed germany and japan to become military juggernaughts while we were preoccupied with the Great Depression

Nothing today compares with the economic misery of 1933

I totally get your point, but many say that the US invasion of Iraq greatly destabilize the Middle East. Destabilized the world in some ways. That being said, I still disagree with supporting Ukraine, based on a multitude of reasons.
The invasion if iraq was destabilizing

But that does not mean we should allow russia in invade weaker countries in unopposed by the democratic nations

Its rare when the US and the euros can agree on anything

But this is one if those times and we must take advantage of it

Forum List

Back