Pence deciding whether or not to run in 2024

Pence may as well run....look how many Dems ran to be at the top of the 2020 ticket.

I am not a fan of Pence being POTUS.....but why shouldnt he run if FUCKING DEBLASIO ran?

https___cdn.cnn_.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_181007092605-potential-2020-democrats-696x392.jpg

Trump is an also-ran. He has his rabid followers who will always vote for him, but many Republicans don't like voting for losers and has beens. It's why you rarely see losing nominees of their party run for President a second time.
Oh, I don't know. Trump's turnout will be 99.9%, because they're "saving the country" from the evil Deep State Chinese Venezuelan Soros Hitler Swamp Commies 'n stuff.

Turnout for Biden? I'm not so sure.

So you are telling us 75 million voted for an ALPHA male because they really wanted as beta male? :auiqs.jpg:

And 81 million supposed democrats wanted a Zeta male, but instead, they got a ZERO.

View attachment 548764
Attenzione! The above outburst was sponsered by the former guy Trump, who approves the message because he's a psychotic knuckle dragging two legged orange primate.

The overriding question is whether enough Republicans agree he is the right candidate to carry that message. For a contingent of hardcore Trump supporters, Pence is a turncoat — the coward who betrayed the former president when he refused to toss out the results of a free and fair election.

Lonna Black, 60, a stay-at-home mother from Gilbert, Ariz., who attended a rally in support of the Jan. 6 rioters in Phoenix last month, said she was not a Pence fan after he certified the election results in favor of Joe Biden.

“I think he only has like 1 percent support in the Republican Party, if I know right,” Black said, referring to surveys giving him low marks. “Most people look at him as a traitor.”

And from Bibi Harringston, 50, who works in design and sales in Glendale, when asked whether she would support Pence if he runs for president: “Oh gosh, please, no. We know that Trump carried him.”

Pence, she suggested, “can fade away with Biden.”

I'd consider voting for Pence. He looks like a president, for starters.

Would you vote for Pence?

Will trump let Pence run?
He's almost as bed as trump. Not worthy of consideration.

I can't see Vice President Pence primarying Donald Trump in 2024.

I suspect that someone might, but it will be one of the Never-Trumpers.

And they could get the nomination too. With an uncontested Democrat nomination battle, millions of D's could cross the aisle and maybe give the nod to General Powell or some other ultramoderate to be Biden's sacrificial lamb in November.

I love the work, Trump. And Pence did for America forty-eight months of promises made and words, kept I'm open to support Vice President Pence I hope and pray he runs, and if he doesn't make it If he loses the nomination in 2024. VP Pence can sit back and go. Hey, how many people say they were vice president? He is still a success regardless!

He shouldn't bother, he's toxic
No, hopeless, he's so plain vanilla. After TRUMP???? What a sad contrast. Colorless.

I wonder why he's even hoping? But pols are unrealistic; remember when Dan Quayle even set up an exploratory committee to run for prez ------- that one didn't explore long.

I can't see Vice President Pence primarying Donald Trump in 2024.

I suspect that someone might, but it will be one of the Never-Trumpers.

And they could get the nomination too. With an uncontested Democrat nomination battle, millions of D's could cross the aisle and maybe give the nod to General Powell or some other ultramoderate to be Biden's sacrificial lamb in November.
Good point. Probably won't be one of the Trump-lookalikes, because they'd be viewed as disloyal and their name would be Mudd forevermore.

A Trump/DeSantis primary would be a blood-bath and we might lose the general. Contested primaries are bad for the final candidate.

Good point. Probably won't be one of the Trump-lookalikes, because they'd be viewed as disloyal and their name would be Mudd forevermore.

A Trump/DeSantis primary would be a blood-bath and we might lose the general. Contested primaries are bad for the final candidate.

Governor DeSantis isn't going to primary President Trump.

He's done a great job in the Tremendous State of Florida as Governor, and has a fabulous political future. What would be the reason for telling 75 million Little Trumpsters to go to perdition?

Governor DeSantis isn't going to primary President Trump.

He's done a great job in the Tremendous State of Florida as Governor, and has a fabulous political future. What would be the reason for telling 75 million Little Trumpsters to go to perdition?
Agreed. It would be crazy, as things stand now. I can imagine scenarios (Trump has a bad stroke, still won't give up, for instance) where DeSantis or Abbot MIGHT, but if Trump runs, they'll wait, I think. But it would be very annoying to give up four years and maybe more. Obvious successors to a popular prez don't usually win or at least win for long (Bush I only had one term after Reagan), because the other party gets a turn. So I bet they're hoping things change re Trump so they can run this time.

Agreed. It would be crazy, as things stand now. I can imagine scenarios (Trump has a bad stroke, still won't give up, for instance) where DeSantis or Abbot MIGHT, but if Trump runs, they'll wait, I think. But it would be very annoying to give up four years and maybe more. Obvious successors to a popular prez don't usually win or at least win for long (Bush I only had one term after Reagan), because the other party gets a turn. So I bet they're hoping things change re Trump so they can run this time.

To many people on this board are projecting Trump V Biden in 2024. That has at least a 75% probability of NOT happening. More than likely, it is going to be as of yet unknown candidate on the Dems side, against whoever the GOP puts up.

Unless Durham comes up with something solid by Dec of 2022 to back Trumps claims, it would be a DISASTER to rerun Trump against a not yet named Democrat in the general; not because we don't like his policies, but because he has to much baggage. Sure, we could have extreme confidence he could beat Biden, but someone else, not so much.

To put up Trump on principle would cost the election if he was not running against Biden, and then we would settle for whomever we passed over in favor of Trump in 2028, knowing WE gave the Democrats 4 more years to consolidate their power with open borders. Seems silly to me!

Conservatives have got to make a hard choice this time around. If Durham doesn't produce the goods to basically exonerate Trump, then do you want to go with Trump and lose, or go with De Santis or someone else and win?

P.S. Pence is not the guy. If he can be talked into it, De Santis is. He is Trump lite, without all the baggage.

Remember, do NOT give the independents a reason to vote against you! Biden V Trump, yeah, most of them vote Trump that do vote as of today. Trump against another Democrat NOT named Biden? Not so much.

Last edited:
To many people on this board are projecting Trump V Biden in 2024. That has at least a 75% probability of NOT happening. More than likely, it is going to be as of yet unknown candidate on the Dems side, against whoever the GOP puts up.

Unless Durham comes up with something solid by Dec of 2022 to back Trumps claims, it would be a DISASTER to rerun Trump against a not yet named Democrat in the general; not because we don't like his policies, but because he has to much baggage. Sure, we could have extreme confidence he could beat Biden, but someone else, not so much.

To put up Trump on principle would cost the election if he was not running against Biden, and then we would settle for whomever we passed over in favor of Trump in 2028, knowing WE gave the Democrats 4 more years to consolidate their power with open borders. Seems silly to me!

Conservatives have got to make a hard choice this time around. If Durham doesn't produce the goods to basically exonerate Trump, then do you want to go with Trump and lose, or go with De Santis or someone else and win?

P.S. Pence is not the guy. If he can be talked into it, De Santis is. He is Trump lite, without all the baggage.

Remember, do NOT give the independents a reason to vote against you! Biden V Trump, yeah, most of them vote Trump that do vote as of today. Trump against another Democrat NOT named Biden? Not so much.
75% probability? "More than likely"? We can't know the future. At all. Ever. How much we can't predict seems to me an important thing to know about the world and life. After all, everyone laughed in 2015 when Trump announced ---------- but in the end, he won the presidency, against all prediction.

I think I'm safe in saying there will be constant polemics of the dirtiest sort against both Trump and Biden until early November 2024, and also against any plausible alternative on either side, because that has already started and I discount all of it. None of it is real ----- it's just jockeying for position.

I have NO IDEA what will happen about who will run for election. Assuming there is an election --- best not to foreclose on any possibilities in this uncertain world.

Gov. DeSantis is hated just as much by the Lefturd Media as President Trump is.

Thinking that he would be a less divisive candidate than The Donald doesn't make sense.

And if he primaries Trump, he'll forfeit the support of millions of Trumpsters.

75% probability? "More than likely"? We can't know the future. At all. Ever. How much we can't predict seems to me an important thing to know about the world and life. After all, everyone laughed in 2015 when Trump announced ---------- but in the end, he won the presidency, against all prediction.

I think I'm safe in saying there will be constant polemics of the dirtiest sort against both Trump and Biden until early November 2024, and also against any plausible alternative on either side, because that has already started and I discount all of it. None of it is real ----- it's just jockeying for position.

I have NO IDEA what will happen about who will run for election. Assuming there is an election --- best not to foreclose on any possibilities in this uncertain world.

Then, let me ask you.......why would the Democrats run the one guy who has a high probability of losing to the one guy they can not have in the White House? You know how everyone thinks of Trump that do not support him? Same with Biden.

For either party to win, they must carry many independents. What do independents think of Biden and how things have gone? Do they think he is sharp as a tack, or losing it? I am not here to tell you it is true what they think, nor a lie; but that is what they believe. Same with Trump but with different issues.

Most older people remember a time, when everyone LOVED gridlock. Why? Because things could not get significantly worse than it already was, because both sides were throttled. They were forced to work together for little bits of what they wanted, and the big stuff was about the well being of the country or no matter what party they belonged to, they would get tossed!

All that has changed now with the power of the Presidency over the last 12 to 16 years. The President has taken power from congress, plain and simple. Presidential powers have become over the top, and whomever holds the office has almost become a defacto ruler. It is also why; as Mac puts it "tribalism" has taken over. Citizens understand that the Whitehouse holds all the cards.

Obama, Trump, and now Biden have usurped their constitutional powers. Congress makes laws, period. For the executive branch to just over ride them is ridiculous. Here.................do we have a law, made by congress, never been changed by congress, that basically says that illegal aliens can NOT just cross the border? Even Obama said we did, and he did NOT have the power to change it! And yet, depending upon who is in office, that law is enforced, or ignored!

We have lost our way, period; not because I do, or do not like the policies, but rather because the President; no matter who it is, has to much power.

As long as it is this way, both political entities need to think about who they are going to nominate for President, because if you lose and like what your party stands for today, you are screwed because it appears, you will get the exact opposite!

Then, let me ask you.......why would the Democrats run the one guy who has a high probability of losing to the one guy they can not have in the White House? You know how everyone thinks of Trump that do not support him? Same with Biden.

For either party to win, they must carry many independents. What do independents think of Biden and how things have gone? Do they think he is sharp as a tack, or losing it? I am not here to tell you it is true what they think, nor a lie; but that is what they believe. Same with Trump but with different issues.

Most older people remember a time, when everyone LOVED gridlock. Why? Because things could not get significantly worse than it already was, because both sides were throttled. They were forced to work together for little bits of what they wanted, and the big stuff was about the well being of the country or no matter what party they belonged to, they would get tossed!

All that has changed now with the power of the Presidency over the last 12 to 16 years. The President has taken power from congress, plain and simple. Presidential powers have become over the top, and whomever holds the office has almost become a defacto ruler. It is also why; as Mac puts it "tribalism" has taken over. Citizens understand that the Whitehouse holds all the cards.

Obama, Trump, and now Biden have usurped their constitutional powers. Congress makes laws, period. For the executive branch to just over ride them is ridiculous. Here.................do we have a law, made by congress, never been changed by congress, that basically says that illegal aliens can NOT just cross the border? Even Obama said we did, and he did NOT have the power to change it! And yet, depending upon who is in office, that law is enforced, or ignored!

We have lost our way, period; not because I do, or do not like the policies, but rather because the President; no matter who it is, has to much power.

As long as it is this way, both political entities need to think about who they are going to nominate for President, because if you lose and like what your party stands for today, you are screwed because it appears, you will get the exact opposite!
Well said. Shoooooooo --------- I STILL love gridlock! Especially the gridlock of a Republican congress and Senate with a Dem in the White House. With luck, that's what we'll get from the off-year elections next year.

Forum List

Back